It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pulled a knife on a guy who tried to light me on fire tonight...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 05:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: RandomPerson
a reply to: LABTECH767

That would be the information needed to ascertain what happened.

Since that is just conjecture, however, we cannot use that to paint an accurate picture.

Sure we can, an accusation has been made so get on the bandwagon, no need to facts we got feels.
edit on 20-7-2019 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 05:22 AM
link   
In all honesty, you set yourself up for an altercation by going to a bar on a Friday night, to supposedly write. You made no distinction as to whether or not you told him hands off BEFORE you whipped out a weapon to punctuate the words with, either. And to really make yourself an easy loose cannon bullseye, you admit that's how you deal with people.

Did it ever cross your mind to dissuade him while heading indoors for employee back-up before shoving a weapon in someone's face?? Jesus woman, it's the ones like you that make the rest of us have to work hard to get around the stigma of women being bats# nuts basketcases. Thanks a LOT.

a reply to: Boadicea

Boad, with all do respect, that's not a sex offender, that's a plastered person. Even women commit this kind of behavior 3 sheets to the wind-- including the clearly pregnant one that slurred and groped her way all over my husband on a date. Then again, it was a pool hall, and drunks laying it on thick was to be expected. Was she a sex offender, too? Five bucks and a fat donut says you'll say no based on gender double standards.
edit on 7/20/2019 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 05:24 AM
link   
a reply to: XxKonspiracyxX

Here's the long version; I'm sitting at my favorite bar, as usual. I'm on the back porch, working on my laptop and getting some writing done.

You go to a bar to get some "writing done"(ugh) and then complain about people distracting you. Were you by any chance drinking a soy latte?

edit on 20-7-2019 by AntonGonist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 05:24 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Thank you, Labtech -- for me, for the OP, for all women who have been in this situation. I can't imagine how the OP is feeling right now, as if the initial assault wasn't traumatizing enough. She did nothing to deserve this, and acted with far more calm and control and reason than he deserved.

Thank you.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 05:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

Boad, with all do respect, that's not a sex offender, that's a plastered person.

Sex offenders can be plastered drunks too. It's not an either/or situation.

Even women commit this kind of behavior 3 sheets to the wind-- including the clearly pregnant one that slurred and groped her way all over my husband on a date. Then again, it was a pool hall, and drunks laying it on thick was to be expected. Was she a sex offender, too? Five bucks and a fat donut says you'll say no based on gender double standards.

You lose. But keep your five bucks and fat donut. I can get my own.

Of course she was a sexual offender as well if she was touching him without his consent or wishes. Obviously. Did he tell her? Did she refuse to stop? Did your husband ever feel physically threatened? In danger of violent sexual assault from this woman? All would represent varying degrees of sexual offenses, eh?

If you want to make excuses and minimize such behavior, you can, but it sure makes it harder for the rest of us women who don't want to be mauled and groped and worse by creepy creepers. THANKS A LOT.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 05:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
Sex offenders can be plastered drunks too. It's not an either/or situation.

Sure it can. It's as simple as whether or not intent was strictly malicious (gonna get laid whether she likes it or not) or just being a try-hard. Which she writes the guy as. Her words don't describe a predator, just a drunk with high hopes and missing the mark.

Of course she was a sexual offender as well if she was touching him without his consent or wishes. Obviously. Did he tell her? Did she refuse to stop?

Very politely turned down her advances with a kind smile, and only once, before faking her out with a free drink promise, and having the staff toss her out on her drunk ass. WAY easier than threatening someone with a weapon.

Did your husband ever feel physically threatened? In danger of violent sexual assault from this woman?

Lmfao, hell no. They probably would have been an even match in a physical scuffle, but threatened?? We still joke about the drunk ho today, and that was almost 15 years ago.

All would represent varying degrees of sexual offenses, eh?

No.

If you want to make excuses and minimize such behavior, you can, but it sure makes it harder for the rest of us women who don't want to be mauled and groped and worse by creepy creepers.

No it doesn't. What makes things harder for women is being told flying off the handle and disregarding manners in dealing with undesirable people is the way to go. It makes us look BAD, and utterly unstable. Escalating a situation is never an answer to the problem.

THANKS A LOT.

No problem. Maybe someone with a chip on her shoulder and an axe to grind for no real reason can approach a similar situation in the future more dignified than the OP did.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Sure it can. It's as simple as whether or not intent was strictly malicious (gonna get laid whether she likes it or not) or just being a try-hard.

It's sexual assault. By definition.

Which she writes the guy as. Her words don't describe a predator, just a drunk with high hopes and missing the mark.

She not only describes a predator, she describes an ongoing pattern of a predator -- multiple molestations of multiple women. Someone who was kicked out and returned. So a persistent and obsessed predator.

Very politely turned down her advances with a kind smile, and only once, before faking her out with a free drink promise, and having the staff toss her out of her drunk ass. WAY easier that threatening someone with a weapon.

Ahhhhh... so your husband not only never felt threatened, but had assistance at the ready -- which he used to have her thrown out although there was never any threat to his person... and you thought this was a comparable situation how? Oh that's right... it was your "gotcha." I remember now.

No it doesn't. What makes things harder for women is being told flying off the handle and disregarding manners in dealing with undesirable people is the way to go.

I'm cringing. Being polite and having manners when being sexually assaulted is "the way to go?" When pigs fly AND hell freezes over.

It makes us look BAD, and utterly unstable.

Look bad? LOOK BAD??? Because I give a flying frick what anyone freaking thinks??? Oh dear. I don't care what they think... as long as they KNOW that if they act inappropriately and violate my or anyone's person, appropriate action can and will be taken. If they think I'm psycho bitch bat# crazy, so much the better.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Absolute bs.

Read the title and then read the opening post.

Did you really pull a knife on someone because they tried to set you on fire?.... with a cigarette lighter

LMAO.

I have also read that you like guns..... why did you not take a gun out with you that night?

edit on 20-7-2019 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 06:21 AM
link   

It's sexual assault. By definition.

In my book, sexual assault is specific to sexual body parts and it not a blanket battle cry because Suzie feels uncomfortable around someone. Which is exactly what that definition has morphed into today.

She not only describes a predator, she describes an ongoing pattern of a predator -- multiple molestations of multiple women. Someone who was kicked out and returned. So a persistent and obsessed predator.

I'm seriously questioning that, she claims a bunch of yelling women and yet, NOBODY ELSE stepped in to toss him out, not even employees? He was just allowed to continue roaming with a full house of witnesses? Highly, highly unlikely post Pound Me Too movement.

Ahhhhh... so your husband not only never felt threatened, but had assistance at the ready -- which he used to have her thrown out although there was never any threat to his person... and you thought this was a comparable situation how? Oh that's right... it was your "gotcha." I remember now.

There was never any legit threat for the OP to pull a weapon, either. Laying it on thick at the bar is not a life or death emergency warranting immediately arming oneself.

I'm cringing. Being polite and having manners when being sexually assaulted is "the way to go?" When pigs fly AND hell freezes over.

Again, that was NOT sexual assault. Not now, not in the past, and not even in another universe. I've had a few uninvited shoulder caresses, but you will never convince me it was sexual assault, because it wasn't.

Look bad? LOOK BAD??? Because I give a flying frick what anyone freaking thinks??? Oh dear. I don't care what they think... as long as they KNOW that if they act inappropriately and violate my or anyone's person, appropriate action can and will be taken. If they think I'm psycho bitch bat# crazy, so much the better.

And that is why I roll my eyes and don't take many women seriously anymore. F# learning to de-escalate and handle a problem in a controlled, safe manner, let's whip out the blades! Maybe throw some gang signs, too! Give me a break, all this in-yo-face crap does is piss the other party off more. She's just lucky he was too drunk to feasibly think anything through. Edit: I ended that on an ambiguous note. I was implying he could have been less drunk & had his wits about him, and she could have been on her way to being booked for brandishing a weapon.

Don't go picking fights you can't win alive, or prison record-free.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 06:28 AM
link   

You aren't even consistent in your arguments. Just saying whatever sounds good to blame the victim and excuse the creeper.

But one thing is clear, you're more concerned with all the boys liking you more than you are concerned about the safety and well-being of women.

I'm not.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 06:35 AM
link   

If you were the police and read the statement (opening post)... Would you actually take it seriously?

link   

You aren't even consistent in your arguments. Just saying whatever sounds good to blame the victim and excuse the creeper.

But one thing is clear, you're more concerned with all the boys liking you more than you are concerned about the safety and well-being of women.

I'm not.

Lol, no. I'm being plenty consistent. She had no cause to pull a weapon without trying less dangerous methods first, sexual assault is not an ultra-vague "he put his hands on me", and a Touching Timmy still freely roaming a bar after sending people fleeing and yelling is HIGHLY UNLIKELY.

link   

Don't go to a bar on any day, let alone Friday night, if you have a headache or want to concentrate on work, or not deal with drunk rowdy people.

What do you expect? I think this is a you problem more than anything.
edit on 20-7-2019 by hombero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 06:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: hombero

Don't go to a bar if you have a headache or want to concentrate on work, or not deal with drink rowdy people.

What do you expect?

Evidently, to get online attention over the end result of that "outing".

Honestly, the whole damn OP reads like a 15 year old wannabe bad-ass trying to dredge up some street cred.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Wow! After reading this whole thread, I don't know what to think.

After reading the OP, I was kind of on the OP's side.

Then, after reading some of the responses here, I genuinely wonder what the future holds...

Guy: Hi, my name is Bill. Would you like to go have coffee sometime?

Girl: **rummages through purse**

Guy: AAAAARRRRGGGHH...you STABBED me!! WTF???

Girl (on Interwebz): I just stabbed some jack-wagon with my Hello Kitty stiletto ninja switchblade.

Interwebz 1: Good! Serves the F'n misogynist serial rapist murderer right! Execute him!

Interwebz 2: WOT????

Interwebz 1: Damn straight! All men within stabbing range deserve stabbery! Should have shot him too, then ground him up and fed him to the goats! The Douche minstrel! Power to the Wimmins, HOO-AHH!

FCD: Hmmmmmm...
edit on 7/20/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: RandomPerson

people being outgoing

Is THAT what you call what he was doing to her? Being outgoing? Seriously?

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 06:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: new_here
a reply to: RandomPerson

people being outgoing

Is THAT what you call what he was doing to her? Being outgoing? Seriously?

Just because someone's being an annoying twat doesn't mean they deserve a knife or gun shoved in their face.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Love Pandas, they make everything better.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 07:10 AM
link   
What's pink and hard?

A pig with a knife.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

I think you described it well. Many men don't understand that guys can overpower women most of the time. The fear that at any moment this guy could have used his superior strength for rape.

Unless you're a ufc fighter, you're at a severe disadvantage.

On the other side, sounds like a bar that is unable to police its customers. Most good bars would have immediately thrown out a creep chasing away women.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join