It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump is not a ''villian'', he is a ''vaudevillian''

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: BuckyWunderlick

I don't watch tv nor regularly read the mainstream news. To claim I can't see past the front page of the DC press machine is laughable.

Showmanship does not equal leadership. Trump is not a very good businessman, given the bankrupted companies, failure to pay contractors, and the number of lawsuits he has been involved in over shady business practices. He is a good con artist. All great con-men can manipulate an audience to sell themselves and their snake oil.
edit on 20-7-2019 by jrod because: A

edit on 20-7-2019 by jrod because: B

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: jrod

I have noticed how this trope has become a standard for many Trumpians. It is one of the major causes for explaining away differences of opinion and evaluation of current social issues.

There comes a point in many of our lives where we break from the shell of our earlier levels of awareness and the shock can be so , well, shocking at just how naive we were that we want to distance ourselves from just how shallow our awareness had been. Some call this waking up.

Trump has utilized this natural process and bent it to his own purpose. By exaggerating the falseness of media, the biases of media he gathers the doubts that many have and and sums them up in one big ball of wax making it all to easy for people to ''not believe''

The process of what to believe and what not to believe is an essentially existential growth experience for individuals. By telling people ''what'' to believe and ''what not '' to believe he steals away their growth process and deprives them of one of the most important human rights, the ability to choose for themselves.

The example of Trump in this case should be a template for all of us, both right and left and down the middle. It goes on all around us. Again, Trump is just an example. But please don't believe it just because I said it cuz, well, I hope you know.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

Wow, there is a reverse campaign slogan for 2020. Selling Ignorance. I wonder which side will be astute enough to pick it up and use it against the other. Tomes, tropes and memes. Sometimes I wonder if we are all not just jelly in the brain of the beast. Hoo crap, there flies another one.Write it down quick and put a copy-write on it.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Pot...meet Kettle...Kettle...meet Pot. Did you expect only the echos of sentiments to keep you company ? Certain there is an Echo Chamber near you. If all else fails, try that safe closet and just repeat the same sentiments and a you shall hear a comforting voice echo the same again and again. Maybe by the time you come out, they will have found the cure for TDS...although Biden promised a cure for cancer

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: DJMSN

The pro-Trump eco-chamber is quite loud on ATS. Anything against Trump is also met with the same echo-chamber that use creative sayings like TDS to denounce anyone critical of their ring leader.

You my friend are part of that eco-chamber on this thread. It is as if you have not even read the OP's first post.

The OP has put together a well written and thought out thread, followed up with more well written and thought replies that the eco-chamber clearly ignores.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 02:56 PM
link   

I personally want to see General Mattis switch parties and run for POTUS so his slogan will be Mad Dog 2020!

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Mattis running as a third party candidate would appeal to many on the right and some on the left as well. The only way I could see him turning D would be if Trump's polls were so high and the leading D's polls were so low that they would accept a wild card such as Mattis. It all might depend on just how willing the more radical Ds are willing to suspend their agenda to beat Trump.

What I would like to see is strong Republicans stand up against Trump and challenge him in a primary battle. Make him earn his second nomination. But might that happen? Who knows. We do know that there have been a lot of R leaders who spoke out against Trump early on and saw him as a disaster. Yet he won the election and now most of them sit quietly and raise no fuss. The standard notion is that they fear not being re-elected, but I just don't know.

At this point I have little regard for any of the D candidates other than Tulsi Gabbard. She is a moderate D and what I consider an honest broker. She fills the bill as far as being a woman, which it high on the D list of attributes, and to boot a woman of of non-Caucasian ancestry which is also high on the list. She is active in her states national guard and a several term congresswoman. And barring the more progressive wing of the party tearing her to pieces, I think that her appeal could attract a large enough segment of Rs and independent voters to oust Trump in 2020

But it's all conjecture for now. Rs turning on him, a solid independent candidate getting the vote of more responsible conservatives or an outstanding moderate D such as Gabbard. It's anyones guess.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 07:31 PM
link   

I was not being serious though. I just like the way mad dog 2020 sounds.

Who knows, stranger things have happened but the odds of him running are nil, as awesome as mad dog 2020 sounds

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

In the recent kerfuffle centering around Trump's tweets about 4 US Congresswomen an interesting little snippet has slipped through the barrage of partisan screaming and defending.

So you have proof that POTUS Trump named all those 4 women?...

Or is this more of a case of...

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
Naturally, I expect him to do about the same while in office.

Yet the opposite is what has happened. But hey, keep avoiding the fact that the U.S. and it's people are better off under Trump as POTUS than we were at any time during Obama's, or Clinton's, or even both Bush Senior's and junior's administrations.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: jrod

I don't watch tv nor regularly read the mainstream news. To claim I can't see past the front page of the DC press machine is laughable.

Showmanship does not equal leadership. Trump is not a very good businessman, given the bankrupted companies, failure to pay contractors, and the number of lawsuits he has been involved in over shady business practices. He is a good con artist. All great con-men can manipulate an audience to sell themselves and their snake oil.

Yet you repeat the same, tired one-sided arguments.

Trump is a great businessman and his successes far outweigh his failures by a vast margin.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Are you acting obtuse here or are you serious. You want proof he was talking about those four specific women?????

He didn't name them because he does think himself a sly bugger. But who he meant was as clear as crystal.

So don't ask me who he was talking about sir, ask any of the people who were there listening to him rattle and prattle on..They knew EXACTLY WHO HE WAS TALKING ABOUT.

Did he name them by name. What a ferking hoot.

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 01:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

originally posted by: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
Naturally, I expect him to do about the same while in office.

Yet the opposite is what has happened. But hey, keep avoiding the fact that the U.S. and it's people are better off under Trump as POTUS than we were at any time during Obama's, or Clinton's, or even both Bush Senior's and junior's administrations.

What? You live n a cave?
edit on 21-7-2019 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 01:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuckyWunderlick

Trump is a great businessman and his successes far outweigh his failures by a vast margin.

Yep. You'd last a minute working with that guy. You know what it is to be a businessman like DT. He's have you suck his ball while he diddly's your significant other and you'd shake his hand.. Wimp
edit on 21-7-2019 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 02:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColoradoJens

originally posted by: BuckyWunderlick

Yep. You'd last a minute working with that guy. You know what it is to be a businessman like DT. He's have you suck his ball while he diddly's your significant other and you'd shake his hand.. Wimp

That’s a nice little fantasy there.

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 11:48 AM
link   

This one, I don't understand. I don't see why trump didn't own the send her back chant. There's only one reason I can think of and that's to distance himself from the investigation going on, where she is the subject.

What do you think his purpose for distancing himself is? I mean, he doesn't care what the media says. If he did, he would have shut his twitter down ten years ago.

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

I heard somewhere that Melania and others close to him pointed out that the message he was delivering was one thing but to have a crowd chanting it was just to scary. That kinda makes sense to me as he has resumed his speaking out on these women.

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 01:03 PM
link   

But how is "send her back" worse than "lock her up?"

Maybe I'm looking at this all wrong. With hillary her crimes were reported and everyone knew them. Omar's crimes, while justifying the chant, are not as much in the public consciousness. So maybe send her back seems more disingenuous to the lay person because they view it in the light of her simply hating the country she's a representative of?

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Had Trump invested his daddy's money in stock indexes like the S&P 500, he would be much more wealthy.

The man will not release his tax returns because he constantly claims losses and does not pay taxes. He does not want the world to know he is a loser in the business world(or a clever con-artist who knows how to dodge taxes).

Years from now, Trump presidency will be looked at as a failure. We have a showman who can rile up the ignorant but in terms of diplomacy and the best interests of the country and environment he is a failure.

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 03:09 PM
link   

That's completely untrue. Not only is it untrue, it's completely unrealistic and an extremely oversimplified look at things

If he had invested his 40 million, the year he got it, in 1974, in 2015 that would have been about 2.3 billion. At the time he was worth 2.9 billion (according to forbes, according to trump it's almost 3x that). That's 25% better than the market. It also assumes he reinvests everything and doesn't spend a dime, working a middle class job or something and living in such accommodations.

The man will not release his tax returns because he constantly claims losses and does not pay taxes.

We have gotten his taxes from 2005 and found that he does indeed pay taxes. 38 million dollars worth of them that year.

Years from now, Trump presidency will be looked at as a failure.

Yep, we'll look back and be like:
"Remember when unemployment was 3.6% and setting records, what a poor economy trump gave us!"
"Remember when trump didn't get us into any new wars, that was pathetic!"
"Wasn't it terrible when trump was president and wage growth finally recovered from the obama presidency?"
"Trump was such a dunce he got the korea's talking about unification."
"Don't forget, that moron trump got us better trade deals. What a jackass."

So rather than trying to virtue signal that history will show you to be a better person than your opponent, how about you wake up and put your shoulder to the wheel and help us move the country forward. Trump is the president, no amount of whining will change that. Start trying to change some of the policy things that affect you.
edit on 21-7-2019 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join