It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

That's Right!...WE Did It!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
WHO did WHAT?
The USA...did THIS!

50 years ago today, the United States of America became the FIRST and ONLY country in the world to land a man on the moon!

With more than a little help from Nazi scientists who were dragged over to the US after the 2nd world war if I remember correctly.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

The world's greatest rocket scientist at the time was involved in the greatest achievements of rocketry? I'm shocked!!

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: jamespond

Would non-Americans please stop posting on here, that other countries helped to get America to the moon.

It will never be believed by some of them, and they do get very upset that it is even implied.

Thank you.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: TheGreatWork

Are you seriously saying you're unaware that a camera can be operated without a person being in physical contact with it? When you see CCTV footage on the news do you think it's some guy up on a pole filming it?

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

And every last nut and bolt was paid for using taxes payers money.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Have your ever seen a movie called The Dish?

it showed a great contribution made by non-americans.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

originally posted by: FinallyAwake
I think a lot of people dislike America, because they are so loud and overly patriotic that it just becomes cringe. 🙄

This!

I would note though that it doesn’t apply to all Americans. But it is an American stereotype that this thread is so far reinforcing.

Wait a minute.
Are you forgetting where you are from?
The British have a long history of pomp and circumstance brimming with with pride of King and country.
Probably still would be if you hadn't lost your empire.

Geez...it's not like the USA had any role in Great Britain not speaking German now.

Well I would say the Canadians and Russians had a pretty big role in that too.
But not as big of a role as the English Channel..

My late father-in-law was in the RAF.

He always said that if it wasn't for the Americans bombers and fighters, the British air force would've been completely wiped out.

The RAF seemed to manage OK on their own during the Battle of Britain without getting wiped out. Would have been a different story if Hitler had decided to keep on bombing our airfields rather than switching his attention to our cities instead.

Neil Armstrong made a point of saying "One giant leap for mankind", not for the US of A. But yes, it was a great achievement for America - and mankind.

A bit sad that when we are on the threshold of manned exploration of our Solar System that we are still stuck at the level of patriotism for our countries, rather than thinking in terms of mankind - but give it time, eh?
edit on 22-7-2019 by oldcarpy because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-7-2019 by oldcarpy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: jamespond

Fun fact, those same Nazi scientists got full amnesty for their crimes, which included the use of slave labor, and the production of missiles that were used against civilians.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

originally posted by: FinallyAwake
I think a lot of people dislike America, because they are so loud and overly patriotic that it just becomes cringe. 🙄

This!

I would note though that it doesn’t apply to all Americans. But it is an American stereotype that this thread is so far reinforcing.

Wait a minute.
Are you forgetting where you are from?
The British have a long history of pomp and circumstance brimming with with pride of King and country.
Probably still would be if you hadn't lost your empire.

Geez...it's not like the USA had any role in Great Britain not speaking German now.

I wonder what language the USA would be speaking now if it were not for us Brits? Although you still can't spell "aluminium" properly.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Lol I always hide the avatars
a reply to: gortex

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 09:28 AM
link   
It's sad to see that those jealous of the USA's major accomplishments...seem to prefer celebrating Nazis.
Many people from around the world HELPED the USA achieve this great achievment "For All Mankind"...but, in the end,...

...that's an AMERICAN flag, an AMERICAN astronaut...and AMERICAN footprints on the moon.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 09:43 AM
link   

We Brits were not in the least bit jealous. We were all glued to our black and white sets cheering you on.

No need to be so sensitive.

And who is "celebrating nazis" on here?

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 11:18 AM
link   

It's sad to see that those jealous of the USA's major accomplishments...seem to prefer celebrating Nazis.
...that's an AMERICAN flag, an AMERICAN astronaut...and AMERICAN footprints on the moon.

As you no doubt know I'm fully supportive of NASA but also critical when I feel it's needed , there is no other agency that has contributed so much to the understanding of our place in the Universe than NASA , yes they're an American agency but science transcends politics and nationalism., using their achievements to validate your nationalistic fervour does them and the many people of different nationalities who work for and with them an disservice.

America seems to be becoming a country that I don't recognise anymore and that bothers me.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Lol. Ignorant and proud. A dangerous combination the world has been bitten by a few times.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: hombero

Don't worry man America is WOKE AF now.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

They're a civilian agency to boot.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 12:00 PM
link   

It's hilarious.

Their America envy precedes them.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: hombero

Lol. Ignorant and proud. A dangerous combination the world has been bitten by a few times.

Dear "Ignorant and Proud"...

Jealousy is unbecoming...and you do your country a great disservice...There is absolutely nothing ignorant about Canadians being proud of their country's great achievements too.

I'm not exactly sure what they are at the moment...but I'm sure there must be many.

PS...Love your bacon!

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

WHO did WHAT?
The USA...did THIS!

I see a white guy landing on the moon putting up a racist flag so clearly you must be racist and sexist.

Ha , after I posted that I ran accross this

edit on 48731America/ChicagoMon, 22 Jul 2019 12:48:36 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Many people from around the world HELPED the USA achieve this great achievment "For All Mankind"...but, in the end,...

It's sad some Americans had to show their usual arrogance in the beginning of the thread and didn't give credit where credit is due.

Then try and pretend a SS officer was a lovely man just forced into working. Even when you read articles about him today you see how Americans try and spin it. He didn't hate jews he just really wanted to make rockets! Was he really a bad man?

What a time to be alive.

Sure things would have gone better if it wasn't for all that.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join