It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unauthorized immigrants face public backlash in Mexico, survey finds

page: 1

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Washington Post

More than 6 in 10 Mexicans say migrants are a burden on their country because they take jobs and benefits that should belong to Mexicans. A 55 percent majority supports deporting migrants who travel through Mexico to reach the United States.

This is my surprised face:

The Mexican people have been putting up with a dysfunctional government with regard to immigration (and everything else) for as long as we have. No one ever considers how actual Mexicans feel about their country constantly invaded by hordes of economic migrants, child traffickers, gang members, disease, and civil infrastructure stress.

At the height of the migrant caravan saga, we saw the mayor of Tijuana come out in a Make Tijuana Great Again hat in a similar fashion to President Trump's MAGA hat. This was clearly no fluke, and the data shows it. The woke left, democrats in congress and the woke Twitterati have lost the narrative on this entirely.

edit on 17 7 19 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 07:45 PM
link   
The Mexicans are being racist!

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I live in Mexico (US citizen legal immigrant). This is no surprise to me. I have never heard a Mexican say anything positive, welcoming or kind about the illegals that move through here.

As a legal resident who had embrace the country and culture, learned the language and tried to contribute in a positive way, I have never felt unwelcome. But they're isn't much love for folks who come sneaking through.

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

But they're isn't much love for folks who come sneaking through.

Same goes for those of us who want border security and an end to illegal immigration.

I'm an immigrant from Costa Rica, born to Cuban parents. My family and I came here legally after applying for refugee status while in Costa Rica. It NEVER occurred to my parents to enter the US illegally. America, her people, her institutions, and her laws deserve to be respected same as the people, institutions, and laws of Mexico.

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I don't know of anyone who hates a person or people for simply for being immigrants.

The few racists I know of are going to hate you for being different regardless of where you originated, be it born in the USA or immigrating legally or not.

The disdain for illegal immigrants is purely based on the lack of respect for our laws and our ways and nothing else for almost everyone. If you want to come here, most of us are sympathetic to that. We love our country and understand the impulse, but we want folks who love the idea enough to similarly respect our country by following her laws before they even get here.

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
The Mexicans are being racist!

beat me to it. damn.

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

As a legal resident who had embrace the country and culture, learned the language and tried to contribute in a positive way, I have never felt unwelcome. But they're isn't much love for folks who come sneaking through.

I am guessing that is pretty common any where. It's a respect/common courtesy thing. A visitor to my house who observes my rules is welcome anytime. I will respect the rules at their house. Someone sneaking through the window in the middle of the night? Different story.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 12:28 AM
link   

More than 6 in 10 Mexicans say migrants are a burden on their country because they take jobs and benefits that should belong to Mexicans.

Not sure where but I've heard this from somewhere else before.

edit on 18-7-2019 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 12:30 AM
link   
What Mexican don't want the country invaded by their version of Mexico?

WHO WOULDA THUNK.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 02:36 AM
link   
OH NO! It sounds like they should seek asylum immediately!

top topics

join