It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Gharaniq Incident - Hallowed are the Gharaniq, whose Intercession shall be Exalted?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 06:01 PM
link   
In 2000 bout a year before graduating, took a few courses from Kevorkian Center for Near Eastern studies, including about Islam, Sufism, etc.

Across a couple classes, discussed the Satanic Verses. The REAL ones - as written about by al-Tabari one thousand years ago - not the fictitious novel by Rushdie.

The actual 2 phrases (transliterated) suggested by Satan to Muhamed were "Hallowed are the Gharaniq, whose Intercession shall be Exalted'. That is what I remember learning and using when discussing and referring to the incident, in the classes which were all in English with little reference to them in Arabic except in the textbooks themselves. It was easy to remember as it started like the Stargate's 'Ori' matra, afterall! And that the Gharaniq were symbolic high-flying cranes, and the verses weren't very 'important' anyways as only a minority of Islamic scholars even accept the Gharaniq incident ever happening.

About a year later I was already graduated and working on Wall Street when 9/11 was perpetrated and the satanic verses only briefly crossed my mind thereafter, from time to time.

Now its like 20 years later and I realize it was never that. But not too different, either. I'm old now. Our memories are all we have, yet they aren't as good as they used to be. They say each time we access our memories, they are rewritten before the next recall, anyway. Really? My gut feeling/reasoning is that it has more to do with quantum flux and dimensional bleed-through or maybe even spiritual 'signs of the times'! At least the backstory - of Muhamed being tempted to recite those verses into the Quran, but stopped by Gibreel (Gabriel) who asked what have you done, you recited to people what I haven't

Maybe its a conspiracy?

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 11:54 PM
link   
2 verses:

resistance is futile,

you WILL be assimilated!

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Perhaps when writing you should assume that there's a good chance the reader has no idea what you're on about, therefore giving the OP more background, context and explanatory details would really help the rest of us understand and maybe even relate to whatever it is you're wanting to say.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 09:24 AM
link   
sounds like Stargate to me Hallowed are the Ori....

top topics

join