It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Satellite Or Something Else ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 02:03 PM
link   
The following video was filmed during the partial lunar eclipse on July 16th 2019.

Whatever it is, it appears to go in a straight trajectory. I have no idea what it could be, however a rocket launch would be my best guess.

Anyone ?

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Looks like a satellite. It was between the earth and the moon, traveling in a straight line. The light is reflections from the satellite's solar array.

And...THANK YOU for not adding the woo-woo music so typical of these kinds of videos. Keeping it real lends a whole lot more credibility to a video like this. Nice work!

edit on 18-7-2019 by TheTruthRocks because: God told me to.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: TheTruthRocks

You're probably correct.

If it had changed course i would have said not.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 02:24 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Wonder what kinda Sat it would be , it looks like its on some sort of pole to pole orbit.

Could be something that does scientific readings or mapping , since in a pole to pole orbit you can cover the entire planet in a bunch of orbits.
edit on 18-7-2019 by TheGreazel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheGreazel
Wonder what kinda Sat it would be , it looks like its on some sort of pole to pole orbit.

If the shadow of the Earth on the Moon was moving roughly from top to bottom (or vice versa) doesn't that mean that the Moon's and Earth's poles would be roughly to the left and the right on the video?

If that's true (I think it is) then it was not a satellite on a polar orbit.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 03:36 PM
link   
The ISS is crossing the UK these past few nights, while I hear English voices in the soundtrack, so it may be the ISS.

In fact, the ISS did pass during the eclipse...see this link,

astronomynow.com...

The ISS trajectory given in the link though, is a static line but it would have been over the Moon at a given point.
edit on 18-7-2019 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy
The ISS is crossing the UK these past few nights, while I hear English voices in the soundtrack, so it may be the ISS.

In fact, the ISS did pass during the eclipse...see this link,

astronomynow.com...

The ISS trajectory given in the link though, is a static line but it would have been over the Moon at a given point.

I had a look on Stellarium. You are correct that ISS was making a pass, but what was recorded was a near polar orbit satellite known as the Terra.

Known as the Terra (EOS AM-1) NORAD ID:25994 International Code: 1999-068A

Terra Wiki Link

Terra link

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: tommyjo
I had a look on Stellarium. You are correct that ISS was making a pass, but what was recorded was a near polar orbit satellite known as the Terra.

Why a near polar orbit satellite? It doesn't look like one to me.

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP

originally posted by: tommyjo

Why a near polar orbit satellite? It doesn't look like one to me.

You can see it on Stellarium.

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: tommyjo

After some searches to get more information about the possible position of the Moon over the horizon at the time when the eclipse was at its maximum (it looks like close to the maximum on the video), I think that the satellite was moving roughly from southeast to northwest, so I agree that it was probably Terra, as you said.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 05:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP
a reply to: tommyjo

After some searches to get more information about the possible position of the Moon over the horizon at the time when the eclipse was at its maximum (it looks like close to the maximum on the video), I think that the satellite was moving roughly from southeast to northwest, so I agree that it was probably Terra, as you said.

No problem. Thanks for the reply. It is amazing that these people that film such events don't seem to have a tracking app on their phones? It would solve a lot of wasted time! Then again some people know exactly what they are doing and exploit the footage!

top topics

join