It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I Hate You and You Are A Stupid Racist

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Trump says "go back to where they came from."

The left froth at the mouth screaming Racist.

Harris says about Trump "He needs to go back to where he came from."

The left screams "thats different."

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 10:42 PM
link   
The Dems are attempting to flip reality on its head. None of what Trump and his supporters have done recently is racist. But lots of people have been brainwashed to believe it is. Political correctness is rotting their brains, and consequently, the political discourse.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

You are assuming these four women hate this country because they criticize Trump. That is not the case. They have the right to criticize Trump's policies. You are assuming that the only people who like this nation are those that think like you. No, there are plenty of people out there who want to improve this nation and maybe their views are different than yours, but that does not mean they hate this country.

You have to understand, there are plenty of Americans out there with a different vision of this nation than you, and that is perfectly fine. They have a right to promote their agenda. Your view of this nation is not the end-all of what this nation is. In all reality, the nation represents EVERYONE who lives here. So trying to pretend as if 50% of the population doesn't like their country because they don't agree with your views of how it should be run is ridiculous.

In a few decades, you will be in the minority, and people could always tell you if you don't like it here, just leave. Trump certainly seems to hate it here, he complains all the time. Should he leave? Of course not! Our nation isn't based on telling people who disagree with us to leave, it is based on Democracy, and free speech allows people to criticize the government and work to make it better.

Asking people to leave is basically just a cop-out to keep from having to listen to their opinions and realizing that in reality, America includes around half of its population as Democrats, and that they count as Americans, too - it is delusional to believe that the only real Americans are ones that think like you do.

What's the end-game, exactly? Are you planning on forcing your views on the other half of the population, claiming that your views are the only "real" American ideals? How is this going to go over well? The reality is, we live in a Democracy, and if Democrats have the votes, you are either going to have to live with the fact that the nation is changing, or you are going to have to implement Orwellian tactics to try and keep half the population in check, which seems like a daunting task.

My personal recommendation would be to understand that our nation is one of diverse viewpoints and to learn how to compromise and work together to co-exist. Letting gays marry doesn't harm conservatives at all, yet it allows gays to have the same freedoms as everyone else. I prefer policies that embrace freedom like this. I don't think it is expressing freedom to have the "freedom" to take away other's rights. If you want to be a Christian, you can belong to a church and follow their rules. Just don't force your views onto non-Christians. I feel the same way about Islam.

Yes, liberals could also learn to do the same thing. Right now, we are in a polarized nation, so there is little constructive discourse between sides.

edit on 18pmThu, 18 Jul 2019 22:57:05 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake
a reply to: DBCowboy

You are saying that calling anyone who is not a Republican anti-American is just a saying? As in you don't actually believe they have less of a right to have their voice heard?

Dude, I'm not a republican! Get the partisan blinders off!

There is a difference between free speech and implementing harmful policies based on this kind of ideology. When you have a President saying that people who don't support him are anti-American (patently false, seeing as around half the nation ARE Americans and don't support him) the ideology is dangerous and could lead to policies that go against the First Amendment.

I'd say that that anyone who doesn't adhere to the Constitution and Bill of Rights is anti-American.

I guess I have to say it depends on exactly what he tries to do. But promoting the idea that people who don't agree with him don't deserve a voice in politics could lead to certain Orwellian tactics.

Huh?

Yes, Trump has the freedom to say whatever he wants. But other people have the freedom to criticize him for it. And the moment he takes actions against people because they disagree with his views, that is not covered by free speech anymore, but is, in fact, actively working against the First Amendment.

Proof or you are a liar. Prove it.

I'm criticizing Trump's "anyone who isn't like me is anti-American" rhetoric as anti-American. He has the right to say it. He does not have the right to initiate policies that are in line with this sentiment. It is prudent to call him out prior to that, however, to prevent that sort of thing from happening.

What policies has he put into place?

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I don’t want to say the word hypocrisy, but ever notice the ones screaming “racist” (a prejudice based on skin color) the loudest are the same ones saying “orange man bad”?

Kinda kills any chance of rational argument. Which doesn’t automatically make their position incorrect. Just very hard to honestly justify it.

Shrug.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

Oh please, plenty of times anti-American rhetoric has been used on the left too. All the pompous pronouncements on what are and are not American values as if they own those just like they attempt to lay claim to some moral high ground.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Growing up, I had black people in very influential parts in my life. ...I was going to go into it, but suffice it to say, one in particular had a profoundly positive impact on my life. All of them were positive, really. As a result, I essentially grew up "color blind." Only to find later, that that apparently makes one a "racist."

Now, this was before all this current derpiness, but it took a while to come to terms with this. In hindsight, this man essentially trained me with philosophies from people like MLK. I hold those teachings deeply, deeply close to my heart for a multitude of reasons.

So, from a young age, the idea that anyone, anyone would get preferential treatment due to their skin color was unconscionable. It was, in fact, racist. I still believe that to be the case. And, I feel exactly the same way about any situation where someone gets similar preferential treatment. Its deeply enough engrained that I would struggle to change it, even if I wanted to change it.

I think that is how we change that.

I would agree that all of this is the same "tired old box." In fact, outside of typical tribalism, I believe this has been used intentionally since the beginnings of feudalism. Im not really sure our Cultural Story has advanced much since then, even though our tools most certainly have. That doesnt mean I think events like the founding of the US were "more of the same," because I dont. But, it seems anything like that is slowly usurped by an ages old Cultural Story, and the people who benefit from it and hold it dear.

That said, I think the biggest difference today is the nature of our tools. As humans, we really struggle with things like scale and ignoring things we strongly disagree with especially when its vapid, and pointless to engage. That combo right there is an absolute wrecking ball in the modern world.

We are so very busy spending our time on derpingtons. Should probably just pat them on the head and say "thats nice dear, but we are busy being productive here." Its hard though...
edit on 18-7-2019 by Serdgiam because: We can all be derpingtons, but only the elite make it a way of life

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Is what Trump said racist? It certainly was not nice; but was it racist?

originally posted by: darkbake
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Racism definition:

prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.

In order to infer that Trump thinks his own race is superior based on his comments this week end:

So interesting to see ‘Progressive’ Democrat Congresswomen, who originally came from countries whose governments are a complete and total catastrophe, the worst, most corrupt and inept anywhere in the world. now loudly and viciously telling the people of the United States, the greatest and most powerful Nation on earth, how our government is to be run.

Why don’t they go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came. Then come back and show us how it is done.

one would have to believe one of a few things first.

1) That Trump would not have said the same thing to a liberal white politician that was constantly attacking him. Say for example if Bill DeBlasio was part of this congregational gang that Nancy Pelosi was trying to distance herself from days earlier. We are to believe that Trump would not have included DeBlasio in his comments because he is a white man? That is hard for me to believe; Trump has a long history of attacking white people that disagree or criticize him. These women might be of minority backgrounds but that is not the most likely reason he attacked them this weekend; it's more likely they where attacked as a means to make Pelosi defend them and mess up her strategy from days earlier. In a way had Trump not attacked these women because he was afraid it may make him look like a racist would itself be a racist action; treating them different than he normally would because of their race.

2) That perhaps the racism comes in the fact that he was attacking certain countries by labeling them catastrophes and corrupt. But that doesn't make much sense because countries aren't races. Most countries are made up of a diverse set of people not just one race. In fact it could be considered a form of racism to believe all people from a country are all one race when they are not. My wife for example is Ecuadorian yet is as white as the driven snow; her whiteness doesn't make her any less of an Ecuadorian. And on the many trips I have taken to Ecuador not one has gone by where at least one person tried to tell me "You're not American" because I'm not as white as they think an American should look. Equating a race to a country is fraught with problems.

3) That perhaps Trump was saying these individuals where not fit to be political leaders because of their race? But his quote clearly is inviting them to come back to the US and " show us how it is done" once they have proven their ideas work. So clearly he is questioning their ability to lead rather than their right to lead.

4) That saying "leave if you don't like it here" is inherently racist. This is the most subjective of the ways to prove racism. It might be, but it could just as easily not be.
edit on 18-7-2019 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 11:11 PM
link   

I'm criticizing Trump's rhetoric and the potential for him to put harmful policies in place.

"With all of the Fake News coming out of NBC and the Networks, at what point is it appropriate to challenge their License? Bad for country!" Mr Trump wrote in a tweet.

Mr Trump's tweet came in response to a story written by NBC, which said that Mr Trump had sought to increase America's nuclear arsenal tenfold after taking a look at a briefing slide that showed steady reduction of the US nuclear arsenal since the 1960s. The story cited three officials who were reportedly in the room when Mr Trump made the comments.

Don ald Trump threatens to shut down NBC and other TV news networks that criticise him

Unfortunately, most of the "Fake News" comes from conservative news media like Fox News or Breitbart, or others. Right now, we are operating under the assumption that it is fine to continue this, due to free speech. Trump likes to claim that news stories that he doesn't like are "fake" while he actively goes out of his way to promote legitimate fake news, like Obama's "fake" birth certificate, or Omar marrying her brother.

I will have to do more research on this particular topic to get back to you on it. I'm not trying to avoid having the conversation. It is an interesting question. I am also in favor of the constitution, so we have some common ground. I am working on reading it again at the moment, I have a copy at home.

edit on 18pmThu, 18 Jul 2019 23:12:49 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 11:15 PM
link   

I would strongly suggest brushing up on it.

It's such an important document that I even took an oath to preserve and defend it.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Unfortunately, most of the "Fake News" comes from conservative news media like Fox News or Breitbart, or others. Right now, we are operating under the assumption that it is fine to continue this, due to free speech.

CNN? Any other CORPORATE run media? Dropped your Nancy panties on that one and blaming free speech?

Sig Heil my furor!

Bet you would be pissed if someone criminalized what you spoke aye? But your cool if it is done to those YOU disagree with? Say hello to your ANTIFA pals! FACIST!
edit on 18-7-2019 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 11:33 PM
link   

So why don't the dems just say, "I hate you and you are a stupid racist and we want to rule over you".?

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 11:50 PM
link   

First of all he said "if you hate america so much you should go back to the crime ridden cesspools you came from" not just go back where you came from. So you are already being dishonest about your representation of what he said...

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Wait so you were there calling out the investigation of trump as that was all about looking for a crime with no cause to believe there was one...which eventually morphed into trying to find anything to pin on him at all with no proof or reason other than trump bad.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Well if we do things the Democrat way we have to investigate her for 2 years to look for a crime to send her home over

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Go back home to your country, we don't want you here.

Nah, not racist not even a bit.

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

If you stop cherry picking the quote then no its not...

The actual quote
edit on 19-7-2019 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 12:08 AM
link   

All right, I finished reading it, it turns out I knew most of it already, although it was good to look at specific wording.

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 12:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

If a New Zealander said that to you, does that make them racist???

No. It does not.

Nationality does NOT denote ‘race’ (well, in the mind of the low-iq it does)

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Agreed . Not even a bit.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join