It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Berkeley Calif to Ban Offensive "MANhole"

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Clearly, the psychological distress was too much for them to focus on the other things.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Something fitting:
I’m watching that older movie with Demi Moore - G I Jane.
This senator is yacking with some other suites and says something like “ Didn’t you hear? We’re not allowed to refer to Navy Vessels as “She” anymore.”

I had a little laugh given the circumstances today.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

FFS😏
As a Firefighter, we use terms for the hose couplings like MALE & FEMALE ends. The word Coupling ( couple couples )might be offensive soon.

www.fireengineering.com...

YOU ARE OPERATING INSIDE A fire building when suddenly you discover that you are lost, disoriented, and separated from your crew. As you attempt to locate a wall or a window, you come in contact with a hoseline. Which way is out? If you locate the coupling, you can determine which direction leads to the exit. Or can you?

If the firefighter does remember to follow the Male coupling out, there may still be confusion once the coupling is located. If the firefighter is at the midpoint of the hose between couplings, the first coupling he will encounter on the way toward the exit will be the Female. The firefighter understood that he was to follow the Male end to the exit, so that firefighter turns in the other direction and heads toward the Male end, toward the fire

This is a quick reminder of R.I.T (Rapid Intervention Team) Training and basic as when in a fire and are confused, you can decifer which way leads into the fire and back out to safety. So we say things like the Male end goes into the Female.
So will this concept of fire training and Berkeley Fire department be deemed SEXIST, TOXIC MASCULINITY AND EVIL?

I feel triggered, I'm going to go play on the Fire Pole

Our apparatuses and we have 4 females in the Department

edit on 18-7-2019 by Bigburgh because: Tacos and Monster drinks make an awesome Area 51 Raid Snack👽👽👽👽

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

originally posted by: vonclod
Idiocracy, I wonder if there will be a point where they look back and think..WTF were we doing.

That would imply the capacity for introspection exists for these people, which their actions show it does not.

Must be something in the water, these people's heads are so far inside their own asses..oxygen starved perhaps.
I just shake my head.

They are pulling this stuff here as well.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Extremists being extremists and all that.

There's no shortage of any ideologies finding things to be offended and outraged over.

Damn shame too. We used to not be so fickle (before my time, but from what I've heard, it's a thing).

Luckily, this instance is just funny. No one is hurt, no one is losing rights, so I can cheer California's dumbassery on this one for laughs. They're not always this harmless though, and neither is their "opposition".

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 10:37 PM
link   
This is right up there with accusations of cultural appropriation for wearing Mexican sweaters or having dreadlocks. It's rubbish like this that is why people are ditching the progressives in droves.
At one point several years ago they seemed like a worthwhile movement when they focused on anti war/MIC power, cleaning up wall street and the labor markets whilst addressing social issues without the divisive insanity(really what do they hope to achieve constantly attacking white people?).
Nowadays it seems that all these pointless attempts at social engineering is their top(only?)priority and they've forgotten what got them there in the first place!

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 11:20 PM
link   
From now on they are bootyhole covers. Something that even transgenders have. Now, everyone is included.

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Of all the people that go into manholes to do work or repairs what percentage are female?

5%? 10%? Maybe.

Funny how the push for equality in the workforce NEVER extends into sanitation or garbage collection.

They are called manholes because MEN use them as an access point.

Can someone PLEASE nuke the fault line and drop Cali into the ocean? Please?
edit on 19-7-2019 by JohnS23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 04:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff
I’m glad someon is finally addressing the things that really matter, think of all the hole covers that have been misgendered over the years, I bet you’ve never even given them a thought you bigot.

I personally think this isn’t going far enough, we need to hit back at the patriarchy hard, i vote that from now on we call them “womenholes” and really stick it to em

Edit: I meant stick it to the patriarchy, not womanholes

If I ever go to Berkeley, I'll be pointing out allof the "Filthy, rusted womanhole covers" and bringing up the rot and decay happening inside the "sludgd-riddled womanholes."

I shall do this loudly.

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Here's the list of terms that are going to be changed...

Pffffffffwhahahaha....this is comedy gold.

Can't wait till Iron Family comes out with a cover album of "Skipper of Puppets"

Peace
edit on 19-7-2019 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 06:41 AM
link   
In the spirit of fairness, I'm sure we will now start to see many women climbing down the person holes to fix sewerage problems.

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: operation mindcrime

All of these are completely ridiculous, but these ones.... * scratches head *

"Pregnant" (Woman, Women) >>> "Pregnant Employees"

WTF? They acknowledge that only a woman can be pregnant (otherwise they would have also put "man" and "men") but feel that it has to be changed to a non-gender neutral term. That doesn't make any sense (just like the rest of this). So i repeat. WTF?

"Male and Female" >>> "People of different genders"

So they acknowledge that there are different genders, but you're not allowed to refer to them:

PolicePerson (!) asks a witness a question: "was it a man or a woman you saw"
Witness "i saw them clearly: it was a person of different genders"

Obviously i'm being quite facetious, but if this # continues it could end up like this or far worse..

How long before they start bringing in punishments for those that can't / won't / don't use their 'Non-Gendered Term Replacement'....

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Outstanding job folks!

Proving once again who has the ability to create outstanding memes and it isn't the leftists!

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: JonInMichigan

If this goes nationwide I fear for MANhattan...Personhattan just doesn't have the same ring to it...

On a more serious note, what are we gonna do with manslaughter. Seems kind of genderspecific...??

Peace

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 09:40 AM
link   
We've hit ludricous speed.

I leave it with this:

"Ray Stantz: Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling!

Egon Spengler: 40 years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes!

Winston Zeddemore: The dead rising from the grave!

Peter Venkman: Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together, mass hysteria!"

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I don't understand, whats going on...

Can someone man'splain this to me ?

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 10:46 AM
link   
What if we just call them Trans-holes? A little recognition & respect, yeah? Smooth things over a bit maybe?

Asking for Augie.

edit on 19-7-2019 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I'd like to ban california myself. I think tthey need to focus more on their homeless and rat issues before the gender neutral garbage.

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: operation mindcrime

Pffffffffwhahahaha....this is comedy gold.

Can't wait till Iron Family comes out with a cover album of "Skipper of Puppets"

Peace

Well like I said the terms mean Human or WoMAN/Man it was already reasonable.
I noticed many of the terms on your list already changed long ago most people say Firefighters, officer or police officers, they missed mailman which has been mail carrier for some years.

What I object to is not calling a sister a sister or a Mother or men/women which I find ridiculous!
So I can't say my son I have to generalize!

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Whooooo....hold up. That's not my list. Mine would have been way more creative.

I wouldn't have stopped with just genders. I mean any creature could fit into a "maintance hole" and the term seems to suggest that you can only use it when you are maintaining the hole underneath.

Creatures live there and so should be included.

Creature hole....yeah...sounds nice.

But I get your point. Brothers and sisters become sibblings. That'll confuse the kids a little better...

To tell you a secret, when my boss would talk about a pregnant employee I am probably never going to assume it might be Bob from accounting.

Peace

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join