It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ted Cruz: Resolution to declare Antifa a Terrorist Organization

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

I have seen you post that antifa drivel before, they are fascist they attack people that have different view point then themselves, they attacked andy ngo for covering their demonstation in portland, they attacked the ice facility,one of thier members anyway but the group condoned the attack, they attacked john blum and adam kelly in portland, because they held different views and got too vocal. I do not remember who said it but a great quote "fascist of the future will call themselves anti fascist" outlaw them, if they commit violent crimes combat them in a stand your ground state.

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

"I thought".

Yeah I seriously doubt it.

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

When engaging in terrorist activity, what should we call it?

The first amendment covers PEACEABLE assembly and expression.

This garbage isn't covered.

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 08:55 AM
link   
And all those MSM pukes , that spew their hate garbage need to be shut down and replaced with patriots and make America great again.

We need a Minister of Information and only allow the patriotic message to move America forward.
edit on 19-7-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

Denounce them, criticize them.

If they use violence, arrest them.

But I see this as an infringement of their right to free expression.

I would have no issue if someone shot them if they attacked. None at all.

I’m not sure I understand,
Do you believe there is a limit to how far free expression can go?
Should a Muslim American be allowed to preach in his mosque everyday encouraging his followers to commit suicide bombings?
Is there a line or do you support literally all free speech/expression?

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Sorry, but "free expression" doesn't mean you have the right to take total control of city streets, then harass and threaten drivers, who are just trying to go about their daily business. These drivers, some who are old, are often caught up in a volatile situation, with NO law enforcement around. You know who needs to be arrested? The mayor. Don't hold your breath waiting for that to happen.

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Then we'd have to label every group that has ever been violent as a terrorist.

Only if you're the kind of person that generalizes with broad strokes. Sometimes some groups just have unstable people in them that commit sole acts, such as the guy that smacked the camera out of the hand of the female journalist at a women's rights walk(forget details, sorry, but I bet you know the example). I wouldn't classify feminists as terrorists, even though a few of them protected that guy after the assault.

Now, if a group becomes more and more violent as time goes on, gets praised for their violence, and seem to have no intention of stopping it because they feel they are "justified" in their actions, then I would say the label fits.

C'mon, dude, you know not everything is black and white, there's an entire gray scale to be looked at. I know you're sick of all the labels being thrown around, trust me, I am as well, but just because labels get thrown all around doesn't mean they don't fit certain groups. It's just like the race card, just because it's tossed around left and right nowadays doesn't mean there still aren't legit examples of it still existing.

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff

Is there a line or do you support literally all free speech/expression?

There ultimately is a line.

When speech stops being speech and becomes actions.

We have members of congress hoping that Trump dies.

Free speech.

We have masked Antifa being fascist douches.

Free expression.

Terrorism by any standard is to promote political change through violence.

So it's a very fine line between free expression and actions that are violent.

Right now we have politicians and a part of the population who think words are violent and want them banned.
They find inanimate objects racist and want those banned.
They are the book burners in our society.

To be honest with you, I'm uncomfortable at drawing the line and defining Antifa as a terrorist group.

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 09:02 AM
link   
To be fair to the op, Antifa, KKK, Proud Boys, Black Panthers, etc. all fit the definition for domestic terrorists.

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Necrobile

I'm almost afraid that this is what the leftists would want.

If we "ban" them or "label" them as a terrorist group then we are (in a sense) raising their status.

Personally, if we just had people who defended themselves with firearms and blew a few of these punks away when they started getting violent, then 99% of them would probably change their soiled skinny jeans and run home to momma.

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
And all those MSM pukes , that spew their hate garbage need to be shut down and replaced with patriots and make America great again.

We need a Minister of Information and only allow the patriotic message to move America forward.

Do you ever have anything intelligent to say?

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad

Just exercising my free speech. Do you think I should be censored? Or fall in line with the trump cheerleader squad that ATS has become.

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 09:15 AM
link   

To be fair to the op, Antifa, KKK, Proud Boys, Black Panthers, etc. all fit the definition for domestic terrorists.

Yep.

Anyone who uses violence to intimidate people into political compliance is a terrorist.

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Just exercising my free speech. Do you think I should be censored?

No no no. Please keep posting. People need to see what inanity looks like.

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I guess you don’t have anything intelligent to say, carry on.

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 09:20 AM
link   

I guess you don’t have anything intelligent to say, carry on.

But you thought about my post enough to insult me. That's what I wanted to accomplish.

I gave up the star and flag popularity contest long ago in favor of perhaps inspiring thought. You thought about my post....

I know my methods are unconventional...but very effective.

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 09:24 AM
link   

I encourage you to look up the definition of "terrorist", and yell me how it doesn't apply.

Having said that, the only real differences in having the designation is prosecutorial jurisdiction, and length of punishment for those convicted of violent acts.

It is similar to the "hate crime" designation, in that respect.

It would not allow prosecution for simply being a member of the organization. If it does, then I agree, that is a slippery slope I do not care to head down.

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 09:26 AM
link   

That's some anti American fascist chit there.

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 09:27 AM
link   

If stars and flags is what you hang your hat on each day, then more power to you. I’m headed to the golf course so say dumb # all you want. I won’t lose any sleep tonight over it.

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Mach2

I have a problem with "hate crime" designations.

Are they the opposite of "love crimes"?

A crime is a crime.

Terrorist acts are political.

And yes, there's a fine line there, I would have a hard time though, distinguishing Antifa from the democrat party.

Do we label all members of the DNC as terrorists?

(With that thought, I may change my mind!)

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join