It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who said that?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61
a reply to: RickinVa

I always say that there's a reason that the majority of conservatives are older than the majority of liberals, and it's not because liberals have a shorter life expectancy. It's because a lot of those young liberals wise up. Not all, but a lot.

There's a quote from Winston Churchill that goes something like: "If you're not a liberal at 20, you have no heart. If you're not conservative by 50, you have no brain."

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: underpass61

The opinion of random nobodies, with no power or influence, is irrelevant.. and obviously irrelevant..

I am pretty sure doing that is a logical fallacy with its own funny little Latin name..

If it is not an elected official, head of some big group , speaking As an official or the equivalent.. it doesn’t matter...

There are 350 million Americans..

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: JustJohnny

I wouldn't describe the American voter as irrelevant.
The voices do add up.

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Yeah people don't care what is said but who said it.

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 03:22 PM
link   

A clueless and misinformed populace are just "random nobodies" yet they are the ones voting in your "relevant" people of "power or influence". Why am I not surprised that you are just fine with that?

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: underpass61

Yup and obviously irrelevant..

BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT AN ACCURATE REPRESENTATION OF THE POPULATION...

If I want to make the point that all car dealers like to take a dump on the salad bar at Wendy’s, out of 350 million people , I can probably find a car dealer who has or has said he would like to, take a dump on the salad bar at Wendy’s..

And what do you know, to someone who doesn’t know what a logical fallacy is, it will look like I made a real point..

Guess what??

I did not... the average car dealer does not support people defecating on the salad bar at Wendy’s..

Which is why it gets its own funny little Latin name.

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Well like every debate judge, teacher or coach, public speaking teacher, Greek scholar ( we have known what a logical fallacy is since Ancient Greece.. at least) and pretty much anyone else with any training in logic or rhetoric, or anything like that... would agree with me..

BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT AN ACCURATE REPRESENTATION OF THE POPULATION!!!

NOR ARE THEY AN AUTHORITY FIGURE WHO MAKES ANY DECISIONS!!!

Republicans are just SOOOO EASY to propagandize..

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Disturbed analogies aside, if you don't think that the majority of college/university students would have given similar responses you are delusional.

ETA: Nice use of all caps BTW, really made your point - not
edit on 7 19 2019 by underpass61 because: added

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 05:42 PM
link   

I hope you stomped your foot or at least shook your fist when you typed that..

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 09:09 PM
link   

BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT AN ACCURATE REPRESENTATION OF THE POPULATION!!!

I agree, they are not an accurate representation of the population.... I noted that the video didn't show anybody who got it right. It's selective video editing at best...like a highlights reel that they don't bother to explain.

NOR ARE THEY AN AUTHORITY FIGURE WHO MAKES ANY DECISIONS!!!

I strongly disagree....some of these young people are the future congressmen, congresswomen, president, vice president, etc. There are a lot of people who hate Trump so bad, I am assuming you are one of them, that they agree with damn near anybody who spouts anti-Trump bs....EVEN WHEN IT IS BS

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mach2

originally posted by: JustJohnny

What garbage ....

Only in rightwing world is anyone against deporting criminals...

Assuming “criminals” are defined as everything accept minor traffic tickets and the illegal entry part..

That is just more republican propaganda that is obviously meant for the unintelligent..

The actual democrat/leftwing position, is that they should sift through anyone caught here illegally, and keep the good ones and deport the bad..

The actual GOP/rightwing position, is that ALL should be deported and return to their home country and wait at the end of the line..

The conservatives don’t think they can win the debate when arguing the actual policy positions proposed, so they strawmam a fake argument no one is saying..

“The democrats want to keep all the illegal rapists and murderers!!”

That is so stupid it blows my mind it works on ANYONE....

I mean I doubt that would work on half a short bus..

You can't possibly believe what you posted, unless you have some type of denial complex.

You are aware of the existence of sanctuary cities/counties where criminals are routinely released back on to the street, only to commit more crime, rather than turning them over to ICE, right?

How do you reconcile this FACT with your statement?

If I could star that reply a 1,000 times...I would.

Exactly how does that poster reconcile the fact that some cities have a policy to release illegal immigrants back on the street from city jails instead of turning them over to ICE? If they are in a city jail in the first place, logic would seem to dictate they do indeed meet the requirements of "criminal".

Pretty sure the City didn't put them in jail because they were illegal immigrants.....there had to be other charges.
edit on R252019-07-19T21:25:34-05:00k257Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R262019-07-19T21:26:43-05:00k267Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I now wonder if he was one of the persons in the video.

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: JustJohnny

What garbage ....

I agree, it needed far more spaced lines between each sentence.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 12:22 PM
link   

I'm referencing the students hypocrisy. Not elected officials.

When someone says that something is racist because they believe it came form 'Person A's' mouth, but it isn't racist once they find out that 'Person B' said it, it's hypocritical. That's all I'm saying.

But to take a stab at what you asked... No, I can't remember any official DIRECTLY saying that they want and/or support Mexican criminals being here. I remember them defending MS13 when Trump called them animals, but thats about it off the top of my head.

However, there are a lot who support sanctuary cities and do what they can to impede ICE from doing their job.
Seeing how actions speak louder that words, and these actions literally help these criminals, I don't need to hear them say anything, to know that they are more interested in signalling virtue for potential votes, than they are in protecting citizens, the economy and national security.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Oh look, the same hurr durr durrs in the video have the same hurr durr durr opinions in this thread. Whoda guessed that would happen?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join