It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

That's Right!...WE Did It!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

What flag got planted?

Well they did a pretty lousy job at it. It fell over when they took off cause it was too close the LEM.

They thought of everything... Almost

Because Neil and Buzz had to be careful and weren’t allowed to venture too far away from the Lunar Module, they ended up putting the American flag right next to it, which looked great on TV but meant that when Buzz and Neil had to leave, the Module’s exhaust ended up blowing it over. Something Buzz relayed back to Mission Control, much to their annoyance. NASA were so annoyed that the very symbol of America had been ineffectually blown over literally seconds after man left the Moon, they refused to believe it and denied that it had happened right until satellite imaging in 2012 proved that it no longer cast a shadow, indicating it was either a ghost flag or that it had fallen over. Since there’s no air on the Moon, they were forced to admit that the Buzz was right and that the Lunar Module had indeed ruined their middle finger to the cosmos.

Link Source

Mind you it was still a flipping amazing set of balls on display.
edit on 20-7-2019 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: FinallyAwake
I think a lot of people dislike America, because they are so loud and overly patriotic that it just becomes cringe. 🙄

This!

I would note though that it doesn’t apply to all Americans. But it is an American stereotype that this thread is so far reinforcing.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

So what?

If you don't' like it don't read it.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I think a lot of people dislike America, because they are so loud and overly patriotic that it just becomes cringe. 🙄

This!

I would note though that it doesn’t apply to all Americans. But it is an American stereotype that this thread is so far reinforcing.

Wait a minute.
Are you forgetting where you are from?
The British have a long history of pomp and circumstance brimming with with pride of King and country.
Probably still would be if you hadn't lost your empire.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 10:54 AM
link   
It was some feat so while all the congratulations are going around I say

remember those who gave they lives in the space race.......

CAPE KENNEDY -- America's first three Apollo astronauts died only 218 feet off the ground Friday night in a blazing explosion inside their space capsule atop its launch pad.
Veteran space pilots Virgil I. (Gus) Grissom, 40, and Edward H. White, 36, and rookie Roger Chaffee, 31, died in flames while lying on their backs in their moonship in a routine ground test for their Feb. 21 orbital flight.

They were believed to have died instantly in the fire which blazed up without warning in pure oxygen in their sealed cabin.

www.upi.com...

R.I.P you brave pioneers.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Just sounds like you're jealous 😌

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 10:55 AM
link   
We did it!

..... and then forgot how we did it!

Lost the tapes. Lost the ability.

First time in history technology digressed instead of progressed.

Pretty kooky.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 10:56 AM
link   

This!

Wait a minute.
The British have a long history of pomp and circumstance brimming with with pride of King and country.

Geez...it's not like the USA had any role in Great Britain not speaking German now.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 10:56 AM
link   

What a dickish thread

Wernher von Braun, google him....
Lmfao, come on folks, are we honestly surprised by this post and user?

Its just mad and jealous, that's all.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 10:57 AM
link   

This!

😭😭😭😭😭😭

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

This!

Wait a minute.

Geez...it's not like the USA had any role in Great Britain not speaking German now.

Well I would say the Canadians and Russians had a pretty big role in that too.
But not as big of a role as the English Channel..

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: SteamyJeans

not exactly...

we had the space shuttle, but it failed to live up to the promise we made it out to be.

if the shuttle had not been scrapped, because of cost and design flaws, we would be on mars by now.

we lost the will.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

This!

Wait a minute.

Well I would say the Canadians and Russians had a pretty big role in that too.
But not as big of a role as the English Channel..
Meh, but they all lost their wallets and ran out of stuff to use.

Daddys checkbook to the rescue!

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Btw folks. There is a live launch right now on youtube NASA channel. 3 astronauts heading to space station. On a Soyuz. I wish them luck! Not sure if live youtube links works via ats. Ill give it a whirl. Looks like its working, about 25 minutes to take off with them pesky Russians.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 11:03 AM
link   

You clearly do not understand the situation.

Technology progressed. The tech used then no longer exists, we have better tech. We just have not had any reason to put that tech towards going to the moon because it is less helpful to put a person there rather than a rover.

So now we would have to develop a lander from the ground up.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: thedigirati

not exactly...

we had the space shuttle, but it failed to live up to the promise we made it out to be.

if the shuttle had not been scrapped, because of cost and design flaws, we would be on mars by now.

we lost the will.
Yeah no kidding!
What traitorous and globalistic POTUS approve of that?

I mean, hitching rides with the Russians, pfff.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 11:09 AM
link   

This!

Sorry our anti-defeatist mentally offends you. Honestly I think we have that right considering the majority of the world would jump at the opportunity to live here and be part of us.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

The USA...did THIS!

Not quite.

The US provided the money.

The WORLD provided the scientists and technician that made it happen.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
a reply to: IAMTAT

The USA...did THIS!

Not quite.

The US provided the money.

Of course, all those British, German and Russian flags up on the moon, getting crowded up there, huh?

Lol, what a joke 👎

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Nope. You really need to read up on the Apollo program.
edit on 20 7 19 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join