It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scariest place you've lived or visited

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 05:30 PM
link   
After a really lovely famiy reunion picnic in the North Georgia mountains, my cousin invited me to tour my great grandfathers huge old house. It was being restored by my cousins who lived in the area. I had never met my grandfather as he died right after I had been born.

It's a beautiful area set in front of a fast flowing river, trees, and a a high hill which was the family cemetery.

It was a very picturesque two story, white clapboard home with additional buildings for machinery storage, kitchen, smokehouse, etc. He apparently was pretty successful businesswise and had alot of children.

Within seconds of walking in this really dilapidated house, I was consumed with feelings of dread and despair. I tried to hide my fear but after walking up the stairs I knew I had to leave. Everything felt off and horrid. I had never experienced anything like it before or since. I wanted to run. My teenaged children at the time just told me it all felt creepy.

Never ever heard of anything negative about him or his family. Very well respected. He apparently helped many people and provided great educations for all his children. He was universally loved.

That was over 15 years ago and I feel badly but have never attended another reunion. Sweet people but just, no.
edit on 18-7-2019 by Justso because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 06:10 PM
link   
The weirdest place for me was the highway between Vegas and LA in the middle of the night, was the only car on the road at 3:45 am. Didn't see anything, just a strange vibe.

Scary place, hands down Memphis TN at any time of the day. Lived there eight years and was carrying pretty much the entire time, would never live there again for any amount of money.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 06:38 PM
link   
My eeriest is a "suicide house" I rented for 6 memorable months... a friend's family rented me the house at a significant discount and I thought it was them being nice, until I found out after I left that the friend's brother had hung himself in the bedroom, there, and other tenants had vacated without saying why.

The first night I was there a goth cross hung on the wall ended up broken on the floor across the room and it just got weirder, daily, from there. The dogs would see stuff I couldn't and I heard movement and other noises constantly, seeing some blurs peripherally and once an ashtray flew across the living room, witnessed by a roomful of friends.

There was a constant feeling of someone else there and it culminated with us seeing light flashing in the kitchen one afternoon and we all rushed in, expecting a fire. There was a human shaped mass of small lights revolving slowly in the center of the floor... that slowly drifted into the floor and disappeared.

I was plagued by nightmares, there, and had "missing time" where my friends reported I had acted out of character for hours at a time. I had a substance abuse issue that started there, but ended when I left, immediately... which docs say is physically impossible, but happened. I found out the dead brother had been fighting a dire addiction.

I can't make any conclusions, but it indicated to me that possession might be a real thing.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I moved around quite a bit for work and on two back to back moves 2 different realtors showed me houses that had previously been owned by Edgar Cayce. First house was in Cody, Wy and the second house was in Hopkinsville, KY.

I didn’t have any idea who Edgar Cayce was until it was brought to my attention he was a prior owner and I did a bit of research.

Creeped me out a bit that I randomly wound up being shown two of his prior homes...in two different states...as a possible home for myself to purchase. Both homes had a weird vibe...I passed on both of them.

What are the odds?

a reply to: JAGStorm

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 07:11 PM
link   

U read my mind... thanks for the pic. Yep looks creepy from outer appearances !

leolady

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: leolady

U read my mind... thanks for the pic. Yep looks creepy from outer appearances !

leolady

Wasn't that weird....

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Probably the Edinburgh tunnels, only because it's dark, cold and has creaking doors that open on their own....oh and a bunch of people with the plague lived and died there. 🤪

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: Lazarus Short

Here is the place i'm talking about. It is a duplex, but was originally a single family house. I often wonder if
my kitchen was actually the original exam room. Super creepy to think about. Almost all the activity was in the kitchen, and back yard area.

Note the windows, all closed up or covered.... I also read later on that mansard roofs are prone to being haunted.
Not sure if that is true or not, but that sure is what is depicted in a lot of haunted house images.

What do you guys think, creepy or what?

Yes, creepy...and ugly too.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

My mother in law's.

That is not a paranormal experience .
It is normal to feel such at the inlaws .
Even after 40 years .

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 09:17 PM
link   
A prison. A band I was in several years ago played at a prison for level 3 (bad) and 4 (lifers) prisoners. We did two mini-concerts for them but there were some guys that I was not comfortable being around. There was little security and we had to wear panic button boxes "in case something went wrong". Oh, the food SUCKS too.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Lava Tubes.

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 05:04 AM
link   

places that i think are " creepy " = zero

fear inducing places have akways been due to :

geology [ unstable ]

fauna [ aggressive // unpredictable etc ]

people

weather events - esp storms at sea

thats me - YMMV

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 05:42 AM
link   
If I had to pick a place I guess it would be SE Asia. Not any one place in particular. I was stationed outside of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia from 94-98. There were times when I'd wake up like a shot in the middle of the night, I'd be soaking wet and I'd have this seriously foreboding feeling that I was never going to get out of there. I saw a lot of death there too, like the up close and personal kind, and I'm sure that didn't help matters. In fact, I saw so much of it I kind of got numb to it and that actually bothered me the most. Human life meant nothing there. It wasn't the individual events which haunted me so much, though some were pretty extreme (think: recognizable human body parts strewn around like confetti, kind of extreme). It was the general feeling that life meant nothing, and no one would know (or care) if we ever made it out of there. And, there were some who didn't. They didn't die or anything, but the place took over their soul or something and they stayed behind to live there forever.

I can't put my finger on exactly what it was, and even writing this post brought back some of those feelings. It took me quite a while to shake it when I did come back Stateside. It still bothers me a little sometimes.

I remember one event which really solidified this feeling for me. I woke up one morning in someone else's house, but no one was there. I had no idea where I was, how I got there or who's house it was. This wasn't some drunken bender thing, I hadn't been drinking or doing anything like that. I knew I was in a different country (i.e. not Malaysia), but I didn't know what country. To make matters even worse, my passport showed my work Visa had been cancelled in Malaysia (typical when you left the country) and I had an exit stamp, but there was no corresponding entry stamp from wherever the hell I was now. I looked out the window and I saw all these old Fords and Chevy's, it was like I went back in time to the 60's. I knew I wasn't in the US, but as I looked around everything was in English so I knew I wasn't in Asia. I just about freaked completely out, thought I was going to have a complete meltdown or a heart attack or something!

It took me about 30-40 minutes to piece together what had happened, but that seemed like hours or days. (note: this is a long story, but I'll keep it short). I figured out I was in Australia. I had been sick the preceding few days, I'd been in about 5 countries in the span of less than a week and I was exhausted. I was at a colleague's apartment, and he was on vacation for the weekend. I sat there on the edge of the bed, my head spinning and my heart racing. That's when it hit me...I had to get the F# out of SE Asia! As I sat there it hit me like a brick to the forehead. I had nobody to call, no one knew where I was (including me for a while) and if I had dropped off the face of the Earth that day no one would know or even care.

That's probably the scariest place I've ever been. Not Australia mind you (I LOVE the place), but that place inside your mind where you can never go home.

(Note - this was really hard for me to type).
edit on 7/19/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I got chills reading that

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Not really a place i lived but camping out at dugway geobeds rockhounding for geodes.
No one around for about 100 miles. We had to start our fire with my jumper cables cause we forgot a lighter.

I had the weirdest feelings about the place but actually one of the best memories with my ex and I now that I think about it.

The dog wouldn't get out of the car. He normally loves every camping spot. I had to carry him around the campground while he was whimpering. Eventually he relaxed a little but was really happy to leave.

I had the craziest dreams that night of # I don't even want to say right now.

found some really cool geodes though...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join