It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AOC Calls For Green New Deal To Resolve NY Subway Flooding..Video

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 06:38 PM
link   
On Friday afternoon, AOC expressed concern over the flooding at NY's Court Square subway station and linked it to the "climate crisis."

LINK

Perhaps she should've done a little research on the real cause of this flooding, instead of running her mouth, which is her usual M.O.

An innocent commuter was nearly swept off a platform and into train tracks when he got caught in a rapidly flooding subway station.

The MTA shifted the blame to an independent contractor working on a nearby building, who neglected to build a proper drainage system at the site.

"This was an absolutely unacceptable and avoidable," MTA spokesperson Shams Tarek said in a statement on Thursday morning. "We have already begun taking steps to make sure the developer and contractor are held accountable and this doesn't happen again."

"We regret that our customers were inconvenienced and put at risk by this contractor's shocking lapse in best safety practices," Tarek continued in the statement.

LINK

Just another example of AOC doing this:

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

"We regret that our customers were inconvenienced and put at risk by this contractor's shocking lapse in best safety practices,"

AOC aside, for just a moment, what does that mean? Are "best safety practices" voluntary or did this contractor fraudulently cut corners?

edit on 20-7-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 06:49 PM
link   

She is so slimy that she leaves a trail of it wherever she goes.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

I wouldn't be surprised if the contractor cut corners to save a buck. It's a shame, because that guy in the video could've seriously injured himself. I wonder if he called a lawyer? I know I would!

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 06:51 PM
link   

To steal a line from the "Loony Toone" vernacular, "what a maroon".

This woman is dumber than a tissue paper wetsuit.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny

I wouldn't be surprised if the contractor cut corners to save a buck. It's a shame, because that guy in the video could've seriously injured himself. I wonder if he called a lawyer? I know I would!

Yeah, that is the point of the thread.....lol.

Seriously though, you're right, and that contractor (or his insurance co) is going to pick up a huge tab for any damages.

edit on 7202019 by Mach2 because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Next AOC will be asking why the flag on the moon hasn't grown since being planted 50 years ago ?

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Next AOC will be asking why the flag on the moon hasn't grown since being planted 50 years ago ?

Like... you know.. right?

ahhaha I love these..

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 07:26 PM
link   

It's a technical way of saying the way it is supposed to be done. It's similar wording for healthcare, and it's not optional.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

"We regret that our customers were inconvenienced and put at risk by this contractor's shocking lapse in best safety practices,"

AOC aside, for just a moment, what does that mean? Are "best safety practices" voluntary or did this contractor fraudulently cut corners?

Deflection, by definition, is a Narcissistic Abuse tactic used to frustrate and psychologically control the mind and emotions of a targeted victim.

Deflecting an argument by refusing to engage with the subject matter at hand is an age-old trick Cluster B people use on others and strive to teach their offspring to enjoy as a conversational game or strategic thinking habit.

It is typically used by Machiavellian people prone to gaslighting preferred scapegoat targets and virtually anyone who will listen to the manipulative and socially domineering speaker, this is a particular (overtly aggressive but socially passive) Narcissistic Abuse tactic.

Linky

Just sayin...

On topic... she shouldn't worry about it too much.

After all, according to her we're all dead in 12 years anyways.

edit on 20-7-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 07:34 PM
link   

AOC:

"If it wasn't for rising sea levels, the flood wouldn't have even happened !!!"

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny

LINK

The first response to this on her Twitter feed...

I long for the day when i stop seeing posts of her on ATS because

1) It means she's gone from politics
2) Every time i see her and her moronic views and statements it makes my blood boil..!!

edit on 20 7 19 by Diaspar because: because i can't spell

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 08:31 PM
link   
All you poor petulent people making fun of one of a very unique IQ level who chose a political career without the ability to comprehend or verbalize coherently .
Tsk , tsk , shame on y'all .

edit on 7/20/19 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 08:49 PM
link   

I would go with the cut corners and pay off the inspector who would sign off on the completion of the project .

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 09:08 PM
link   

We can build elevated gold-lined transportation systems all over the country, instead of giving Trillions to AOC and AL GORE.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 09:53 PM
link   

I like AOC. I think she's feisty and great!

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 09:55 PM
link   

She is an epic stupid ass.
Par for the course with the dems.
They still have that guy in office who is worried about guam tipping over.

Stupidest people on the planet.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Every so often they get flooding down there, it is not abnormal for some subways to occasionally flood in various cities from what I have read over the years.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Deflection, by definition, is a Narcissistic Abuse tactic used to frustrate and psychologically control the mind and emotions of a targeted victim.

Deflecting an argument by refusing to engage with the subject matter at hand is an age-old trick Cluster B people use on others and strive to teach their offspring to enjoy as a conversational game or strategic thinking habit.

It is typically used by Machiavellian people prone to gaslighting preferred scapegoat targets and virtually anyone who will listen to the manipulative and socially domineering speaker, this is a particular (overtly aggressive but socially passive) Narcissistic Abuse tactic.

Linky

Just sayin...

On topic... she shouldn't worry about it too much.

After all, according to her we're all dead in 12 years anyways.

Most people would shoot themselves if they had to listen to her for twelve years in politics.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

I like AOC. I think she's feisty and great!

We know sweetheart.

And Karl Marx is your hero as well.

History is not going to be kind to you...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join