It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ted Cruz: Resolution to declare Antifa a Terrorist Organization

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Theosist

originally posted by: CajunMetal

originally posted by: Mach2

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: DialecticIdealist

What benefit is obtained when we label Antifa a terrorist group?

Honestly asking.

What is the benefit in doing so?

Any crimes become federal prosecutions, and asset seizure is almost automatic.

Say an antifa member gets caught, and charged with assault, his house, car, financial assets will all become property of the feds.

Say you’re in a conspiracy site posting in a thread about Antifa and a supporter under investigation posts there too. You happen to respond to their comment. When the feds come knocking at your door is that part of your benefit explanation too?

Or do you think creeping fascism a resolution like this enables will really only affect the liberals in your fantasy?

Applying the rule of law against a violent, revolutionary, anarchist group that has the overthrow of the state and dismantlement of society as its goal is not "creeping fascism"; it's a basis of civilisation.

You don't need a resolution labeling people as terrorists to apply the laws against physical violence and treason that we ALREADY HAVE.

And again, I don't see anyone clamoring to label the KKK a terrorist organization after they perpetrated bombings, lynchings, straight up murder and claimed the name of terrorist organization on TV in the 60's. Where's your outrage and dramatic sense of 'civilization' for them?

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: DBCowboy

Beating the # out of people and firebombing isn't speech.

Correct. It is already against the law.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I wonder how many bombings it will take.

Gotta break a few eggs to make an omellete, right?

It is already against the law.

Terrorism. It's called terrorism. They're breaking terrorism laws. Which makes them terrorists.

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 12:37 AM
link   
a reply to: GenerationGap

Trump sure seems to share some sentiments with the KKK and White Nationalists. Maybe it's time you Republicans kicked him out if you really don't like em. Because right now, your silence is defining the party. Put someone in the primary against Trump who has conservative fiscal policies but isn't a totalitarian racist.
edit on 23amTue, 23 Jul 2019 00:38:21 -0500kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 01:17 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Proof ANTIFA are a terrorist organization:

Terrorist
ter·ror·ist
/ˈterərəst/
noun
a person who uses unlawful violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims.

ANTIFA (Per their WIkipedia Page) en.wikipedia.org...(United_States)

The antifa (/ænˈtiːfə, ˈæntiˌfɑː/)[1] movement is comprised of left-wing autonomous, militant anti-fascist[7] groups and individuals in the United States.[11] The principal feature of antifa groups is their use of direct action,[12][13] with conflicts occurring both online and in real life.[14] They engage in varied protest tactics, which include digital activism, property damage, physical violence, and harassment against those whom they identify as fascist, racist, or on the far-right.[19]

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 06:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: KnoxMSP

originally posted by: BrianFlanders
Oh, of course. I could have told you right after 9/11 that we would eventually be manipulated into accepting the idea of stripping American citizens of their rights by labeling them as terrorists. First thing that went through my mind when I heard about people who didn't have rights because they were called terrorists.

Now obviously I am not a Muslim or even really a left winger (I'm way more conservative than most liberals nowdays). But I would urge you to really think about what you're saying when you support stuff like this. It cannot be a coincidence that the last (roughly) 20 years since 9/11 have been a constant assault on the rights of American citizens. From BOTH parties. There are no sides left who believe you have rights unless they tell you you do. Think about that carefully.

I have to agree, I have no party anymore.

I believe in fast, easy immigration, a women's right to choose, dedication to the bill of rights, oversight on corrupt corps, a non interventionist military, no lobbying, and small govt'. Where does that leave me?

Libertarian you might be, but we haven't many at high levels who aren't with us one time and against us like Romney tried to do. Less gov we have the better but we do need some logic the way you described it here.

As far as interventionist military, let's take a closer look at the meaning here. I ask theoretically when do we say we can or cant can't help in other peoples aid ?
Can we help the Yadzidi women in sex slavery, or just come in only for an EQ or Hurricane type disasters?
Another concept:
Can we help England if they feel compelled to declare war with Iran when they are our allies?
I think with great gifts such as having ability to stop tyrannical Hitler like leaders, comes great responsibility. When do we say ok World have your tyranny and when you come calling we will ignore you until_____________? (*Answer was "C & D"/ "C" Hell freezes; "D" We don't exist as a free people due to their tyranny.)

WE decide which is right and we need to get off our butts collectively and choose what is right or the wheels are going to fall off in a very bad way.
This J E thing and the Antifa thing are making us weaker. JE using blackmail to get what his puppet masters need done. Antifa pushing more totalitarian style of Gov and way less freedom of speech or right to practice your life as you see fit, while pretendingto be against both actions of Gov and denial of speech.

* /s

edit on 23-7-2019 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 12:15 PM
link   
The definition of terrorism, is using violence to change opinions and policies or to incite enough fear to change the S.O.P. Of a particular system or government authority.

ANTIFA does not use violence to sway opinion, they use violence to maim and destroy. They are not terrorists, they’re enemy combatants....

edit on 23-7-2019 by CrawlingChaos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Is the KKK designated a terror group? They were literally on TV calling themselves a terrorist organization in news broadcast at the airport when the Beatles came to the US.

No but only because they are Democrat. If someone is an Independent or a member of the R's they would be falsely labeled Nazis or even Perverts. Oh the irony.

edit on 23-7-2019 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 08:35 PM
link   
twitter.com... well not exactly calling them terorists but cruz is apparently wanting Wray to go after Antifa under Rico laws

Today I penned a letter to Attorney General William Barr, Deputy Attorney General Jeffrey Rosen, and FBI Director Christopher Wray calling for an investigation into Antifa under the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act (RICO).
so this could go interesting if he pulls it off as im not sure there is exactly a list or even exact numbers of members of antifa

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Pretty sure that violent crimes are already illegal. So this is an overkill. How would you determine a member to be a terrorist? There are many different groups unrelated to each other and it's decentralized. So where would we even begin?

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: SpaceForceAlien

Let's begin with nothing less than "all manner of dissent".

[...]
Free speech activists have expressed concerns that the Cruz-Cassidy resolution could set a precedent for more groups to be labeled domestic terrorist organizations. As National Observer reporter Caroline Orr noted, Cruz’s resolution uses the terms “antifa” and “left-wing activists” interchangeably. Most dangerously, it suggests that all manner of dissent could be considered terrorism.
[...]

Ted Cruz Wants to Label Antifa a Terrorist Group

...c(r)uz ya know, we love Free Speech so much! Also, make no distinction between Antifa's mitigation of violence and actual righwing violence. It's too complicated and we need more Nanny State legislation for the corporate fascism in the works.

KACK KAG! QUACK. QUACK.

edit on 24-7-2019 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

(post by PublicOpinion removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mach2

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: DialecticIdealist

What benefit is obtained when we label Antifa a terrorist group?

Honestly asking.

What is the benefit in doing so?

Any crimes become federal prosecutions, and asset seizure is almost automatic.

Say an antifa member gets caught, and charged with assault, his house, car, financial assets will all become property of the feds.

Say you’re in a conspiracy site posting in a thread about Antifa and a supporter under investigation posts there too. You happen to respond to their comment. When the feds come knocking at your door is that part of your benefit explanation too?

Or do you think creeping fascism a resolution like this enables will really only affect the liberals in your fantasy?

Seriously? how did my post, in any way indicate my position on the issue? I was just answering another poster's question.

You have serious judgemental, and probably other issues, if you see bogey men where there are none.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join