It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any ESEE Knife Owners?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 05:46 PM
link   
How do you like your's and which model do you have? I can't decide on which one to get.

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Yes. Best knife I've owned. Edc folder dpx hest model.
Highly recomended. Faster draw than any auto with the notch in the blade. It catches your pocket and opens as you draw it, if you push it towards the back of your pocket. Great steel. Titanium and carbon handle, lock like a tank. Best sub $400 blade made imo

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 06:19 PM
link   
What are you uisng it for?
Camping, defense, construction etc?
Buget?
My use is in construction, so I beat it up daily.
I could point you in the right direction if I know usage a little better.
There are better brands in fixed blade and folder, but the price jumps big time on folders.

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I don't own one personally but I know that ESEE has a great warrantee, probably the best. No questions asked, they'll replace your blade.

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
What are you uisng it for?
Camping, defense, construction etc?
Buget?
My use is in construction, so I beat it up daily.
I could point you in the right direction if I know usage a little better.
There are better brands in fixed blade and folder, but the price jumps big time on folders.

I want just one for all around everything. Like shtf one knife lol. This leads me to the 5. But then again it's 1 lb! I hear the 4 is issued for AirForce SERE school and is a more practical size.
edit on 17-7-2019 by TheGreatWork because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-7-2019 by TheGreatWork because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: kimish
I don't own one personally but I know that ESEE has a great warrantee, probably the best. No questions asked, they'll replace your blade.

Yes this is one reason. I know "real" operators actually use these things where the finish is gone in 2 weeks and they all seem to hold up in the most demanding situations. The warranty does feel good.

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: TheGreatWork

Right on. The only negative to that blade is the grind. It's very thick so it doesn't cut through stuff very easily.
It's very stout though, so would hold up for prying and survival purposes, but would suck for say skinning game.

If I was getting into blades that thick, I would probably go with a Fox. I have a ton of blades and use the Fox Trapper with crs30v(I think). A chromoly additive to the s30v steel. It's unreal. A total chopper.

All things considered, imo, if I was going fixed tactical/military there is only one brand I would trust, but they are hard to get a hold of and can take a year, but it's the best of the best. Your going to be in the $400 range.
Notice the grinds on these, that esse is like a wedge compared to these, but these are much stronger knives all together. Still in the 1/4" thickness range, but the grind shspe is much more usable.
I like the Oberland 1&2 on this link for top fixed tac choice...

Crusader Forge Tactical

edit on 7 by Mandroid7 because: Added2

edit on 7 by Mandroid7 because: Sp

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Had an ESEE-4 about ten years back. Have passed it on to my son.

What I liked about it:
It liked my hand. I don't think I've ever held another knife that felt as well balanced.
I liked the notch (the finger groove) that was cut into the blade.
It was the perfect size.
It had a Kydex sheath that 'locked on'. Absolutely no rattle.

Shortcomings:
It never went anywhere. I bought it for SHTF and the fan is still poop-free.
It was expensive. You can get a knife that does knife stuff for under $40.
Pro Tip - That'll leave you change for buying a field saw and an axe. Put those items out where you think you're going to pick them up and go.

edit on 17-7-2019 by Deplorable because: inadvertently used a control character that left some text hidden

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deplorable
Had an ESEE-4 about ten years back. Have passed it on to my son.

What I liked about it:
It liked my hand. I don't think I've ever held another knife that felt as well balanced.
I liked the notch (the finger groove) that was cut into the blade.
It was the perfect size.
It had a Kydex sheath that 'locked on'. Absolutely no rattle.

Shortcomings:
It never went anywhere. I bought it for SHTF and the fan is still poop-free.
It was expensive. You can get a knife that does knife stuff for under $40.
Pro Tip - That'll leave you change for buying a field saw and an axe. Put those items out where you think you're going to pick them up and go.

I have the saw and axe covered.
The 4 is tempting.

join