It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump is not a ''villian'', he is a ''vaudevillian''

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: jrod
a reply to: BuckyWunderlick

Had Trump invested his daddy's money in stock indexes like the S&P 500, he would be much more wealthy.

The man will not release his tax returns because he constantly claims losses and does not pay taxes. He does not want the world to know he is a loser in the business world(or a clever con-artist who knows how to dodge taxes).

Years from now, Trump presidency will be looked at as a failure. We have a showman who can rile up the ignorant but in terms of diplomacy and the best interests of the country and environment he is a failure.

Instead he created a vast global real estate empire. Anyone can invest in stock indexes, even you.

He resides over a great economy, record low unemployment, robust job and wage growth, and you’re worried about the public relations of global political elites. I can only laugh.

Either way your post is rife with counterfactual fantasy.

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

It is true.

Plenty of sources to back up what I said.

You just prove that Trump's faithful are delusional and unwilling to accept facts.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: jrod

I don't need a source, the math will do.

in 1974, the S&P 500 closed out the year at a price of ~67.16.
in 2015, the day trump came down the escalator, the S&P 500 was 2084.86
That is a gain of 3104%.
So, 40 million x 31.04 = 1.242 billion.

Now if you add in reinvested dividends that gets you roughly another billion. So that's 2.2-2.3 billion.

If trump had bought on Jan 2 of 1974 (the first trading day of 1974), instead of December 31st his gain would have been much smaller as the S&P500 was ~97.55 that day.
So using that number he would have only been worth $854 million plus dividends. Again this is no eating, no rent, nothing. Certainly no trump jumbo jet.

So I guess what we've learned is:

that the Anti-Trump faithful are delusional and unwilling to accept facts.

Here are the historical prices for 1974, you can do the math, I have faith in you.
edit on 22-7-2019 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 08:36 AM
link   
finance.yahoo.com...

Trump Worth $10 Billion Less Than If He’d Simply Invested in Index Funds

The starting point is in the early 80's with investing on the stock market.

Remember he also claimed losses for a decade straight.

The reality is he is not worth as much as he claims and is riddled in debt.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: jrod

bahahahaha, so trump was supposed to take his 40 million he inherited in 1974, turn it into 500 million over 8 years (an annualized rate of return of over 140% per year, meanwhile the stock market posted a loss), then buy the bottom of the market in 1982, and HODL, without food or shelter, until 2015, so he could make 12% annualized for the next 30 years?

See, the main flaw, outside of the ridiculous idea that trump should have simply just bought the bottom of the market, is that trump has lived a lavish lifestyle his entire life. In order to "index" he would have had to give all of that up. So even in the cherry picked, indexed analysis trump performed better in real estate because he lived like a king for the 30 years he was investing.

This is flat out delusion, and for what purpose? To say a guy worth billions isn't really THAT smart.

ETA:

The reality is he is not worth as much as he claims and is riddled in debt.

For the cherry picked indexed analysis to work out, you NEED him to be worth as much as he says he is. So which is it? He should have indexed and he would have been worth more because he said he had 500 million in 1982, or you don't believe him and he actually beat the market according to the forbes valuations over the years? Meaning he is just that smart.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Dude i have no idea where you've been for the last 9 years but TRUMP's entire rise to power in 2016 was the absolute zenith of the great war of ideology that raged both IRL and on the internet from 2010 to 2016. To point out this late all the way in 2019 that trump is a TV movie villain (Dark hero to us supporters) is to imply you haven't been paying attention. Which would make sense since you seem to not support him and are drawing attention to something as irrelevant as supposed racism in the face of the greater concern that "SEND THEM BACK" implies. Trump to us has always been the best TV SHOW on earth.

Me and my friends have planned our leave days and vacations around traveling to his rallies just so we can Scream slogans and chant USA over and over again. it's hilarious on all levels watching the destruction of the previous status quo. Who are to us literal B movie villains with neon bright Glow in the dark Weak spots and cheesy bad guy plans. it's hard not to react like that when the "ENEMY" responds to the stabs and strikes accordingly.

Its a really trying thing to deal with anyone who wasn't completely absorbed within the meme war and their opinions of the results because they literally lack critical information that takes Days of accumulative time to explain, decipher and contextualize while so far away from the events themselves. From 2010 to 2016 was just one long string of events that can only be called a MEMETIC singularity that literally WILLED trump into office by sheer brute force. To those proud veterans of the meme war. With whom Julian assange and many other Unnamed brave heroes are counted among our number. Trump is a Glowing orange Bastion of Clownish light holding back the darkness just a little longer. There are no graves for the many hobbyist, gamers, comic readers, science enthusiasts, who faced the absolute BRUNT of the ideological brainwashing in 2010. WAVE after WAVE, Career after Career. From The west to the east we watched the world turn to madness while everyone condemned any attempt to stop said madness.

There is no compromise. There is no longer any choice. This is the result of existential desperation brought about by the well meaning and kind hearts of the left, the fence sitting smug rhetoric that only serves to bolster the ranks of the Great Enemy. I had wished you a smarter man but it appears you are sat firm in the enemy camp. There is no race, no better man. No country. no lines.

Only HUMANITY and THE ENEMY. Choose your side.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

reply to: TerryMcGuire

have to agree completely but for the 2025 part. 2020 will be fine for me for him to kick off his tour. I have no doubt that he will be profiting from his supporters for years and years to come. Wanna buy a T shirt?

Which president (on both sides of the aisle) in the last 50 years, did not come out of office richer than when they went in? And where did all that money come from?

I wouldn't mind if he sold "trump" t - shirts
To the public after he gets out of office.

No-one would be forced to buy one. He donates his salary now.

In my opinion it is much more palatable than receiving $500,000 + In speaking pay-offs..oops I meant "speaking engagements" fees from special interest groups..

I'd much rather see citizens voluntarily reward the president 1 shirt at a time after his terms are over, than see a president rewarded by fortune 500 companies and special interests for not helping the citizens..

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Mike Stivic

You know meathead,,, I cannot argue against this observation. I can try to mitigate it, to make it sound as if the others were just as bad but really there is not point to that. Oh, hell let me try. Tossing in the drive for power along side the financial dividends and we have the major reason for anyone to run for office. Hell, that wasn't much of an arguement so I'll quit trying for now.

But that bit about him donating his salary? Bolox. In marketing terms, that is nothing other than a ''lost leader''. And as for the speaking fees when he is out of office, well, you betcha, no matter how bad his business dealings have been in the past his family is set for a long long while.

Thanks Mike, you made me think.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

And thank you for your civil response

It's nice to see manners still have a place here.

As far as the loss leader aspect of his salary deferment, I think it's just good P.R. with money he didn't need, but you could very well be right..personally, to me it's nice to see a president actually put their money where their mouth is.

Thanks again Terry for taking the time to reply reasonably.

We don't have to agree about everything, just as long as we try to see each other's viewpoints and actually hear what the other side is saying, while we debate.

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Mike Stivic

We don't have to agree about everything, just as long as we try to see each other's viewpoints and actually hear what the other side is saying, while we debate.

Recognizing how we can drown in our own points of view has been one of the reasons I first ventured into ATS. One thing I hope I am still learning here is that civility that is necessary for any of us to communicate our varied points of view. So, yeah, thanks for that thanks Mike.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join