It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should all women be believed???

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: JustJohnny

So “should all women be believed?? “

No.
I have had a number of them lie to me.

I have a friend who works in family court.
You should hear some of the things said during custody fights.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

I agree, but the OP does raise an interesting question. Where there is no concrete evidence available, it basically comes down to a 'they said' quagmire. Consent given and then withdrawn. When can it be withdrawn? When will regret be a valid excuse if it isn't already. I know we are well past the point of sanity so there will need to be insane resolutions or this situation is going to get worse and worse, flaming higher the battle of the sexes.

I wonder when we get to the point of insanity that if you willingly put yourself into a situation where intercourse can happen outside of a contract (like marriage) you forfeit the ability to accuse? Maybe in the case of a female going into a male frat house part and drinks to their hearts content, then wakes up the next morning to a shocking realization. How much responsibility is on the person that puts themselves into that type of situation?

I am kind of sadistic so I think the only cure for this and possible answers are in overreaction and in getting more insane, like believing all rapists are telling the truth. We certainly aren't making progress with trying to sweep this under the rug. Unless this is a much much smaller issue than it is, which could also be a possibility.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

The question is not about assuming guilt. It is about whether the woman should be believed.
Of course a trial will determine the guilt of the accused but an accusation should be investigated.
You are mistaking the courts with law enforcement. Without investigation of a complaint a rapist will most assuredly get away with it.
The police have an obligation to investigate the accusation. The accused has the right to a trial by a jury of his peers.
But if we do not investigate any claims how can we know.

edit on 7182019 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: JustJohnny
a reply to: YouSir

A) again I’m guessing you didn’t bother to even read the post....

B) a counterpoint requires that you actually make a point..

Ummm...I read it...laughed...and answered...

By stating...NO...I was making the point that I did not agree with your premise...nothing further needed to be added to my statement...

YouSir

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

If the door is off the hinges and the china is broken, the furniture is overturned and the tv is gone should we not investigate a robbery? Or you know.... no because they are presumed innocent?? Of course the police investigate.
The courts determine guilt or acquit but the courts do not investigate the case they just listen to the evidence that the investigators come up with.
This has nothing to do with mounting a defense or being presumed guilty of anything. It just means it should be investigated.
Perhaps the question should have been if a woman says she has been raped should the accusation be investigated by the law? Instead of should we believe her. That is asking the general public to be the jury.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: thedigirati

So at what point should the police tell a woman who says she has been raped to go whistle up a rope?

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: JustJohnny

Innocent until proven guilty is the law of the land and for good reason. Guilt should be determined in court by a jury and until a better system of getting to the truth comes along, it does a pretty good job of weeding out the liars in the mix.

Yes you take the accusation seriously, but you do not engage in witch hunts. There would be many more people making false allegations if were not for our court system based on innocent until proven otherwise. Guilt should be determined in a court of law. It really is better that a guilty person walk sometimes, than a single innocent person be punished for something they did not do.

As far as those who immediately assume a person is telling the truth based only on gender or political persuasion, they are either sadly lacking in critical thinking skills or have another motive. Motive is also an indicator of when someone is lying.

We all are prone to deciding guilt base on whether or not we like someone or who they are. That's why it's doubly important guilt be determined only after a trial.

How about we give both sides the benefit of the doubt until the evidence proves it one way or the other.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

If that happens its sexual harassment. No one in a position of power should be handing out jobs for sexual favors.
Its against the law.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

So at what point should the police tell a woman who says she has been raped to go whistle up a rope?

Never. That's not their job. That needs to be determined in court after a trial.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

So you think people should be considered guilty until proven innocent.

Not surprised by your anti-Constitutional rhetoric.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Do you think that women are being intentionally ignored, or is it that the system requires proof before it can act?

Let's say that I as a straight male was raped by another male, do you think I would need less evidence than a female to seek justice?

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I am not a cop. I am not a detective. But surely someone should attempt to gather some evidence
The woman should be examined by a doctor. Certainly the man should be questioned. Where it goes from there is up to the outcome of those two things at the very least.
And yes if the man has a history of violence against women his past relationships could be looked at. Why not?
I do not think there is a standard when investigating sex crimes. Each case is going to present different evidence.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I don't think it's a matter of belief. It's a matter of duty. If a woman makes a report of rape to the police, then investigation is warranted. But that isn't the case lately. We have seen women come forward with accusations of rape WITHOUT making a police report. Many times these women go straight to the media and to civil court in the form of lawsuits. My question is should those women be believed? My answer is no.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I know I won't get any intelligence from you, but could you point to where I said that?

First off. You are rude. Without reason you are rude to me.
Second...

No,all _____ should not automatically be believed

Which means what? All I asked was shouldn't all accusations be investigated.
I don't see where that is unintelligent at all.

The instances of women actually lying about something like this is very rare but if it happens I think there are laws to address false accusations of any kind.
In the initial moments of a report of rape should the woman be believed or told to go to hell? Thats simple enough.
I think if you take a moment you will discover that we are in agreement on this point.
But fire away the insults... If it makes you feel powerful and manly and all.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 02:13 PM
link   

I agree with most of your suggestions.
But I wouldn't want an investigation that found no evidence to be on the mans record.
Check over the girl.
Talk to the man.
Check deeper if necessary.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

But those cases were all investigated and those people (Tawana was just a little girl so I can't say women) were found to have lied.
IF no one initially believed them no one would have dug into it and some people could actually still believe the lies.
An investigation in those cases disclosed the lies. Which means that initially they believed the women enough to look into it.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

YES !

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnS23
NOBODY should automatically believe ANYONE when it comes to things like this.

Which women should be shown the door of the police station?

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

When can it be withdrawn?

At any time.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Shows the danger of just believing all women. People had their lives ruined because of those bs accusations.
The stats I looked at estimated as high as 10% false accusation rate other crimes only have 2% estimated.
Seems it is not as "very rare"as you would have people believe.

If ANYONE reports a rape the authorities should investigate PERIOD.
But don't act like those accusations are not leveraged by the accuser.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join