It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What age did you feel old?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 01:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

I don't feel old, I've always felt young.

But amazingly i spent all my young years wishing i could get to driving age but now i spend all my time wishing i was young..... Not becauseI feel old but because I'd like to make a few changes and nail those childhood dreams that slipped between the fingers.

So I've never felt old just deprived by younger self.

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 01:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: CthruU

Funnily enough, last time I felt old she pushed me away last night...

Taxi!?
edit on 19-7-2019 by Lagomorphe because: Crap

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 02:27 AM
link   
May you stay forever young

edit on 19-7-2019 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Feeling old comes on in small increments for me. I had the midlife crisis in my mid forty’s with the red convertible and fast, dangerous living. In my fifties there was snow on the roof but a fire in the basement. I’m in my sixtes now, I try to remember to take my medicine on time, and hope I don’t screw up retirement. Spiritually comes to mind a bit more often as my body creaks louder and my adventures are a lot more tame.

The real kick in the ass was somewhere in my late 50’s I seem to stop turning women’s heads and became “comfortable.” A friend of mine posted an old picture on fb last week and I thought, who’s the good looking kid, with the world by the tail? It was me back in the summer of 2001 just before 9/11. I was a bright eyed kid then with black hair shining in the sun, standing on top of the ruins of a pyramid in the jungle.

I wonder if I have one more adventure in me? Well I’m going to find out.

edit on 19-7-2019 by Nickn3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Sorry Double post.
edit on 19-7-2019 by Nickn3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 05:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Happy birthday Bluetone!
Were both a year older today.

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Thank you, everyone, for the birthday wishes or for posting.

I guess because I'm up at the mine site this week, away from my family on my birthday, got me thinking last night.

I've spent other birthdays alone at work, but for some reason, it sort of bothered me last night.

I laid in bed last night thinking, wow I am blessed with a pretty damn good life.
My wife doesn't mind that I love to play video games.
My kids are great. My wife is beautiful.
I have a pretty good career flying drones daily. Making excellent money.
Anything my wife or I ever want, we can buy.
We have a big house, 3 vehicles, live in a good neighborhood.
I have a long list of both personal and professional achievements.

I still get carded when I buy a pack of smokes!
There are a few stray greys on my head, but I don't even mind them anymore.
Most of all I feel loved, and that makes me happy.

Again, thank you to everyone who chimed in!
I hope you all have a great day

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 06:20 AM
link   

I can tell you the exact date. January 28th, 2016. My 29th birthday. I looked myself in the mirror when I woke up and said, “F it. I’m 30.”

It’s all kinda gone downhill from there.

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Think around the time i turned 30 and many years of hard physical labor , kinda lowered the speed on my lifestyle because after a week of work i need like the weekend to recover.

Also a lot of less mental energy for social activities , used to be in the pub every weekend.

Haven't been there in years , can't stand huge crowds anymore.

edit on 19-7-2019 by TheGreazel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I started feeling it around 40 I hit a brick wall now 43 everything hurts every where I bend hurts and it's miserable. Oh well I guess this is life.

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 07:11 AM
link   
That’s why I choose quieter Pubs these days

a reply to: TheGreazel

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: apydomis

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
a reply to: SaturnFX

Oh yes. I live a very healthy and active lifestyle. I'm a part time personal trainer, in tip-top shape and my eating habits would scare the crap out of DB.

And outside of lotion, I don't put any products on my skin. I think I may be blessed in the genetics department.

Even the ego grows old

The ego never dies.

To be fair, I was asked a question.

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: CthruU

But amazingly i spent all my young years wishing i could get to driving age but now i spend all my time wishing i was young..... Not becauseI feel old but because I'd like to make a few changes and nail those childhood dreams that slipped between the fingers.

So I've never felt old just deprived by younger self.

I am right there with you. Couldn't have said it better!
Unfortunately I haven't learned my lesson, lol.
So many ideas and projects in various stages of completion!
So much I could be doing right this second (and yet I type...)
The minute we stop growing/dreaming, we start dying out.
Wake up, look up, what's ahead, you sleepy-heads?!

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 10:59 AM
link   
37 in a week and I feel younger than ever! Yeeeaaahh baby.

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 12:15 PM
link   

OMFG YOU'RE ALMOST 40 !!!! YOU OLD, SON!!

I'm almost 50. And in the past 4 years I've aged 60 years.

ugh...

First time I felt old was when I was 5. I saw my cousins, friends, and saw they were just... slow.. so it seemed. I felt old compared to them, had to explain everything. Not that it mattered, they were slow.. may as well lead a horse to water, et al.

The next time, was my first job... mouth breathers everywhere. An entire history between the lot of them, yet not a single unique thought. As if someone had planted mundane trees, that for a century could witness the world, but never could comprehend it.

and the last time was after 3 months of using hbwr seeds for an intense amount of hell.. sought compassion, got kicked the fk out of the club.. o.O

that's when I worked out I was wrong about everything... Everyone else was right. I was in fact, a simple retard.

oh well.

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: and14263
37 in a week and I feel younger than ever! Yeeeaaahh baby.

I have the body of a 16 year old.

SHe's in the freezer out the back, but who's counting...

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 12:29 PM
link   
To your point: about age 10 I started feeling older than my unintelligent siblings 9 to 19 years my senior.

I never had kids, too much pain in my upbringing. This was a conscious decision arrived at during early puberty.
No kids is an important factor after 60 something years - none of those concerns about the future, how I'll be remembered, what I'll leave behind, etc.

So my choice was to follow the Path and live life without a trace as much as possible. Think the Rice Paper opening credits for Kung Fu "when you can walk its length and leave no trace you will have learned." about one minute into the video

ganjoa

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Probably early 20s for me.

Then again, I have worse bones than most elderly folk

I am an ancient being anyway though, so itll be alright. Ill have the last laugh

I mean.. literally. My last act will be laughing, or if I have the wherewithal, I will eloquently state:

"Moar Cowbell"

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Serdgiam
Probably early 20s for me.

Then again, I have worse bones than most elderly folk

I am an ancient being anyway though, so itll be alright. Ill have the last laugh

I mean.. literally. My last act will be laughing, or if I have the wherewithal, I will eloquently state:

"Moar Cowbell"

I get the impression that most people, at that doorway, will simply say..

"Huh... so I was wrong."

and pass into that region we all dread, left only in memory by those who remember us. And in time, even that last memory will also join us... thus then we will truly be gone forever.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I was twenty. I went through a phase where I cringed at the memory of being out on my twentieth birthday at the bar, went into the bathroom with some friends, and was looking at myself in the mirror... I can't believe I'm two decades, I feel so old! Now, I just laugh. I've seen other girls do it since, as well.

Now I'm nearing half a century and I'm all like, eff you, fifty's not old! My granddad lived to twice that age!
edit on 20-7-2019 by Annagramma because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join