It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congress has a Taxpayer Hush Money Fund

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Yet the left has tunnel vision focusing on what President Trump allegedly payed for with his own money, not taxpayers money, before he was President.

All the while current Congress members have payed off sexual abuse accusers with tax money...think about that a minute.

Then think about why the "the Congressional Accountability Act of 1995 to prohibit the use of public funds to pay awards and settlements in connection with claims under such Act which arise from sexual harassment, and for other purposes." Hasn't been enforced and the names kept hidden from those who payed for it...

Why?

Why do current politicians get to misappropriate taxpayers money, get away with it and blame some one else for doing what they did, but with one's own money?

How is it not being discussed?

I'll tell you why.

Because most people on Twitter and or Facebook who would share the truth, have been silenced.

Banned from both Facebook and Twitter, for sharing credible sources of the truth. Like www.congress.gov... %22%5D%7D to counter the lefts persistent and regurgitated distraction from the fact they are more guilty than those they accuse.

I'm lost as to how society as a whole, has strayed so far.

Veritas Contra Mundum

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 07:08 AM
link   
It’s only going to get worse, my friend. Better buckle up and prepare for the ride.

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Politicians look after politicians. They don't live like the people they govern. They have their own rules.

Congress is a place for lazy smart people to make a career. They do nothing except act like they do a lot. I'd like to find one congressman (person) who actually has the best interest of the country in mind everyday they go to work - if they would go to work every day that is.

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Rule makers will always apply the rule of law differently for themselves. Charlie Rangel was convicted of 11 or so ethics violations. Nothing was done. They did ban him from serving on any committees but that was it. Any other job, he would have been fired.

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: ADVISOR

Are you talking about this?

www.politico.com...

Rep. Blake Farenthold used taxpayer money to settle a sexual harassment claim brought by his former spokesman — the only known sitting member of Congress to have used a little-known congressional account to pay an accuser, people familiar with the matter told POLITICO.

Lauren Greene, the Texas Republican’s former communications director, sued her boss in December 2014 over allegations of gender discrimination, sexual harassment and creating a hostile work environment.

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Sources famiar = garbage

Audit the account. Release the findings.

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 09:33 AM
link   

I'm lost as to how society as a whole, has strayed so far.

Because society as a whole has interpreted "free will" as "self will" with little to no regard for others, much less truth.

If those names were released -- I don't care who it is, left or right or upside down -- someone will blame the woman first, then blame feminists as a whole, and then cry about how a man can't even smile at a woman without being accused of sexual harassment. Because that's the problem.

The icing on the cake is the wholesale support for government secrecy and making the truth criminal. Somehow, unsourced rumors and innuendo and accusations are preferable to truth and transparency, because truth somehow jeopardizes a fair trial but secrecy and anonymous gossip is okay. Screw evidence in a court of law because the court of public opinion is so much more fun. This isn't to say that the court of public opinion is not and cannot be a valuable resource, but the court of public opinion works best when based on facts and truth. Just like any court where justice and fairness is the goal. But that's not what we have any more.

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 10:42 AM
link   

All the while current Congress members have payed off sexual abuse accusers with tax money

Old news around here.

My question is why isn't trump, someone we know hasn't used the fund, going after those that have.
Trump never brings it up at his rallies. Why is that?

My guess it's because a bunch of his supporters in congress have used it and he knows this.

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

Are you talking about this?

www.politico.com...

Rep. Blake Farenthold used taxpayer money to settle a sexual harassment claim brought by his former spokesman — the only known sitting member of Congress to have used a little-known congressional account to pay an accuser, people familiar with the matter told POLITICO.

Lauren Greene, the Texas Republican’s former communications director, sued her boss in December 2014 over allegations of gender discrimination, sexual harassment and creating a hostile work environment.

Politico is lying. We know that dozens of member of Congress have used this fund. We just don't know their names.
Politico is trying to make it seem like this one guy is the only person who ever did this.

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Politico is lying how exactly? They are only covering this one case not all uses.

We know that Farenthold used this fund. But since Congress are a bunch of DB's they won't release all the names of the people that have used the fund.

We also know that Conyers had a case against him. But he used his office budget to settle and not the fund.

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 11:29 AM
link   
If you like your big government you can keep your big government 😆🚬

top topics

join