It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scariest place you've lived or visited

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I've been getting mail for someone that doesn't live here and it concerned me a little bit.
I went to take a look at my credit report to make sure everything is in order (it's fine)

While I was looking at things, all my old addresses were there. There was a place I lived at many, many many years ago.
I took a looksey on Google Earth, and yep, that place is just as creepy now as it was back then.
I live there 30 years ago and was renting the place. The owner wanted to sell it to me for 95K, which everyone said was a steal, for the size and where it was located. NOPE, that was hands down the most creepy, scary, unsettling place I've ever lived. I haven't experienced anything even close. I noticed that it recently sold for 100K, yup 25+ years later.. Let's put it this way, you couldn't pay me to live there!

I looked around on Google, it wasn't just that house, it was the whole block that looked creepy. There is a house on the corner, I called
it the vampire house when I lived there. It still looks exactly the same! Of course it does, vampires are immortal!

Where have you lived or visited that just sank your stomach and gave you chills on the back of your neck?
edit on 18-7-2019 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 02:01 PM
link   
The streets in Houston can be pretty damn scary.
Not "spooky" scary.
More like "you may get killed for no reason" scary.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Lived in an apartment in AZ for a year that routinely had activity in it. Shadow beings, kitchen drawers open and sometimes upended, noises, etc. When we were moving out one of the neighbors decided to actually visit with me for the first time. He asked me if we'd experienced anything strange in the place. I wasn't sure how to answer that and asked him why he'd ask and he said most people didn't last very long in that apartment over the years. According to him (and I looked this up and verified some of it) an Asian couple with a teen son had lived there a decade earlier. The parents went out to dinner and the kid shot himself in the head in his bedroom while they were gone. The kid was into some pretty dark stuff, goth kid, occult interests, etc.

ETA: there was an obviously replaced ceiling panel in that bedroom, too. Like I said, the death itself was confirmed by me from searching old news articles. The occult/goth stuff was obviously anecdotal from the neighbor, as I could not find any news article that mentioned that.

Had we known this earlier, we'd have moved immediately. Should have not moved in as the place never exactly felt "right."
edit on 18-7-2019 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 02:06 PM
link   

My mother in law's.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Oh it's one of those times when I just haven't a story to tell like that, not about anywhere I've ever lived or been to in the world.
I've never been spooky scared, only scared when in violent/dangerous situations, but even then it's less fear, more dump of adrenaline and fast focussed thinking.
I loved Scooby Doo as a kid though

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Camden New Jersey....

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Yup, this place didn't feel "right" either, but it was pretty, and location was good and the price was right.
I should have known.

Never had drawers open, but did have the faucet turn on and off. I tried to rationalize it at just old plumbing, but of course it wasn't.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 02:22 PM
link   

I was 15 and out at Black Lake in Louisiana, which is also a swamp, scouting around and it was getting dark. My flashlight batteries were running low and I got off track trying to get back to vehicle. Now I grew up down there and did not fear the snakes, gators or loggerheads but the ole Fouke Monster legend was fresh in the culture's psyche(even though it's origin was Arkansas) and I had just watched Creature From Black Lake as well, so yes samsquatch was in the back of my mind.

As my light eventually went out, my eyes adjusted to the dark to where I could still barely see my way. As you know, the nighttime in the woods is when a lot of critters and thangs come out, making all kinds of creepy sounds. My mind raced as I moved through knee deep muddy water following the waters edge, for the bank was too thick with underbrush. I kept hearing things and whenever I stopped, I heard more. Chills ran up muh spine as I envisioned bigfoot or other swamp monsters, or hillbillies lurking in the cypress tress. I guess it was about an hour later I found the car and it was pitch black out there with no one around for miles. The whole scene spooked me and I locked the doors as I headed out.

So for me, the spookiest place was being alone in a swamp in pitch black night.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Silure

Oh it's one of those times when I just haven't a story to tell like that, not about anywhere I've ever lived or been to in the world.
I've never been spooky scared, only scared when in violent/dangerous situations, but even then it's less fear, more dump of adrenaline and fast focussed thinking.
I loved Scooby Doo as a kid though

I've been in violent/dangerous situation, and the emotions are completely different than those of the supernatural. I would agree with fast thinking. In those situations I have been 100% fight mode.

In the case of "spooky scared" I was 100000% Flight!

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 02:27 PM
link   

I've never seen a ufo, Bigfoot or a ghost.
Therefore no place scares me.
Except maybe last summers visit to the Grand Canyon and Bryce Canyon.
Some of those ledges are pretty damn scary... Yikes

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Haha yes, I get ya! 👍
I've run for my life a few times, only from people or animals though, nothing spooky yet...

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I had a very high strange experience that scared the hell out of me in the San Luis valley of southern Colorado. Dulce and Archuleta Mesa is tame by comparison.

It had paranormal, UFO, MK ultra, and a religious vibe all rolled into something out of xfiles. Every time I go up there fishing; something happens along the lines of WTF? I'm used to it now...

edit on 18-7-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 03:02 PM
link   
LA county from 12AM to 5AM - and I've been in the slums of Tijuana at those times and also some really sketchy parts of poor caribbean islands late night as well. It even beats our S & W Philly.
edit on 7 18 2019 by DigginFoTroof because: (no reason given)

edit on 7 18 2019 by DigginFoTroof because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: DigginFoTroof
LA county from 12AM to 5AM - and I've been in the slums of Tijuana at those times and also some really sketchy parts of poor caribbean islands late night as well. It even beats our S & W Philly.

People don't realize there is a scary part of paradise. Florida is like that too. Most people think only of the beaches, and Disney. They don't realize how sinister parts of Florida are. I never realized it until I live there.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Creepiest place I ever lived was a beautiful house my ex and I had built. So many weird things happened there. I never figured out what the source was. It was just downright evil--it just always felt like that place wanted to do serious harm to anyone who was there. I would have people over and within an hour or so they would be making excuses to leave. One of my friends, who was a pastor, told me after he visited me that he felt like something was there that didn't like him being in the house. It had that effect on people--just a dark, oppressive energy. My ex lived there for about a month and then took off--this was her dream home built just as she wanted it. She never came back.

I should have moved out too but I tried to stick it out. I had to, really--the house/mortgage was in my name, I didn't want to lose all of the money I had put into the thing, and I couldn't afford another place. I would be fine during the day when I was at work, but once I made the turn down the street to the house it would feel like a dark cloud would come over me. I lasted about four years before my health deteriorated to the point where I couldn't work any more. It took about a year for me to recover from that. I'll add to this story when I have more time.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I second that!! Worse them Newark a reply to: Bluntone22

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: elkabong57

I'll add to this story when I have more time.

Please do!!!!, this sound super interesting & oddly similar to that place I lived at as far as the dark oppressive energy.

Mine had a lot of history though. It was a very very old house that a Doctor built, and treated patients in.
Something about the kitchen was just off. I wonder if it actually used to be the examination room.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 04:39 PM
link   
When I was very young, too young to remember, my family lived briefly in a two-storey house in the town of Barry. I was told it was originally a log cabin, added on to. You can find the area today in a map program, in Clay County, Missouri, along Missouri 152 and about a half-mile west of Highway 169. Don't look too hard, for the house is now gone.

Later, we visited family members who still lived there. Then one night, I dreamed I was inside the house, and the floors were sloping down, so people would end up at the junction of wall and floor - the house then sucked them under the mopboards. Next, I was outside, and watching blood and gore ooze out of the joints in the siding...

Even as a grown man, if my route took me past that house, I could not look at it.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Lazarus Short

Here is the place i'm talking about. It is a duplex, but was originally a single family house. I often wonder if
my kitchen was actually the original exam room. Super creepy to think about. Almost all the activity was in the kitchen, and back yard area.

Note the windows, all closed up or covered.... I also read later on that mansard roofs are prone to being haunted.
Not sure if that is true or not, but that sure is what is depicted in a lot of haunted house images.

What do you guys think, creepy or what?

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Can u give us a picture of the place... that would be intresting to see !

Thanks for sharing.

I don't know if I've had a really scary place like yours.

leolady

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join