It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ted Cruz: Resolution to declare Antifa a Terrorist Organization

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: Trueman

Probably nothing.

We still have a first amendment.

I think he meant like in the social aspect.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: projectvxn

While I would agree that Antifa has as much value as snail slime and they are populated by worthless human beings who are using up all the good oxygen and that they are vile, communist assholes.. . . . . . .

This is a step too far.

Punish them for being violent.

If they come after you, shoot them in the head with a very large caliber pistol.

But once we start labeling opposing leftist groups as terrorists, then we’re no better than the leftists who want to label veterans as terrorists.

Antifa is a communist, militant arm of the democrat party.

If we label them as a terrorist group we’d have to do the same for democrats because there’s really no difference.

So I’ll have to disagree here.

Thank you Sir for saying what I was thinking. I am in 100% agreement.

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Anyone who links or says something Ted Cruz says is a total moron.

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I think the difference in this instance is the organization itself. Lone wolfs are also designated terrorists, a la Timothy McVeigh. However some are not, and discussion of whether they should be is prudent. In this instance we’re discussing a global organization with repeatedly demonstrated tendencies towards violence with the goal of silencing their perceived opposition. I do agree that throwing the designation around willy nilly is dangerous, but for this group I believe after multiple years of political violence and attempted suppression of speech, they deserve to be called out as such. That, or open a RICO case and charge all of the organizations members with the crimes of any member. Either tactic works, but something definitely needs to be done.

Also, your encouragement to respond in violence is also part of the problem. Guns are for defending life. If anti-fa beats you with fists (most commonly used weapons) during a protest and you shoot one of them, you won’t win that case in court.

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: DialecticIdealist

What benefit is obtained when we label Antifa a terrorist group?

Honestly asking.

What is the benefit in doing so?

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 10:59 AM
link   
pointless

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColoradoJens

Anyone who links or says something Ted Cruz says is a total moron.

Is this what passes for a point in your world?

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Honestly asking.

Any crimes become federal prosecutions, and asset seizure is almost automatic.

Say an antifa member gets caught, and charged with assault, his house, car, financial assets will all become property of the feds.

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
The bill seems to lump antifa, protesters affiliated with antifa, and left wing activists all together.

www.newsweek.com...

I imagine that if it was white supremists and separatists, protesters affiliated with them, and right wing activists you all would be screaming at the top of your lungs..

If white supremacists, separatists, and protesters affiliated with them were all rounded up the Democrats would lose far more votes than Republicans.

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Antifa would be fine if they were just peaceful protestors. They are not. They go to the protests already armed and wearing gas masks. They straight up plan to hurt people. Anyone who defends that is scum.

(I also think the KKK and neo-nazis should be treated the same way. Violence is stupid.)

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Is the KKK designated a terror group? They were literally on TV calling themselves a terrorist organization in a news broadcast at the airport when the Beatles came to the US.

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mach2

Honestly asking.

Say an antifa member gets caught, and charged with assault, his house, car, financial assets will all become property of the feds.

Say you’re in a conspiracy site posting in a thread about Antifa and a supporter under investigation posts there too. You happen to respond to their comment. When the feds come knocking at your door is that part of your benefit explanation too?

Or do you think creeping fascism a resolution like this enables will really only affect the liberals in your fantasy?
edit on 21-7-2019 by CajunMetal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Free speech is one thing. Physical violence against people because they don't agree with your particular "free speech", is another.

A line has to be drawn in the case of groups like ANTIFA because they take their free speech for granted and use violence to silence those who fall anywhere to the right of their ideologies.

ANTIFA routinely abuses it's right to free speech and right to assemble by taking those rights way beyond their limitations.

In cases like this, a line has to be drawn.

What the US (and in fact the entire Western World), need to do is go a step further and reestablish McCarthyism to deal with the growing Communism in our governments, Universities, Hollywood and media.

The leaders and influencers of groups like ANTIFA need to be dealt with in a fashion similar to actions taken during the communist purge that persisted throughout the 1930's - 1950's.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Sorry, I disagree.

If they are simply protesting, yelling stuff, holding signs, then yeah, leave them be.

The moment they put on masks to hide their identity, and inflict physical harm on others exercising THEIR right to protest, they crossed the line.

They need to be labeled exactly what they are.

And that goes for BOTH sides of the political coin.
edit on 22-7-2019 by poncho1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 06:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: CajunMetal

originally posted by: Mach2

Honestly asking.

Say you’re in a conspiracy site posting in a thread about Antifa and a supporter under investigation posts there too. You happen to respond to their comment. When the feds come knocking at your door is that part of your benefit explanation too?

Or do you think creeping fascism a resolution like this enables will really only affect the liberals in your fantasy?

Applying the rule of law against a violent, revolutionary, anarchist group that has the overthrow of the state and dismantlement of society as its goal is not "creeping fascism"; it's a basis of civilisation.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: KawRider9
a reply to: dfnj2015

Free speech is free speech. You can't be serious when you think violent acts are justified to combat words you don't agree with.

That's not how any of this works!

Amen. a thousand stars for your post KR9.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 06:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Necrobile

But what do we call those who bomb an abortion clinic?

I dunno, that sounds like terrorism to me, so I'd call them terrorists as well. The world will be full of ideals that not everyone will agree with and if your answer to those ideals is to blow it up, well, if the shoe fits.

Then we'd have to label every group that has ever been violent as a terrorist.

OK now that might be stretching it with me since they beat people.That they beat people is a clue they terrorize people. Screaming in someones face threateningly seems to be assault by many Legal rulings and certainly beating them up is.

If it was a bar brawl situation where stupid got into it, instead of out in the street rounding people up to beat people they meet on the street? So, anyone doing that is terrorizing society and I think HELL NO!
One Question to ask ourselves:
Would you approve, (you would not) if they had to beat hell of you before LEO's can help and then went to the next person and did the same? Should they get to repeat this game as a group and NOT be called terrorist now?

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 06:59 AM
link   

They are not even an organization. Never mind a terrorist organization.

Two idiots get together in hate doesnt make a terrorist organization otherwise this web site would be considered a terrorists organization.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

They are not even an organization. Never mind a terrorist organization.

Two idiots get together in hate doesnt make a terrorist organization otherwise this web site would be considered a terrorists organization.

The above post is a perfect example of why I have issues with this.

Because there are those on the left who equate speech with actual physical violence.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Beating the # out of people and firebombing isn't speech.
edit on 22 7 19 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join