It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

That's Right!...WE Did It!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Mach2

There was no modern "Geneva Convention" as we view it today.

Sorry that's an easy cop out. And you're wrong.

The 1929 Third Geneva Convention clearly states that " Prisoners Of War " cannot be used as slave labour. Look it up.

Von Braun deliberately ignored this. Von Braun was a war criminal pure and simple. The Americans should be ashamed for what they did. No excuses.

As the world marks the 50th anniversary of the Apollo 11 Moon landing, spare a thought for the 60,000 slaves who helped make it possible. French and Russian prisoners of war in Nazi Germany built the forerunner of the Saturn V rocket that put Neil Armstrong on the Moon in July 1969. Much of this was down to the work of Wernher von Braun, a 22-year-old SS officer with a PhD in engineering who

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
a reply to: Mach2

There was no modern "Geneva Convention" as we view it today.

Sorry that's an easy cop out. And you're wrong.

The 1929 Third Geneva Convention clearly states that " Prisoners Of War " cannot be used as slave labour. Look it up.

Von Braun deliberately ignored this. Von Braun was a war criminal pure and simple. The Americans should be ashamed for what they did. No excuses.

As the world marks the 50th anniversary of the Apollo 11 Moon landing, spare a thought for the 60,000 slaves who helped make it possible. French and Russian prisoners of war in Nazi Germany built the forerunner of the Saturn V rocket that put Neil Armstrong on the Moon in July 1969. Much of this was down to the work of Wernher von Braun, a 22-year-old SS officer with a PhD in engineering who

www.telegraph.co.uk...

He used captured members of the allied military forces as slave labor? Because that is the definition of "prisoner of war". It is not referencing civillians in captured territories, so I will ask for a link there.

You ignored the point of my post. I wasn't making excuses, I was just pointing out that things are seen differently, in different eras.

We can all agree that segregation was wrong today, but that wasn't always so. I use that as an example, because the time frame is similar.

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

So they say...

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I saw it in a Stanley Kubrick movie, so it must have happened!

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Wow talk about an example of a Big Lie.

Ok here's an angle for debate...

Why does the temperature get so cold around 60 miles above sea level? Cold enough to turn CO2 into dry ice.

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: face23785
a reply to: Gothmog

Von Braun was. He was SS, and if I'm not mistaken SS members were required to be party members. However, he didn't seek out and join the SS cause he was a hardcore believer in their ideology. He pretty much had to to continue his rocket research after a certain point. Not that I'm defending him. I think it's a trashy move to join a monstrous organization like that just so you can keep getting your funding.

You want to source that ?

Here you go.

Von Braun was a member of the Nazi Party and an SS officer,

www.nasa.gov...

He used slave labour in his V1 & V2 Rocket Factories until they dropped dead.

Evil bastard.

Now , why wasnt he tried as the other 2 ?

He used slave labour in his V1 & V2 Rocket Factories until they dropped dead.

Were the Rocket Factories his , or the German government's ?

Its certainly tough to figure out if he was evil or not, without knowing all the variables. Did he seem "unperturbed" at a camp because he was evil, or because other SS members were there and he had to appear that way to avoid being labeled a sympathizer.

Did being a top scientist in rocketry basically mean he had a proverbial gun pointed at his head at all times to help win the war effort? Could his family's safety have played a role?

Von Braun was implicit on what went on. There is no excuse for this monster.

Those caught stealing glances at him were hung. One survivor recalled that von Braun, after inspecting a rocket component, charged, "That is clear sabotage." His unquestioned judgment resulted in eleven men being hanged on the spot. Says Gehrels, "von Braun was directly involved in hangings."

content.time.com...

I wonder if Republicans in 1945 were chatting " Send Him Back " ?

I doubt it.

Interesting article...

This one, even more so.

“Nazi Villain or Space Hero” is the title of one paper I’ve been giving. Everybody wants to reduce him to a stereotype: Either he’s the great pioneer of space or he is a bad Nazi with jackboots who’s tromping on concentration camp prisoners. I find him to be a much more ambiguous figure—much more complicated.

Not sure why you needed to take a swipe at Republicans, when Trueman(D) was President, and ordered the Department of Commerce to propagandize the advances made by the Nazi scientists..
edit on 21-7-2019 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-7-2019 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Have to bring back smoking in the work place...those were some hard working smart chain smokers
edit on 21-7-2019 by Bloodworth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
a reply to: Gothmog

I hope you're just playing devil's advocate here. Whether they were *his* factories or the German government's, he knew the German government was using slave labor to do his work and he didn't care. He could have quit. Other people who worked with him earlier in his career declined to work with the Nazis, refused to join the SS, and didn't get to continue their research with the type of funding he got. They had morals. He didn't. He was a lowlife.

I don't play devil's advocate , as I am not associated with Satan whatsoever.(I hope)
You assume too much
Thus , your posts

Yet , I will say again...
All Germans are/were not Nazis
Not in the way you envision.

Hilarious saying I assume too much when you just made a huge incorrect assumption about me. Where did I indicate I think all Germans were Nazis? You assumed that based on nothing but your incorrect perceptions. Not only did I not indicate that I thought all Germans were Nazis anywhere in my posts, my posts actually demonstrate that I DON'T think that. All I said was von Braun was SS, which required you to technically be a member of the Nazi party. I specifically said he wasn't a hardcore Nazi and wasn't beholden to their ideology.

My God man, please read posts you reply to. That's embarrassing.

ETA: Also, of the two of us, I'm not the one who was completely unaware that von Braun was SS. Maybe you should read up a little more on this subject before you get in arguments on a subject about which you're apparently not well-informed. It will save you a lot of making yourself look like a fool.
edit on 21 7 19 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
WHO did WHAT?
The USA...did THIS!

50 years ago today, the United States of America became the FIRST and ONLY country in the world to land a man on the moon!
Yes, it really happened...and, yes, it was done by the U.S.A....the greatest nation in the history of the world!

The next time some whiney, globalist, progressive whimpers about how the USA is garbage...REMEMBER.

They HATE-US...because they wanna BE-US!

Congratulations, USA.

The USA sure did do it.....in a studio.

Grats USA on the probably the greatest Film ever produced!

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Without the immigrant German scientists, your greatest so called (hack) country in the world wouldn't go nowhere!

edit on 21-7-2019 by mekhanics because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: mekhanics

mmm delicious salt

too bad you guys were too racist against the germans to take any in.

and then the part where you guys thought it would be a good idea to let the Germans be in charge AGAIN hahaha.

edit on 21-7-2019 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: mekhanics

Without the immigrant German scientists, your greatest so called (hack) country in the world wouldn't go nowhere!

"All these worlds are yours, except Europa, because you're a doofus."
-Abraham Lincoln

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: mekhanics

Dont forget the U.S. PTB suggested to John Diefenbaker, he'd better scrap the Avro Arrow. Then they scooped up all the best engineers from Avro, who went to NASA and worked on the space program.

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 07:42 PM
link   
nvm
edit on 21-7-2019 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 07:44 PM
link   
USA couldn't have done it without GERMAN scientists and rocketry engineers, and CANADIAN engineers from Avro that made up more than a third of the engineers at NASA

USA would never, ever have done this on their own, get off your high horse.

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 08:55 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 09:01 PM
link   

I see what you did there. Using a country that is under the gun and popular, while at the same time unpopular, to drop a personal opinion that will be sure to strike the match needed, to burn the forum down. With a hot topic like the Moon Landing, which also has it's believer's and disbeliever's. You were sure that this post would blow up and you would get more of those stars and flags. Am I in the ballpark?

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: IlluminatiTechnician

Uncanny.

edit on 21-7-2019 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 01:28 AM
link   
They painted Mars to look like the Moon and we went to Mars instead . Jack Parsons had Crowley’s ashes formed into a face . I know this because , an Asian Kung Fu master told me while we were fighting the ghost of H.P. Lovecraft with a tree of life spell . As sideways so parallel . Nite Nite Neophyte’s . Remember ! Far worse was going on in our space program than fake or real landings . To dance under the Welkin on a Full moon . Before bed check for hove prints in your garden . The Satyr is both friend and enemy . Tread with honor and death to your left . Stalk death and put your will under control through unbending Intent . NASA is or was the pinnacle of occult ceremonial magik . All magik done objectively pushes on the subjective and when the subjective pushes back only the initiated feel it . Our space program was a very expensive and fascinating series of occult spells.
edit on 22-7-2019 by SulfurMercurySalt because: Spelling

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 06:08 AM
link   
yep, all the U.S. No other countries helped... nope all transmissions and such went directly to the U.S from space, beamed right through the planet when necessary.

Good to see we've come so far as a species and that we've learned to put our imaginary made up concepts aside.
Thank god we went to the moon and it brought about this age of peace and mankind coming together.

At least yanks are always good for a laugh if only for the things they believe in.
Keep it up 'world leaders'

lmao

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join