It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Superbowl of Politics on 7.24.2019 - Democrats vs Republicans - Bob Mueller is the Football.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 12:31 AM
link   
July 20, 2019

Former Special Counsel Bob Mueller was originally scheduled to testify before the House Intel and House Judiciary Committees on Wednesday July 17th. But it was delayed by 1 week, so (supposedly) lawmakers would have a couple of additional hours to question him.

The July 24th testimony of Bob Mueller will be like the Superbowl in several ways..

Millions of people all over the world will be watching it live. The media is already hyping it with all they've got. Democrats and Republicans on the two committees are preparing, similar to how professional football teams prepare for their biggest game of the year.

Behind the scenes, preparations are intensifying for both Democrats and Republicans.

Democrats on the Intelligence Committee and Republicans on the Judiciary Committee have already held separate mock hearings with senior aides playing Mueller, to help sharpen their questions ahead of Wednesday's back-to-back public hearings before the Judiciary and Intelligence Committees.

Lawmakers are re-reading the Mueller report and watching his past congressional appearances, while committee staff are working to divide up the questions for lawmakers in a way that will be logical to millions of television viewers unlikely to have read the 448-page Mueller report.

The Judiciary Committee, which will go first next week, will tackle volume two of the Mueller report on obstruction, while the House Intelligence Committee will follow with questions on Russian election interference detailed in volume one of the report.

"I've been involved in 100 hearings, and we've never prepared for one the way we have prepared for this one," said one Judiciary Committee aide.
Much More at: www.cnn.com...

Which team do you hope/think will get Bob Mueller across their respective goal line more often, thereby winning this political Superbowl? REPUBLICANS or DEMOCRATS?

BTW -- Less than 24 hours after Mueller testifies, Congress will begin flying away to various parts of the planet for 43 days of...VACATION.

If Bob Mueller gets Democrats all fired up to begin Impeachment proceedings against President Trump, their sun and alcohol soaked 6 week vacation will wipe out that excitement!

The leaders of the Dims... AOC/Omar/Rashida/Presley, want Congress to keep that momentum, by delaying the vacation, and beginning the impeachment process IMMEDIATELY after Mueller verbally crucifies Trump.

-CareWeMust

edit on 7/20/2019 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I want this to stop so we can actually do something about the problems Americans are facing.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 12:45 AM
link   
REPUBLICANS

Because they will ask the questions that matter

DEMOCRATS will ask BS questions and make BS statements

Democrats have some trick questions lined up that will give the illusion that Trump is guilty of obstruction.

Those questions will of course force Bueller to say he can't answer in an open session because it's classified.

That will trigger the MSM to go on a wild speculative smoke-binge !!

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

This is a ridiculous waste of energy by both sides and nothing more than political theatre, and a bad one at that. If Mueller waivers from his report, he will be presumed a liar, holding back or obstructing. All he can do is refer to the report to stay out of harm's way.

With that under consideration, what is the point, other than to deflect away from Epstein and what is coming? The timing of all of this is highly suspect! Almost like people knew when Epstein would be arrested and worked around that date to lead up to this new Sideshow Bob fiasco.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 01:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
I want this to stop so we can actually do something about the problems Americans are facing.

President Trump has done more in 2 years for America than "scandal-free media darling" Obama did in 8.

The moral: We're on the right track.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 01:20 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

It will be like the old days of 2017/2018. Media and their pet commentators foaming at the mouth...and ZERO power to actually do anything. Same applies to House/Senate Democrats.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 01:27 AM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

As Xuenchen said, the Republican Congressmen have the most IMPORTANT questions to ask.

Mueller's report was prepared in a way to throw a little red meat to Democrats.

But much of it was based on assumptions which were weak, or flat out wrong. Quite a bit of leaking and deception was generated by the Special Counsel team, too. Lots of NEW GROUND for Republicans to cover with Mr. Mueller.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 01:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: xuenchen

It will be like the old days of 2017/2018. Media and their pet commentators foaming at the mouth...and ZERO power to actually do anything. Same applies to House/Senate Democrats.

The CDC is already recommending rabies shots for anyone who is vulnerable to extended TDS😃

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 08:53 AM
link   
The Democrats should be careful for what they wish for. I seriously doubt RM's testimony is going to go the way they want.

But then again, the Dems deserve to have this blow up in their faces one more time............

Please tell me some of the 4 freshman will be able to ask questions. And Hank too......

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Let’s play a game. Mueller, the former head of the FBI, has diet in politicians.

Which ones, we probably can find out by the questions they ask.

We have hand written notes that show Steal lists his sources as Russians, hold up the paper, so why did you take a report of someone who used Russian disinfo agents as their source?
Or
If they ask questions that are easily answered but sound quasi partisan...I bet those ones are dirty

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: SocratesJohnson

Quasi partisan shilling by members of Congress? NEVER.

Have you watched these type of hearings?

I think everyone on both sides will be disappointing. Hopefully we get a couple good questions and more importantly, real answers from Mueller.

He's a seasoned DC veteran. He knows how to answer without answering.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 09:33 AM
link   

No mater what he says BOTH sides are going to twist it and spin it to fit their narratives.

Be honest. If he comes out and actually says the words trump colluded, trump obstructed, your not going to trust it , right?

And for the dems. If he comes out and says the words the potus is exonerated your not going to trust it , right?

Dog and pony show.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 09:35 AM
link   
The Superbowl of Politics
Democrats vs Republicans

- Dems have home field advantage
- Bob Mueller is the Football
- Nadler is the head ref (he has the biggest whistle)
- Nancy P, Maxine W, AOC are the cheerleaders
- CNN is the exclusive network
- ANTIFA is in charge of stadium security
- Google and Facebook are the major sponsors
- Half time entertainment featuring Kathy Griffin and Whoopi Goldberg and a cast of thousands from Hollywood

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: LogicalGraphitti

Hey...that's a star studded support crew! All very fitting for what the New York Times is describing this morning as "Make or Break time for Democrats."

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 10:25 AM
link   

I never watch any political news. I do fantasy football instead. I find fantasy football to be a more enjoyable form of entertainment than Fox News and the ilk.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

If Bob Mueller lowers the bar and says Donald Trump's words obstructed justice, he's then opened up a ton of Democrats to being charged with Obstruction. But not Donald Trump, because he's a sitting President.

And as I said in the OP, Democrats are powerless. They don't have the DOJ or the US Senate.

House actions are meaningless, as we saw last week with the condemning of Trump's words, and the condemning of AG Barr for a citizenship question which won't be on the Census. No damage whatsoever, in either case.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

I never watch any political news. I do fantasy football instead. I find fantasy football to be a more enjoyable form of entertainment than Fox News and the ilk.

well whoop-tee-frick'n-do for you 😃

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 06:09 PM
link   
The news media has colluded on a plan, leading up to Mueller's testimony. They are ramping up on "racist Trump" by getting even legal immigrants, and minorities in front of the camera to describe how they wouldn't be here if former Presidents were like President Trump.

Also, NBC is leading the charge in describing how Bob Mueller will disclose many Trump crimes, this coming Wednesday.

www.nbcnews.com...
edit on 7/20/2019 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 12:32 AM
link   
July 20, 2019

From the REPUBLICAN Perspective...

Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.), a staunch White House ally and member of the House Judiciary Committee, predicted former special counsel Robert Mueller’s House testimony next week could be a political boon to the president.

“We are going to re-elect the president,” Gaetz told The New York Times when asked about his goal for Wednesday’s hearing in front of the House Judiciary and Intelligence committees.
thehill.com...

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 09:31 AM
link   
AG Barr needs to be seated right behind Mueller. Every time he uses “classified” as a response, Barr stands up and announces its now “declassified”.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join