It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The time 4chan supposedly located an ISIS base and allegedly influenced the bombing of it.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I randomly came across a story for whatever reason I find hilarious. So a quick summary is a supposed war journalist in Syria posts an image onto 4chan asking for their assistance in locating an ISIS training camp.

The first article starts with the also epic raid 4chan did on Shia LaBeouf, but then gets into the meat of how this next alleged raid takes place. Inquisitor (I know, I know, but we're mostly having fun here.)

Ivan Sidorenko, a reporter with ties to Russia who was working behind enemy lines to cover the war in Syria, had posted a video of the training camp asking if anyone knew the location. A Russian-speaking 4chan user transmitted the coordinates to Ivan Sidorenko via Twitter. Sidorenko, who claimed to have connections to Russia’s defense ministry, said that he would immediately transmit the information to Russia’s Minister of Defense to verify the location for an airstrike.

Deep web reporting site Vocativ points out that there’s no way way to know if Russia used the intelligence to launch an airstike, but there were airstrikes at strategic points in the area soon after. A video on May 31, 2016, titled “Warplanes bombarded agricultural land” show a location a few miles south of the training ground being bombed. This location had been identified by members of the board as the location of an Islamist training ground.

This "article" was rather vague and click baity, but it had another link that delves deeper into it with some archived images from the thread that transpired this supposed event.

Deutch Vice, I used google translate. Keep in mind that this is translated, so that should be taken with caveat, as well as Vice (English at least) devolving into a Buzzfeed like reputation which is sad as they used to do some quality investigative journalism.

My estimation is that there was an attack on those coordinates, but it's unclear whether the screech factory was the operational intel that greenlit it. So this story seems more folklore than "fact", but it's interesting and kind of funny to me so I thought I'd share.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 08:33 PM
link   
HWNDU (He Will Not Divide Us) was epic, the flag and the one with the cabin. It's truly amazing what the anons accomplished so I would not be surprised if some anons did help locate an Isis base or facility.
edit on 18-7-2019 by kimish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: kimish

The "sources" are dodgy, hence why I put it in skunk works. I thought it was an interesting and funny read. Not sure if I believe it or not, but I thought I'd share.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 12:10 PM
link   
In my opinion they did an amazing job locating the site with those grainy pictures.

Yet, I am split on this. It is bearing a huge load, saying this is the location, bomb them away. There is always this percentage that they could be dead wrong and starting a chain reaction of commands they have no influence or knowledge in (military).

Civilians calling the shots.

top topics

join