It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prey Digital Deluxe Edition dirt cheap on Steam until 23/7/19

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 05:45 AM
link   
I played Prey back when it was released in 2016 but didn't own or complete it so when the Digital Deluxe Edition appeared on Steam this week for just £6 the decision to purchase was set in stone , it's a no-brainer.

The game draws its inspirations from greats like Bioshock , Half Life and to an extent Dead Space and as I remember it was an enjoyable romp through a space station filled with weird morphing Aliens just waiting to be dispatched to Alien Heaven set within a station with many routes available to complete your objective , add into the equation of the infinitely replayable Mooncrash DLC and what you have is an absolute bargain.

Video review from the always great Karak at ACG.

Buy it or don't , the choice is yours.

edit on 21-7-2019 by gortex because: spelling

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Steam is always cheap. It only costs as much as buying a pot to boil water in.

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 06:21 AM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

I disagree , they do have some good offers and I did get Age of Wonders 3 for free from Steam but in general I find Greenman gaming or Fanatical cheaper than Steam for most purchases , especially newer games.

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Thanks for the heads up
Purchased
I was on the fence when Prey then Mooncrash first came out.
Not now at $8.00

Ever play the original Prey ?

edit on 7/21/19 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

My overriding memory of the original was being in a bar with Don't Fear the Reaper playing on the Jukebox , then "they" turned up and I spent the rest of the game not knowing if up was down or vice versa , I didn't finish it but have fond memories of it.

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I'll play it if you buy it for me.

Figured it's worth a shot. lol

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 08:37 AM
link   

CD keys are also good for cheaper deals, sometimes a lot cheaper than steam. I got that free copy of AOW 3 too, not bad for a free game.

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Happy to report all is well , the game's still fun and maxed out on a 1060 running at around 100 fps it looks great.

£6 well spent.

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 11:46 AM
link   

TY for the heads up. I will buy. Still have a physical copy of the original lol, but I have been wanting to play this one since it came out. It's going into my backlog, but I'll get to it eventually.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 05:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: Gothmog

My overriding memory of the original was being in a bar with Don't Fear the Reaper playing on the Jukebox , then "they" turned up and I spent the rest of the game not knowing if up was down or vice versa , I didn't finish it but have fond memories of it.

And , Art Bell Coast 2 Coast playing out everywhere.
That was a big + for me.

top topics

join