It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Aliens need to be Intelligent

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Heres a thought.
(Excluding computer/human hybrids)

Do space traveling aliens need to be more intelligent than humans?

For example humans in 100 year will deff colonize the moon and mars. 1,000 years most likely leaving the solar system.

Could we out smart an alien due to thei 'intelligents solely reliant on technology?

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 03:57 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 04:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Skyfox81

I think they would need to be more intelligent than humans to understand the physics of traveling between the stars at sufficient speeds to make their effort viable , as yet we have not made it past our own Moon and seemingly will not be able to leave our own Solar System for many hundreds of years.

Any species who can routinely travel between the stars and survive would have to be more intelligent than us , technology is created through intelligence.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 04:13 AM
link   
I tend to think that they’d have to be more emotionally intelligent than us as opposed to basic intelligence.

Imagine if we didn’t have to fight and constantly spend all our resources to destroy ourselves.

An alien species could be at our exact level of basic intelligence and yet be ages ahead of us.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 04:18 AM
link   

I think they'd need to be intelligent enough not to even consider coming to Planet Earth, avoiding the insanity altogether.

Seriously.. If I were an alien, I'd probably avoid Earth completely and hit Jupiter instead.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 05:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Artemis12

Just hit the gas station real quick and dip. I agree, sadly.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 05:14 AM
link   

By default at the very least.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 05:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Artemis12

I think they'd need to be intelligent enough not to even consider coming to Planet Earth, avoiding the insanity altogether.

Seriously.. If I were an alien, I'd probably avoid Earth completely and hit Jupiter instead.

Oh I see it totally differently,

If I was a alien and guessing that "car crash TV mentality" is universal, I could not think of a more entertaining planet than Earth...

The brochure would basically read, "Visit a world and see total bat sh++ crazy humanoids destroy each other, see how ego and petty arguments have ended whole civilizations, see the corrupt Governments and endless suffering"....

We would basically be their Jerry Springer, hell we probably already are.....

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 05:30 AM
link   
I don't think aliens (intelligent or not) would be capable of interstellar travel. The more "intelligent" (by our standards) they are, the less likely they would survive their own technological advancement long enough to utilize it for space travel. And in fact, the less likely they would even WANT to travel for peaceful purposes anyway. Which would lead back to the fact that they would be more like us and less likely to survive their own technology.

Humans will never make it to another viable planet for one simple reason. We don't have a motive that doesn't come from our basic primitive nature to conquer and plunder and consume. We will do that here until we either can't anymore or until space travel becomes effortless enough for us to do it in nearby places in our own solar system. We will not have a motive to try and leave our own solar system until we have exhausted every single exploitable resource it contains.

Remember that the reason we have so much anxiety about oil "running out" isn't really that it's going to actually run out. Rather, that the effort in extracting it will become greater and greater until we cannot extract enough of it to meet our demands for the energy and resources it contains. So, going to another star system would be such an ordeal that we would be better off just letting a significant percentage of humanity die off and forcing ourselves to live on less and less than trying to do the unimaginable (interstellar travel is a cool sci fi concept but it's practically impossible).

So, the whole point of us doing anything in space would be selfish and would mean that we would not have good intentions if we encountered another intelligent species. If we're thinking about "aliens" being enough like us to want to come here and to have similar technological prowess, they would be enough like us to not be the types of aliens you'd actually WANT to meet.

As for unintelligent life? Who knows? Could it be possible for some kind of microbes or whatever to survive in space and somehow arrive here on a comet or something? If it did, would we even know the difference? What if snails are aliens?

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 05:45 AM
link   
a reply to: RandomPerson

What

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 05:48 AM
link   
a reply to: RandomPerson

What

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 05:48 AM
link   

it is not human anymore, that conquers planets and moons .. okay ?

we are already "pacting" greys and building AI surveilances ..

not so homo sapiens stuff, fck out of my planet..

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 06:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skyfox81
Heres a thought.
(Excluding computer/human hybrids)

For example humans in 100 year will deff colonize the moon and mars. 1,000 years most likely leaving the solar system.

Could we out smart an alien due to thei 'intelligents solely reliant on technology?

No...an idiot could figure out how to build a neutral dimension craft by simply observing nature....cultures with little of our today technology could easily have space flight.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Only a bit more than their prey, but Stephan Hawking might have been right about the danger. Even equality doesn't breed safety.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 07:57 AM
link   
The creators of the technology could be somewhat smart.

The pilots of the technology might not be so.

Analogy:

The creator of the car might have been somewhat smart.

The drivers of those cars might not be so.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

I think they would need to be more intelligent than humans to understand the physics of traveling between the stars at sufficient speeds to make their effort viable , as yet we have not made it past our own Moon and seemingly will not be able to leave our own Solar System for many hundreds of years.

Any species who can routinely travel between the stars and survive would have to be more intelligent than us , technology is created through intelligence.

I think that's more likely to be a function of the age of the species than the "intelligence".

Given the advances humanity has made technologically, in it's relatively short time as a "civilization", it's not hard to imaging a species of a similar intelligence level accomplishing unimaginable (to us) things given say 500,000 years, and countless generations of work to build upon.

As another poster mentioned, emotional development, or just a different value system in general, makes it difficult to assume the type of parallels or comparisons we are making are valid to begin with.
edit on 7202019 by Mach2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Mach2

Given the advances humanity has made technologically, in it's relatively short time as a "civilization", it's not hard to imaging a species of a similar intelligence level accomplishing unimaginable (to us) things given say 500,000 years, and countless generations of work to build upon.

I guess that's probably true , the advent of technology breeds new and better technologies it just depends where that technology is directed to determine the direction of travel for that species , kinda explains why were are still largely Earthbound.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: Mach2

I guess that's probably true , the advent of technology breeds new and better technologies it just depends where that technology is directed to determine the direction of travel for that species , kinda explains why were are still largely Earthbound.

Relative to the currently assumed age of the universe, I have to believe organized humanity is a mere infant.

If our species survives long enough to become united in it's aspirations, I have high expectations of what we could accomplish within the boundries of what is physically possible.

Sadly, this will not happen in the near future. Certainly not in my lifetime. Our discussion in the other thread is proof of fudamental differences that, are at this point, limiting to say the least.

I'm not even sure if we are moving closer to, or farther from a "united" planet. There appear to be insurmountable differences, but our "reality" is really less than the blink of an eye in the grand scheme of things, so who knows.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Is all life outside Earth intelligent, NO.

Is any space faring, Galaxy traveling species highly intelligent? Compared to us, YES.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

Is all life outside Earth intelligent, NO.

Is any space faring, Galaxy traveling species highly intelligent? Compared to us, YES.

Aliens are actually very similar to humans, especially when it comes to their sense of humor. Humanity once had the same understanding as their cosmic brothers and sisters before it was lost 13000 years ago. Humanity is preparing to take a quantum leap back to its previous understand before darkness engulfed this civilization. Strange times Indeed...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join