It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The OPEC Cartell Conspiracy!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Ok I admit i'm new here, and I have 1 post to my name on ATS. But I did do my search as some of you forum zealots recomend
and no OPEC threads surfaced. The recent news of the 25-30 cents price hike due to price of the crude almost reaching the new record highs.

Frankly, I didn't even know where this thread belongs - so mods, not that you need it, but you have the green light to move this to a more appropriate place (but please dont move this into that locked beyond secret thread, as I wont be able to see the responses

So let the discussions begin: anyone feel that there is an OPEC / Oil / Energy related conspirac(y)(ies)? Unlike some of you who believe that the Freemasons & the Illuminati control the world, I think the OPEC has much more power than we give them credit for.

Some links:
www.buchanan.org...
www.urbansurvival.com...
www.democraticunderground.com...

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 08:43 AM
link   
OPEC is currently producing at, or near to, their maximum capacity, and they cannot do anything to substantially lower the price of oil. The price is currently so high because

1) The dollar is worth 30% less than it was just a couple years ago. Oil is paid for in dollars, so in order to get the same amount, we have to pay these countries more dollars.

2) Huge increases in demand, especially from China (and increasingly from India).

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Not sure what you think the conspiricy is?

OPEC is a cartel that heavily influences oil prices by increasing or decreasing production, mainly to try and maximise their revenue.

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Here is some of the conspiracy that I see with Iran, OPEC, and oil.

The second largest OPEC oil producer threatens europe and US via their oil production. OPEC is hiding money, miscounting production and continually manipulating oil prices via production and production reports.

Iran warns of oil crisis over nuclear issue

Iran's top nuclear official has warned the United States and Europe of the danger of an oil crisis if Tehran is sent before the United Nations Security Council over its nuclear program, but said that a deal with Europe could be near.
The first to suffer will be Europe and the United States themselves, this would cause problems for the regional energy market, for the European economy and even more so for the United States," Hassan Rowhani, whose country is the second largest oil producer in OPEC, said.

Iran oil ministry suspected of funnelling out $54 billion

The four affiliate companies that are currently holding money for the Oil Ministry are the National Iranian Oil Company, National Petrochemical Industries Company, National Iranian Gas Company, and National Oil Products Refinery and Distribution Company.

THE ENERGY REPORT

oil prices may have found a new trading range. And it may be a range that seems to be encouraged by OPEC and perhaps endorsed by the Federal Reserve! This $55.00 per barrel mark is probably the upper end of the range with the lower end in the $50.00 area.

OPEC will announce a production increase if prices go much above the $55.00 area and they'll call for a cut if there's a drop below the $50.00 area.

Yesterday the OPEC Secretary General helped inspire the rally when he said he couldn't rule out the possibility of $80.00 per barrel oil in the next 2 years!

Yesterday Bloomberg News reported that a report came out by a Deutsche Bank analyst Jay Saunders that said the US Energy Department is investigating whether or not they are over reporting some gasoline supply. DOE spokesman Doug MacIntyre responded that they have noticed an unusual trend going on. Jay Saunders said he believes that reporting irregularities could suggest a double counting of some gasoline blend inventories.

[edit on 5-3-2005 by makeitso]

new topics

top topics

join