It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ted Cruz: Resolution to declare Antifa a Terrorist Organization

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Too bad you suck at both and come off as a lolcow.

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad

If stars and flags is what you hang your hat on each day, then more power to you. I’m headed to the golf course so say dumb # all you want. I won’t lose any sleep tonight over it.

But you will think of our exchange on ATS the rest of the day. Carry on....

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Mach2

And yes, there's a fine line there, I would have a hard time though, distinguishing Antifa from the democrat party.

Do we label all members of the DNC as terrorists?

(With that thought, I may change my mind!)

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 09:37 AM
link   

This week on things a lolcow says.

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 09:40 AM
link   

I know my methods are unconventional...but very effective.

nope

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

I'm devistated you don't like me!!

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Dude. I love milk.

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff

Is there a line or do you support literally all free speech/expression?

There ultimately is a line.

When speech stops being speech and becomes actions.

We have members of congress hoping that Trump dies.

Free speech.

We have masked Antifa being fascist douches.

Free expression.

Terrorism by any standard is to promote political change through violence.

So it's a very fine line between free expression and actions that are violent.

Right now we have politicians and a part of the population who think words are violent and want them banned.
They find inanimate objects racist and want those banned.
They are the book burners in our society.

To be honest with you, I'm uncomfortable at drawing the line and defining Antifa as a terrorist group.

I understand what your saying, it’s a slippery slope.
I agree with you in principle but for me Antifa have jumped down that slope headfirst and are riding it like a water slide while screaming “YEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAW”
Their words promote/encourage violence and it’s manifesting in actions that are escalating in severity

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: Lysergic

I'm devistated you don't like me!!

was that a hillary quote from nov 16?

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 09:48 AM
link   

edit on 19-7-2019 by Middleoftheroad because: Derailing the thread, sorry OP

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Personal opinion piece . . .

Freedom of speech is a fine line to walk. You can think anything you want without legal consequences, at least for now. You can express your thoughts up to a point, ie. you can believe that violence is the answer but you can't endorse violence and offer suggestions on how it should be used without legal risks involved.

Individual rights end at the point it infringes on the rights of others. You can have your opinions but you can't always express them without legal backlash, especially when harmful or violent actions or reactions are involved. Even if you restrict your violent thoughts to private records like a personal log or diary, you still run the risk of having that used as evidence if you are accused of terrorism. Laws effecting free speech become problematic when they are used to persecute people that haven't crossed the line yet. However, if you are to have freedom of thought, you must be exposed to all ideas (good or bad) to be able to think about them and come to your own conclusion, it is how you react and what actions you take that could cross the line into terrorism.

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

This is not equivalent. They aren't just some political bloc.

We aren't book burners because we want to protect ourselves from being bashed in the head, firebombed, or having quick drying cement or acid thrown in our faces for expressing opinions.

You need to reevaluate what constitutes free expression if you think actual violent acts conform to this standard.

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
And all those MSM pukes , that spew their hate garbage need to be shut down and replaced with patriots and make America great again.

We need a Minister of Information and only allow the patriotic message to move America forward.

Your sarcasm is wasted. Conservatives dont think like that. We are for freedom. How can you people not understand this?

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Ilhan Omar's resolution to boycott/sanction Israel is up for a vote today too.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: KnoxMSP

They do understand that.
But they want to fight free-thought with policing our opinions, feelings, and natures. If that does work then it's the bike lock, firebomb, or cement filled milkshakes.

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: KnoxMSP

They do understand that.
But they want to fight free-thought with policing our opinions, feelings, and natures. If that does work then it's the bike lock, firebomb, or cement filled milkshakes.

I just dont get it. I was a Democrat my whole life, till now. I dont consider myself a Republican either, but there is no way I can vote for anyone on the left anymore. I have been vilified because of my skin color, even though I grew up in poverty, with less opportunity than most people. How do they not see the media scaring them into frenzy, and dividing us?

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Is it true these masked pussies don't show up at Bikers for Trump rallies?

I understand where DB is coming from but yeah these imbeciles are crossing the line regularly. I'm also one that thinks a crime is a crime and "hate crime" is a slippery slope. Is Antifa a terrorist organization? Seems so but like "hate crime" I don't think such designations can or will be used fairly across the board. That damn slippery slope again.

As much freedom as possible is where I stand, but I do think masks in public are not only cowardly but probably should be deemed illegal at this point. If you've got something to say in the public square, own it without a face-covering.

I will say this: The common citizen is showing great restraint and I hope they continue to do so. The globalists would love nothing better than serious civil clashes. Hold your own but otherwise hold tight y'all.

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

That's the thing.

When it isn't clear cut, when the line is blurred, I will always side for more freedom, not less.

Ultimately, I may be proven wrong, lord knows that happens all the time, but my "default" mode, my knee-jerk reaction will always side for more freedom rather than less.

In my opinion. And I will own it, right or wrong.

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Seeing's though none of the Fraud Squad would condemn their actions (unless forced), it's going to hurt the left even more once antifa is deemed a domestic terror organization.

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 11:26 AM
link   

a reply to: projectvxn

While I would agree that Antifa has as much value as snail slime and they are populated by worthless human beings who are using up all the good oxygen and that they are vile, communist assholes.. . . . . . .

This is a step too far.

Punish them for being violent.

If they come after you, shoot them in the head with a very large caliber pistol.

But once we start labeling opposing leftist groups as terrorists, then we’re no better than the leftists who want to label veterans as terrorists.

Antifa is a communist, militant arm of the democrat party.

If we label them as a terrorist group we’d have to do the same for democrats because there’s really no difference.

So I’ll have to disagree here.

It's not going against the grain to label them as a terror organization. A terrorist is someone or some group who unlawfully uses violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims.

It fits them to a tee and doesn't set a new precedent. In my opinion, this won't be a slippery slope. These people aren't just busting heads with padlocks and holding traffic up, they're firebombing buildings.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join