It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump's impeachment vote went bad for Rep Green.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 02:01 AM
link   
www.nytimes.com...

WASHINGTON — The House on Wednesday killed an attempt to impeach President Trump for statements that the chamber condemned this week as racist, turning aside an accusation that he had brought “ridicule, disgrace and disrepute” to his office. The move split Democrats, underscoring the divisions within the party over whether they should use their majority to charge Mr. Trump and try to remove him from office, with 95 signaling their support for at least considering the question further, and 137 moving to stop the current effort in its tracks.

It looks like the Impeachment conundrum is closing it's doors. Rep Green has tried 3 times now to get support for his impeachment, perhaps if he would have found a reason first, then opened with that.......

I am curios as to how this will hamper the Mueller show that is scheduled for next week. Fat Jerry has plans and would likely drown his sorrows in a tub of Rocky Road ice cream if his impeachment hopes fade as well.

With the current fiasco happening in the Democratic party, it's looking a lot like Trump in 2020. At some point, even Trump will get tired of winning.

+13 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 02:09 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

WTHell? Can't this Democrat-led Congress do anything right? They've had a full 6 months. That's 25% of their term...up in smoke. Wasted.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Congressman Green ( a true roads scholar ) means well so give him credit (and keep him in debt) 💥🤣🤣💥

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 02:27 AM
link   
They could be working on the new NAFTA deal, border security, but they won't do anything that supports Trump and just hampers all of us.

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 02:33 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

137 members still have some cheese left on their cracker.

I would say this is a good thing but the fact that 95 members were considering seeing this through is still worrying. They don't seem to have a clue about wtf they are doing. Impeach Trump, then what?

I'm still waiting to see a logical solution from anyone about what the plan would be moving forward.

Clown world indeed.

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 04:44 AM
link   
The Democrat plan is this:
Start the impeachment process in summer 2020. That will coincide with the election and tie Trump up during the campaign process, dominating the news cycle as a lengthy show trial is ongoing. They will even have it running on election day so as to give the impression that even if Trump wins he won't be in office - in the hope of suppressing votes through demoralisation.

The Democrats like Al Green are just so mentally lost that they can't help themsleves - and are thus going off message and plan.
In other words impeachment is not about anything other than influencing an election - it's not really about any valid reason for impeachment.
Whether the plan works for the Democrats is yet to be seen.
edit on 18/7/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 05:20 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Can anyone tell me what The House has actually done since 2019 started?

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 05:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: carewemust

Can anyone tell me what The House has actually done since 2019 started?

I'd be glad to: (Crickets chirping in the background, tumbleweed rolling by.) Think that about covers it.

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 05:39 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

The House can't have a show trial. All they can do is indict. The Senate has the trial, and the Senate is a Republican majority. Even if it were to actually result in a trial (which McConnell has said will never happen), it requires a 2/3 majority to convict and remove from office.

In other words, this is nothing more than angry screaming at the moon.

Ironically enough, after making the tweets against the Fantasy Four, aka "The Squirts Squad," Trump's approval rate according to Rasmussen jumped back to 50%. Voters simply do not like AOC+3. So trying to impeach Trump on the basis of something the voters agreed with him on is sorta like shooting oneself in the foot with a bazooka.

We're just seeing yet another hissy fit by the children in the House. AOC+3 are busy trying to change everything people like about the country, Pelosi is obviously going senile, and Al Green et. al. are just running around in circles like chickens with their heads cut off. 2020 is already lost for them.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Pelosi does seem to be fading fast. It's noticeable on an almost weekly basis.

I think the stress of the whole situation, with her party seriously fractured, and Trump's reelection seemingly imminent, is taking a toll.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Al Green, AOC, Shelia Jackson Lee, Maxine Waters and the rest of these loud mouths are the product of affirmative action voting which is a real thing.

Years ago it was decided to redistrict non white voters and squeeze as many as possible into the same district to give them more of a "voice". It achieved the opposite effect. Their districts get worse and worse every year. These are poor and uneducated people mainly.

If someone wants to get elected in these districts, all they have to do is run their mouth about the "white man" because their problems are his fault. This is what Al is doing. Notice they never talk about the severe problems in their districts like poor education, broken families, teen pregnancy, drugs, illegal aliens. Put any blame on the residents and kiss your elected seat goodbye.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 09:44 AM
link   
"Notice they never talk about the severe problems in their districts."

Doing that would necessitate actual work--which is not the reason these kinds of people wanted to be elected in the first place.

This mentality knows no color; there are lazy, loud white folks doing it too.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
roads scholar

Ahem...

Sorry, the pedantic in me forces me to point out, It is 'Rhodes Scholar'...

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
The Democrat plan is this:
Start the impeachment process in summer 2020. That will coincide with the election and tie Trump up during the campaign process, dominating the news cycle as a lengthy show trial is ongoing.

All the House can do is an up/down vote to impeach or not.

The trial is in the Senate, which would likely last all of a couple of hours at most, before they refuse to convict.

If this is their plan, then all I can say is... rotflmao!

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Big tech is supposedly gearing up to influence the elections.

I think the Trump administration is going to crack down hard as speculation and concern is growing over Google and other big tech.

The democrat party, as of now, is DONE. Fractured, broken and unable to reach a unifying consensus and resonate with the American majority, they have less then ONE year to "sew" the rips and repair the cracks WHILE building a message that Americans can respond positively too.
Right now, they are bring progressives when we don't need progressive action, rather, REAL HARD ACTION to deal with our issues domestically and abroad.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

roads scholar

Ahem...

Sorry, the pedantic in me forces me to point out, It is 'Rhodes Scholar'...

I meant to say he is a roads scholar 😎

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Ah, well then, in that case... I don't get it...

Guess that means I'm not a Rhodes Scholar...

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

Ah, well then, in that case... I don't get it...

Guess that means I'm not a Rhodes Scholar...

I was a roadie for the Chilli Peppers in my younger days. It that the same?

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 10:52 AM
link   
So it is now a fact that a vast majority of democrats in the house DO NOT SUPPORT impeaching President Donald J Trump!
Perhaps some of those predicting impeachment here will now see their folly?

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
...perhaps if he would have found a reason first, then opened with that.......

You don't have to have a reason, but as this shows, if you don't have a legit reason you kinda of don't get any support.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join