It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should all women be believed???

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I declined to read through all of this and will instead respond to your title...No! Hell my wife lied to me just today...about something stupid and trivial in the grand scheme of things just because she know I would not have been happy with it. She regularly will play things down or avoid admitting to doing stuff she knows I would have not liked...hell I do the same to avoid fights sometimes.

So f*#& no...no one should be believed unless they have some proof. At the end of the day it is up to you and how you feel about what you're being told as far as to believe it or not. If you dont feel like something is true then it is your right to demand proof before you believe it.
edit on 18-7-2019 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 04:42 PM
link   
You shouldn’t believe all of any particular group.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Another thing to look at is how colleges and universities were directed under Title IX guidance during the Obama Admin to handle allegations of rape and sexual assault. In many cases, the accused were denied due process. They were summarily dismissed and had their names and reputations destroyed over mere accusations. They were denied the right to face their accusers and cross examine, to even in some cases know the full extent of the allegations against them and present evidence in their defense which is hard to do when you can't cross examine your accuser or know the allegations against you.

And even with the withdrawal of that guidance, this continues to be the case at many universities.

There are a growing number of lawsuits by plaintiffs dismissed under those conditions too against the universities for having been denied their due process rights under the constitution.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: JustJohnny

No, it would be foolish and naive to think otherwise.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: ClovenSky
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

So what happens if sex is granted in exchange for a promotion and then the promotion is never given? Is that considered rape?

No it is the height of stupidity to pay for something before it is received.

What happens if sex is granted with the belief that marriage will soon follow and the other partner ends up fleeing, is that considered rape?

Same as the above...... and an answer to

Maybe it is time to go back to the values of yesteryear and the prudish.

Except for the sexless marriages where one partner was willing and one wasn't, that one always confused me.

As a wise man once said......

Women want LOVE ......

Men want SEX.......

So marriage was the currency

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I kind of fail to see how it matters who is believed and it seems that it would be better to be neutral, at least at the beginning. Every accusation should be taken seriously, be investigated to the best of our ability, and, if evidence is found to warrant it, presented in a court of law for either an impartial judge or jury to decide guilt or innocence based on the evidence given. If the evidence falls short of the beyond reasonable doubt standard, then the proper verdict should be not guilty, regardless of what one wants to believe. If it does meet that standard, then it should be guilty regardless.

The idea that we have to believe one way or the other before all the evidence is presented to us kind of goes against everything a fair and just legal system stands for.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 07:25 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 07:26 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

So then you are saying they should not believe any women with a motivation for lying???

Right???

So what happens if that person is raped one day??

Tough titty??

Too bad, so sad, shouldn’t have cried wolf all those other times??

See what I mean??

There really isn’t a situation where the “powers that be” can’t go into assuming the guy did not do it...

Now once they start investing, her story can fall apart, as you mentioned her personal history can come into play... exc..

If innocence is assumed for the male, meaning their testimonies cancel each other out, which means he goes free by ONLY having to say no comment..

Because remember her testimony isn’t good enough solo... and for a rape case, testimony is all you got like 79% of the time..,

I’m a straight, single male and I think it sucks....

But even assuming 10% of accusations are TOTAL fabrications... and I doubt it is that high..

That means applying the same standard as other crimes means for every 10 rape convictions/cases/whatever , 9 rapists go free for every 1 innocent man convicted..

And contrary to the narrative, if we are only counting criminal case and if memory serves lol....

the conviction rate is atrocious ....so even though 9 out of 10 rape charges are legit, only like 27% get convicted... and I made that number up.. I think the real number is worse..

So hypothetically, with random variables as stats for easy math...

A real rapist Probably only has a 20% chance of being convicted, IF CHARGED!!!

So if 9 out of 10 are guilty, but only 20% convicted...

That’s not a very good chance if your guilty..

So if you are innocent, I bet VERY few get convicted.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Should all straight white males be believed?

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: JustJohnny

So “should all women be believed?? “

ONLY Rosie O'Donnell.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Fair point.....

But concerning rape , I have heard that there is NO case of a woman that wasn’t severely retarded molesting a young child..

They do the 12+ thing, but apparently younger than that is literally unheard of..

My point is that some crimes are committed by specific sexes..

Munchausens by proxy is ONLY a female crime..

With women rapes are almost always an “infatuation” rape... she doesn’t want the sex(orgasm) .. the stereotype is that “men only want sex”.. so the rape is to make that kick in and him fall in love..

So yes both lie, but both don’t tell the same lies.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

A) I said that criminally and in public opinion, people have to go into the situation believing the accuser, or no one ever gets convicted. Due to the he said, she said nature of the case...

However. After that if her case falls apart you no longer should.. which is standard operating procedure really..

B) Is that really the way it is with rape and child molestation cases??

Are you really innocent till proven guilty.. meaning if you lawyer up and refuse to give statements/dna /exc.. will it be considered “innocent till proven guilty”???

Hell sexual crimes are likely the only crime where corroborating evidence isn’t required almost inherently..
edit on 18-7-2019 by JustJohnny because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak

If you do , then no rapes committed by them are EVER prosecuted, but then none of them are held accountable for a rape they did not commit...

If you do not, all of them are prosecuted..

Which number do you think it higher, and by how much??

Innocent jailed, or rapist freed?

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
I kind of fail to see how it matters who is believed and it seems that it would be better to be neutral, at least at the beginning. Every accusation should be taken seriously, be investigated to the best of our ability, and, if evidence is found to warrant it, presented in a court of law for either an impartial judge or jury to decide guilt or innocence based on the evidence given. If the evidence falls short of the beyond reasonable doubt standard, then the proper verdict should be not guilty, regardless of what one wants to believe. If it does meet that standard, then it should be guilty regardless.

The idea that we have to believe one way or the other before all the evidence is presented to us kind of goes against everything a fair and just legal system stands for.

If you continue to be reasonable, OP will be forced to continue ignoring you.

A star for you. I can't believe I was the first.

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Individual basis...
edit on 19-7-2019 by Kromlech because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Not on your life. Ever, "Should all women be belived".......Unless of course they come with proof.

Pritty straight forward.

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 05:24 AM
link   
a reply to: CthruU

If your house is robbed, do you go digging around looking for the evidence as to who robbed you before you call the police?? Or, do you call the police right away and let those with the training and experience search for the evidence??

Considering all the rape kits that have been known to sit in evidence lockers for years without being processed, I don't think we have that big of a problem with lying women being believed as much as we have had with honest women just being ignored.
And then yous wonder why so many women don't go running straight to the police.

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 06:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

If your house is robbed, do you go digging around looking for the evidence as to who robbed you before you call the police?? Or, do you call the police right away and let those with the training and experience search for the evidence??

Considering all the rape kits that have been known to sit in evidence lockers for years without being processed, I don't think we have that big of a problem with lying women being believed as much as we have had with honest women just being ignored.
And then yous wonder why so many women don't go running straight to the police.

Jeez sensitive are we. Very sorry you've been mistreated or know someone close who has.

But

If my house is robbed of course you ring the police - but duhhhh they look for proof in order to charge someone so what's the point????? In order to be believed proof must or rather should accompany any accusation.

My post was innocent and fair enough.

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Maybe I misunderstood. You said the women shouldn't be believed unless THEY come with evidence.
There has to be at least the belief that the women to believe that the woman may have been raped or else there isnt gonna be an I investigation or its gonna end up being a half arse investigation. Just like there has to be the belief that there's the possibility that the accused could be innocent or there's a possibility of him being railroaded.
But, just like you wouldn't need and proof if a neighbor pulled a gun on you and threatened you before you called the police and they at least come out and ask some questions, a women does not need any proof. That is the cops job and they would prefer you leave that job to them.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join