It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leftist policies lead to death and destruction and population reduction

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: pexx421

Not really.

The problem is in scale.

An isolated case or three is not a big issue. You are correct. But we can contain those cases because we have modern sanitation and rodent control keeping things in check alongside.

Now imagine the disease spreads faster than people can show up and get their antibiotics. It can do this because part of our modern disease containment apparatus is hampered. We don't have the modern sanitation keeping disease vectors in check like we used to. Instead of a few isolated cases showing up, you have dozens or more, and by the time they've shown up, they've had the chance to spread their disease to others who may or may not realize what it is they have because ... those are medieval diseases. They don't happen in the modern world, right?

How long will it be before the modern medical apparatus is overwhelmed by patients?

At that point, the disease runs rampant and unchecked without stronger measures. Does the government have the will to mobilize and enforce those?

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

To add, you also have the issue of homeless people not taking their full course of antibiotics. In many parts of the world, this has led to antibiotic resistant strains of things like TB and common STDs. Heck, we have antibiotic resistant strains of common illnesses here because even well-off people don't finish a full course and the resistant bugs survive to create franken-diseases.

So you have homeless folks show up and receive pills they may or may not take in the prescribed manner. How long before you have antibiotic resistant strains of these illnesses that used to be controlled by more mundane means like sanitation and pest control?

But, yeah, you're right. It's a simple means of prescribing pills. Pills fix everything!

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

If you read the title lay seem to lay the fault clearly at the feet of the left.

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 11:21 AM
link   

We have a problem of people not finishing off their antibiotics I doubt very much if that is significantly more common among the homeless than it is in the general population.

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I’m a medical professional of 20 years. Bubose is not a threat. We give regular antibiotics for strep, which will kill you just as surely as bubonic plague if not treated. There are plenty isolated cases of bubonic plague every year, and there hasn’t been a plague in all this time. You’re worrying about a non-issue, but go right ahead and sweat it.

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 04:47 PM
link   
They also lead to pictures of Ruth Ginsburg that are fake.

mobile.twitter.com...

Democrats must be really worried about ginsburg's longevity potential.

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

To add, you also have the issue of homeless people not taking their full course of antibiotics. In many parts of the world, this has led to antibiotic resistant strains of things like TB and common STDs. Heck, we have antibiotic resistant strains of common illnesses here because even well-off people don't finish a full course and the resistant bugs survive to create franken-diseases.

Because you missed it the first time I posted it ...

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 04:51 PM
link   

An isolated case or three is not a big issue. You are correct. But we can contain those cases because we have modern sanitation and rodent control keeping things in check alongside.

Because you also missed it the first time ...

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I didn’t miss it, because they are non issues that didn’t merit a response.

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: pexx421
I’m a medical professional of 20 years. Bubose is not a threat. We give regular antibiotics for strep, which will kill you just as surely as bubonic plague if not treated. There are plenty isolated cases of bubonic plague every year, and there hasn’t been a plague in all this time. You’re worrying about a non-issue, but go right ahead and sweat it.

If you've been in the business for 20 years, then you know of the dangers of MRSA.

And that is a known.

You're saying the medical professionals can and will pick up on something new traveling through the homeless and have the staff and resources to handle it?

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 05:51 PM
link   

No, you missed it because your response was exactly as if I never wrote it which I did that same as the other poster. That's OK though because I do sometimes tend to write a lot ... far more than the Twitter standard 140 characters.

You're behaving as if you don't think there ever could be more than an isolated 2 or 3 cases which is no longer necessarily true. You have people in some places living under conditions similar to what exist after a disaster like a hurricane, only they haven't experienced the hurricane. They're just living in those conditions long-term. One of the major concerns after those disasters is always pests and disease.
edit on 21-7-2019 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Even if there were 1000 cases, we have hospitals, the end. It’s not a plague if we have a cure. End of story. Know what every plague movie had in common? No cure! Get it?

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 07:14 PM
link   

So, show me the study that shows that homeless people are more prone to not finish their antibiotic meds than non-homeless people. I really think that there is very little difference between the two groups. So, what was the purpose of you raising the issue in the way you did?
Ya know what else they say is causing antibiotic resistance? The germaphobes that constantly are washing their hands with antibiotic soap. For some reason, I doubt if the homeless are using antibiotic soap in higher amounts than those who aren't.

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 07:20 PM
link   

And we have people living in hurricane stricken areas that have been living in their destroyed houses long term.

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 07:24 PM
link   

You think they are gonna pick it up if it starts in the cash strapped, uninsured, lower, working class?

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 07:26 PM
link   

OOOh a political troll thread..how creative, let guess..left bad, they hate america hur dur. You have become very one dimensional, I.m sure you don't care.

Oh, and some new theories suggest rats might not of been the main transmitter.
news.nationalgeographic.com...

Take the info with a grain of salt, Nat Geo are probably just evil leftists trying to bring you down.
edit on 21-7-2019 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
You're at such a political tangent, that you associate everything with "left vs right".

Just rent a billboard write " death to democrats ", and give one of the perfect and logical reasoning to why you want that, i. e. The brilliant bubonic plague analogy.

There's a rat problem in Tokyo and Rio de Janeiro too....

Malleabilis

This is a result of the left ideology.

The idiots did away with effective pest control because of a "maybe." It might have had some negative effect on other wildlife which allowed the rat problem to explode. It is also a result of the homeless and drug problem that has been allowed to fester by the left then add in that it is a sanctuary city inviting illegal aliens that have not been properly immunized and the place is a disease powderkeg. This is the result of politics and it is the politics of the left.

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Well, in the middle ages, the plague spread across Europe and into england so fast because the rats were hitching a ride on the ships. Maybe the rats are illegal Chinese immigrants. Gee, who was proclaiming a decade or two ago that outsourcing our labor needs was so grand for our economy? Wasn't that the Republican bush?? Ya, think it was.

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

I can give you a much longer list of stupid # both the left and right have done, but just like your post, it would have absolutely nothing to do with the issue in the OP so I will not bring it up to detract from the topic.

My disdain for idiocy knows no party lines. I will call it how I see it when I see it.

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Well, the big cities had problems with rats, smaller cities and villages did also when I was a kid. I grew up in the downtown area of a small town and there were alleys and buildings she kept warning me to stay away from because of the rats. Heck, three blocks away from one alley, was the massive feral cat colony and the danged cats wouldn't even go near the alley. This was before there was an EPA telling us how bad the pesticides and such was for our health not to mention all the industrial waste that was being dumped in the nearby river. We were told not to eat the fish in the river, it wasn't safe but hey, the danged river rats didn't seem to mind. Matter of fact, they seemed quite healthy, big, fat, and mean. (What can I say, I was a typical kid, mom telling me to stay away from something was like an open invitation. I know what was in the alley. ) rats ya, but also sometimes boxes of neat stuff that the stores would discard... lol.. we were probably the youngest dumpster divers in the world.
The point I am making is that it wouldn't surprise me if there really are less rats in la than there was back before they started regulating the poisons that can be used to control them.
The homeless problem is at least partially caused by developers coming in and replacing low income housing with housing for the rich and famous along with a nice real estate scheme that landed a mess of middle income homes into the hands of the banks to be passed off in bulk to those rich developers but also sent shockwaves through the economy that sank a lot of people so badly they cant crawl out. I believe it was Spitzer in ny who warned the Bush administration what the banks were up to. And well, we know what happened to him....back in the day....when visiting a prostitute or whatever his little sex scandal was would result in the loss of your job.
The biggest drug problem we have at the moment is with the opioids. Which was caused by greedy drug companies and doctors. Which it doesn't seem like the Republicans want to reign them in anymore than the dems do.
Which causes me to ask. Just what are the liberal policies you are griping about?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join