It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democratic 2020 hopeful leads prayer in apologising for being White

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff

originally posted by: Woodcarver
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

African slavery was a thing long before they started selling black people to white people. They owned eachother for 1000’s of years and sold eachother to anybody willing, all over the world.

Why aren’t black people made to apologize for selling other black people into slavery?

Arabs and Jews were the main players in the slave trade, all the way upto the point were evil white people abolished it

You refer to different slave trades in your post. The historical so-called "Arab Slave Trade" was quite a while before the so-called "Slave Trade" that kids learn about in school today (aka The Triangular Trade/The Transatlantic Slave Trade)...

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 07:40 AM
link   
The fascist group that everyone is looking for is the Democratic Party in the US.

Apology politics. This is the worst display of virtue signaling I’ve seen.

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 07:45 AM
link   

This is senseless. Is she outright mad? I guess the next step is her apologizing her bowel bacteria for eating burritos and tacos even if she has no Mexican dna.
These folks marginalize Demoncrats into a party of lunatics, terrorists, extremists, generally evil small devils, satan worshippers and marxists. Well, atleast they have a spectrum there to choose their candidate for POTUS.

But painfull to watch it is.

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I've said it before, and I'll say it again.

Minorities are laughing their asses off at this behavior, all the way to the bank.

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Williamson dropped out of college her junior year in 1973 and moved to New York City, intending to pursue a career as a cabaret singer.

In 1979, after delving into A Course in Miracles, she returned to Houston, where she ran a combination metaphysical bookstore and coffeeshop.

Link

How is she not leading the pack in the presidential race.
edit on 7/21/2019 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnakinWayneII

originally posted by: Woodcarver

African slavery was a thing long before they started selling black people to white people. They owned eachother for 1000’s of years and sold eachother to anybody willing, all over the world.

Why aren’t black people made to apologize for selling other black people into slavery?

Arabs and Jews were the main players in the slave trade, all the way upto the point were evil white people abolished it

You refer to different slave trades in your post. The historical so-called "Arab Slave Trade" was quite a while before the so-called "Slave Trade" that kids learn about in school today (aka The Triangular Trade/The Transatlantic Slave Trade)...

I’m referring to the slave trade period.
Is one of them worse than the other?
If it is then it’s only by virtue of one being perpetrated people who are melaningly challenged which would make it racist

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 08:02 AM
link   
The Dems are going to need A Course in Miracles if they are going to win in 2020.

Better rebrand it The Miracle Course to not infringe on that author's work.

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Bloody hilarious and a shining example of why politics and religion should remain separate.

To all the short people in the world , I'm sorry for being tall.

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined

You must have missed the very beginning of the video where Marianne asked only white people to stand and repeat the prayer after her.

Nope. Didn't miss that. Hence my comment that so many people were willing to be led by the nose with no idea where they were going. Let me rephrase for your sensitivities: So many WHITE people... is that better?

But to my original point: At no time did anyone apologize for being White. At no time was any instructed to apologize for being White. Not once. So my first point stands...

And thank you for proving my other point about the echo chamber. Well done!

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Secretrooster
Honestly. Is it that bad for Europeans to apologize for the harm their ancestors caused? And the harm that has continued? I heard no one say “I apologize for being white”. We can’t help the race we are born into. We can try to correct the wrong of our ancestors though.

No, it's not bad. It's stupid like $h!t. Whoever ask why is stupid too.

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

At no time did anyone apologize for being White. At no time was any instructed to apologize for being White. Not once. So my first point stands...

That's true but don't let the truth stand in the way of a good headline.

It was pretty cringeworthy though.

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Yep, yep, wasn't even a prayer, just a ruse to say the words in front the bunch

If I was there......she'd have gotten interrupted loudly with a correction....a loud verbal correction

When I tell she's lost all the good sense God gave her.........

I kid you not.....in her face, babe

Then I'd inform her that Scripture states that it is not a good thing to have a woman lead anyone.

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Well as a white male I am sorry for the way people have acted, as a Christian I am sorry for the way christians have acted in the past
I am sorry, it’s terrible but

I wouldn’t partake in a mantra

Thing is, are any other races, extreme groups, expected to be accountable?

Be nice if it did help to heal the race divide but it’s not just a white problem

I wonder if the video is in context, it takes small steps

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
The Dems are going to need A Course in Miracles if they are going to win in 2020.

Better rebrand it The Miracle Course to not infringe on that author's work.

They get miracles every election, at least that’s how I would describe dead people voting.
If enough people actually see what’s going on not even a miracle will be able to help them

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Sorry
Thread title should have read “Apologise BECAUSE you are white”

Is that better?
Equally as sickening even when you play semantics

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I will Never appologize for being WHITE, nor will I feel anything but pride for my Race.
edit on 21-7-2019 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

That's true but don't let the truth stand in the way of a good headline.

It was pretty cringeworthy though.

It sure was! I was looking around for the Kool-Aid they must've been drinking....

Can you imagine a President Williamson inauguration celebration??? "Repeat after me, Americans..." Ugh. Pretty creepy all the way around.

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 09:13 AM
link   

They get miracles every election, at least that’s how I would describe dead people voting.

Dead republicans are banned from voting?

nymag.com...

Don't let your ideology get in the way of your common sense....

edit on 21-7-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Sorry
Thread title should have read “Apologise BECAUSE you are white”

Is that better?

Not really. More like, "SOME White people apologizing for the crimes of SOME other White people."

But that wouldn't get folks' dander up quite the same would it? That wouldn't get SOME White folks all worked up about others' virtue signalling while misrepresenting what actually happened, right?

Equally as sickening even when you play semantics

Semantics? Nope. Your title is an outright lie. At no time did anyone apologize for being White and at no time were they instructed to or requested to do so -- and they no doubt would have if they had been so instructed/requested.

What was sickening was that mindless zombie cult performance on the part of the audience with absolutely no positive or practical or proactive purpose. The fact that you missed that and immediately jumped into a big old pity party for White folks is pretty sad too.

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

What I found chilling about the video is that so many people were so easily led into repeating her mantra. Word for word. That so many people were willing to be led by the nose with no clue where they were going. Just like a cult.

That's also pretty much what I took from it - disturbing echoes of mindless cultism, a complete lack of reason and lashings of fear and ignorance.

originally posted by: watchitburn

They have this psychosis of narcissistic, self-loathing and hypocrisy. Constantly trying to out do each other with their virtue signaling.

As psych evaluations go that's a pretty good one.

originally posted by: AnakinWayneII

How about the good old islamic caliphate Ottoman slave trade - don't forget to teach that one.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join