It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran says it has captured British oil tanker

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 04:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Totally aree with you on Iraq and Libya while not on Afghanistan which was a just incursion by outside powers

Iran is going to implode without interevnetion militaaritly, economics are doing the job and prepping the locals for sorting things out themselves then a true peace can be found in the ME as everyone else is ready to do the Trump Deal of the century

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 04:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
a reply to: ufoorbhunter
Most of us are begging for an end to the tories and their never-ending and totally unnecessary austerity measures

Just wait til Boris getd the reigns you are gonna have one mad ride and you'll start to love the Toroes Solo. You might even become a paid up and card carrying member of the Conservative Party

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Don't, Just Don't even go there. Scotland is about to be Love bombed again, this time by the crazy but likeable Eatonian buffoon. And you know what, The same mad bastards that fell for Cameron's crap will fall for Johnstons.
edit on 23-7-2019 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Mach2

I think your assumption is faulty, that the deep state and NWO are synonymous and that they are always on the same page. I think there are different factions in the deep state. The defining principle of the deep state is to accrue unelected and unaccountable power. In that sense, obama was a huge part of the deep state.

As for the iran deal. I don't think that was a deep state idea. I think that was his muslim sympathies and hatred for america. In fact, the deep state wasn't too happy about the iran deal See here and here and here

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Iran is going to implode without interevnetion militaaritly, economics are doing the job and prepping the locals for sorting things out themselves then a true peace can be found in the ME as everyone else is ready to do the Trump Deal of the century

Will that peace last for 3 years, then come to a grinding halt? This is the one thing that has given me reservations about trump and his motives.

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Iran is going to implode without interevnetion militaaritly,....

Seems I've been hearing that since Khomeini came to power back in '79.

.....are doing the job and prepping the locals for sorting things out themselves

Sanctions are hitting hard.
The biggest danger is if some of the most extreme factions in Iran gain even more power and influence.
These people have deeply held religious convictions that believe in forcibly bringing about major military confrontation between Iran, Islam and their 'enemies'.

The general local population lack significant resources to unite and organise an effective and credible challenge to the status quo.

.... then a true peace can be found in the ME as everyone else is ready to do the Trump Deal of the century

You honestly believe that Trump is somehow going to broker something that has been unachievable for literally thousands of years?......
Wow......

edit on 23/7/19 by Freeborn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

We can only hope. Trump is doing a wonderful job foreign policy, he's really doing good in theworld, the ME has never been in a better shape now it has the world powers in full control of it, just need Iran pacifying one way or aother then it's job done

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

You honestly believe that Trump is somehow going to broker something that has been unachievable for literally thousands of years?......
Wow......

Yes I do and the efforts are already beginning to show fruit. Trump has got the Arabs sunnis and the Isrealis closer than they have ever been. This week Saudi and UAE delegations in Jerusalem................ Can you even dream that a few years ago? In addition he has espected Russia's sphere of influence over Syria which is also a draw back from the proxy wars going back a hundred years. Now just an effort to rid the region of Iranian influence and then just maybe a lasting peace in the region, or maybe an uneasy lighter wrmer cold war that one day will lead to true peace, but already things are better out there. Even Syria is being coaxed daway from Iran and into the Putin Netanyahu Trump family of friendship

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 09:08 AM
link   

The biggest danger is if some of the most extreme factions in Iran gain even more power and influence.

I think that's downside of the US pulling out of the deal , the moderates in Iran pushed the deal and compliance with it but they've had the rug pulled out from beneath them , now the hard liners who said it was a waste of time dealing with the West have been shown to be right.

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Maybe in what I refuse to acknowledge as my middle age I'm becoming far more cynical than many but I can't really share your optimism.

The whole region is thoroughly riddled with corruption, religious intolerance and bigotry that goes back literally centuries, racial hatred that goes back thousands of years, tribal feuds that last generations and massive suspicion and distrust of all things 'western'.

Given all that and the efforts of others that have tried over the years do you really think Trump has the diplomatic skill and nous to broker any sort of worthwhile deal that placates and satisfies all sides?

That's not meant as a criticism of Trump per se but rather an observation of all that has preceded him and the problems that must be overcome in order to achieve any creditable deal.

It isn't going to happen anytime soon.

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Trump can do it
We can only hope of coarse but things are looking promising. He's very talented in foreign affairs, look at Korea, going better, look at Russia, going better and he gives respect, look at Israeli Sunni affirs, looking better, Syria...... Give Russia their rights to their sphere of influence, again Trump success, look at Iran, others would have bombed them for the drone attack but Trunmp let it go................. Trump sees the bigger picture and let that one go. I honestly do believe things are looking better under Trump but we must give him another few years before we get further down the road to peace which unfortunately as Kissinger once said terminates in Tehran

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

The danger is very real.

It has long been thought that members of the Hojjiateh have infiltrated The Revolutionary Guard.
It is The Revolutionary Guard who have been so aggressive in The Straits of Hormuz.

The Hojjiateh have one goal - forcibly bringing about the return of The Mahdi, by whatever means.

In addition, the closely related Haghani Circle have manoeuvred many people into positions of influence and control in various institutions.
Due to the collapse of the nuclear deal and the increasingly damaging effect of sanctions these people are starting to exert an alarming amount of pressure within Iran.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Ukraine shouldn't have entered the ship seizing game invented by the UK.
Now it will not be possible to safely deliver Liquified Natural gas to Europe via gas tankers!
Only gas that can come is from Russian pipelines !
edit on 25-7-2019 by Flanker86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

That's kinda what I was thinking. Thanks for the optics!

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join