It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My all-time favorite scene from Stranger Things

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I think the scene below is the best scene from all three seasons. It captures everything that is great about the show. They are fighting a giant monster. They are trying to close the gate to the underworld. Everything is dire and Justin breaks out into song to get Plank's constant from his no longer mythical girlfriend he met at science camp in order to have the combination to open the safe to get the explosives to close the gate. Just perfect! And Joyce Byers reaction to the song is precious!

If you haven't seen Stranger Things I highly recommend it. It's just so good!!!

edit on 17-7-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
I think the scene below is the best scene from all three seasons. It captures everything that is great about the show. They are fighting a giant monster. They are trying to close the gate to the underworld. Everything is dire and Justin breaks out into song to get Plank's constant from his no longer mythical girlfriend he met at science camp in order to have the combination to open the safe to get the explosives to close the gate. Just perfect! And Joyce Byers reaction to the song is precious!

If you haven't seen Stranger Things I highly recommend it. It's just so good!!!

To each their own I guess... dig Stranger Things but that was so unrealistic it killed the suspense vibe for me at least that said Im likely not in their target audience anyway

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

I did an eye roll when the song started, but then I kinda started enjoying it. Just goofy fun. I'm already looking forward to season 4.

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Mine too, posted it in mood music a few days ago. I absolutely loved it, made me smile from ear to ear, just pure cheesy nostalgia driven goodness, it was so out of the blue too which I think added to it's effectiveness.

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 03:34 PM
link   

The absolute best part of that scene is the “are we seriously doing this right now” look on Will’s face. All of the fear and desperation, coupled with the collective understanding that yelling at Suzy and Dustin over radio would prove to be futile, and could jeopardize the operation, is built up in that one look.

Somehow this scene both breaks the tension and adds to it. I was already on the edge of my seat going into the duet, but when they started singing, I thought to myself, “oh ffs, we don’t have time for this right now!”

Alas, I do find myself getting quite emotionally invested in well made tv shows and movies.

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: valiant

Mine too, posted it in mood music a few days ago. I absolutely loved it, made me smile from ear to ear, just pure cheesy nostalgia driven goodness, it was so out of the blue too which I think added to it's effectiveness.

That's what I thought! Plus I liked Susie's character being stubborn. And Dustin having to grudgingly comply with her request. Then everyone's reaction was so what-the-heck. I though it worked really well.

Hey, a girl has to get her song even if the fate of the world is at stake!

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: scolai

The absolute best part of that scene is the “are we seriously doing this right now” look on Will’s face. All of the fear and desperation, coupled with the collective understanding that yelling at Suzy and Dustin over radio would prove to be futile, and could jeopardize the operation, is built up in that one look.

Somehow this scene both breaks the tension and adds to it. I was already on the edge of my seat going into the duet, but when they started singing, I thought to myself, “oh ffs, we don’t have time for this right now!”

Alas, I do find myself getting quite emotionally invested in well made tv shows and movies.

I felt this way exactly! This increased the tension and there was no way around it!! The song had to be sung!!!

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Well, I must say, I'm a nerd, and I love the never-ending story, I love that song, and I love stranger things. And the stubbornness of Suzie makes it funnier given the circumstances of the story. So yes, this scene stood out to me more than any other in season 3.

Overall I thought season 3 was better than I had expected it to be. The shopping scene was annoying, but the rest was good. In my opinion, better than season 2 but not as good as season 1.

Then again, in a show about nostalgia, can you ever beat season one?

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

originally posted by: valiant

That's what I thought! Plus I liked Susie's character being stubborn. And Dustin having to grudgingly comply with her request. Then everyone's reaction was so what-the-heck. I though it worked really well.

Hey, a girl has to get her song even if the fate of the world is at stake!

The song was way more important than the Earth ending lol Dustin learnt a lesson early there!

She was a scene stealer for sure, perfectly played that stubbornness without overdoing it, it's crazy how they shown so much chemistry without being face to face.

I sincerely hope they do more with her/him in season 4 ... can't wait

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: elkabong57

I did an eye roll when the song started, but then I kinda started enjoying it. Just goofy fun. I'm already looking forward to season 4.

Same and then suddenly I remembered being 13-14 and how stupid I was and how much that silly movie and song affected me...and I was like Whoa...

top topics

join