It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tips for Beating the Heat this Weekend (and anytime)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Boadicea

Son is fine.

That's good to hear -- for both of you! I have no doubt he's in good hands, but that doesn't mean he'll like it or make it easy for either of you. So that's a relief -- one less thing to deal with.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Ha! Made it. Found out how old the a/c really is ... 20ish. Yikes.

Be a while before we get things cool enough to run the computers though. I am still phone bound.

We use several of the tips on this thread. It was helpful and a good idea.
I regret that I have but one flag to give.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Just put down 15 miles in this heat (95 degrees but felt like 105). I do 15-16 miles EVERY OTHER DAY and average around 16 mph, so it takes me just under an hour (avg 57-58 minutes).

Today it was so HOT I bonked hard and I'm certain it was heat illness.

My head hurt and I felt nauseous.

It was a dumb idea to ride in this type of heat at 1pm (sun beating down) but I HAD to work out.

UGH!

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Woohoodehoo!!! That's awesome. I was so worried that you'd have to try to sleep in that heat and that makes for a miserable night.

And I'm really happy this thread helped out a bit. Maybe it was meant for you all along? The Lord works in mysterious ways His wonders to behold.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

Oh Tempter... I feel for you!!! That's super tough in the heat, I know. I'm glad it isn't worse, but be careful too. Take it easy now. Get some fluids into you and just let your body rejuvenate itself.

And if something starts going south, get yourself some help. Don't take chances. Take care instead.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join