It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Woman That will Solve the AOC Problem

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 09:02 AM
link   
As far as I can see, this lady could be the next NY hero. Black woman, immigrant from Jamaica, Republican.

There’s a crisis in Queens and it’s called AOC.

AOC will be jobless soon.

Scherie Murray was born in Jamaica, West Indies, and came to New York City with her family when she was nine. Growing up in Southeast Queens, Scherie learned early on about the importance of hard work, the value of a good education and the strength of a united community.

Scherie went to I.S. 192 where she was a gymnast. She then graduated with an outstanding community service award from the Law, Government and Community Service Magnet High School (formerly Andrew Jackson H.S.) and became the captain of her high school’s gymnastics team.

When she was 17, Scherie worked as a systems analyst for the NYC MTA Jamaica Bus Depot. While earning her Associate of Applied Science in Micro Computer Business Systems and a Bachelor of Science in Broadcast Journalism, Scherie taught gymnastics for an after-school program in Far Rockaway, Queens. She also volunteered and served as senior editor on her college newspaper – The New Tech Times.

In 2004, Scherie had a vision of starting her own company. With a mission to address the lack of minorities in media, Scherie created The Esemel Group. Through advertising, production and programming work, Esemel generated employment opportunities for minorities in New York City.

Scherie is also a proud Veterans advocate and continually works to revitalize her district by advocating for small businesses and economic development, promoting more school choices for parents, strengthening community police relations with commonsense solutions, and starting a larger dialogue around comprehensive immigration reform.

twitter.com...
www.msn.com...
scheriemurray.com...
edit on 17-7-2019 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

I'll wait until she makes some Twitter posts and public appearances before passing any judgement.

That being said, I dont think minorities will vote conservative, even for another minority.

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Yep.

AOC lives her life on Twitter. She thinks her constituents are the Twitterati rather than those in her district. She thinks her followers on Twitter are more important than doing her job.

Sherie shouldn't have much of a problem destroying that idiot.
edit on 17 7 19 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I'm no expert in NYC politics, but it seems an impossible task for a Republican to triumph in her district. The ratio of dem to rep makes it very very unlikely, IMO.

IDK if a more moderate dem will run against her, but the Amazon debacle would probably cost her dearly if one does.

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

She is part of the minority.

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

Yes, running against another minority.
She will likely not get the vote.

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I literally just finished reading this article at Fox,
www.foxnews.com...

Wow, Jinx huh?

I agree, she is exactly what we need to combat AOC in her district AND she can't pull the race card.

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 09:17 AM
link   
They don't even need a republican, they just need someone who's not a complete nitwit.

Then again, I kind of hope she stays. The memes are worth it.

link   

After the Amazon loss, a glass of water could beat her.

People like to be all PC until it starts costing them.

TheRedneck

link   

What if she does?

I am inclined to believe that most people, despite their required preferences due to racial pressures from democrats, don't want this woke BS anymore.

AOC hasn't done anything in Congress worthwhile. The only publicity she gets is for being a vapid harpie. It may very well be that her constituents don't want to be viewed like the country views her.

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

originally posted by: Trueman

Yes, running against another minority.

Against which other minority?

She has a company that hires minorities.

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Dont get me wrong, I'd love to see her win.
I just dont believe a Republican can win in aoc's district.

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
They don't even need a republican, they just need someone who's not a complete nitwit.

That, and Trump, among other Reps use her like the "tool" she is.

The phrase "the gift that keeps on giving" is appropriate.

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 09:34 AM
link   
AOC helps Republicans.

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

I hope this lady wins, but I've got to admit I'd miss AOC and her hilariously dumb ideas.
edit on 17-7-2019 by AndyFromMichigan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I fail to understand why you all feel so threatened by her. She's one little woman, extremely bright and articulate, who freely shares her ideas and passions. Of course I understand why you don't like her, but it's beyond dislike. It's fear? Threatened?

Good grief, she's just one little woman, she's NOT the Democratic party. It also doesn't speak highly of anyone who wants to silence her. I mean, that's what actually happens in Russia and NK.

She nailed it when she said "weak minds" essentially attack the person rather than the ideas (referencing Trump).

Play the ball. Not the player.

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Oh, but just think of the next day if a Republican did win AOC's seat!

You thought the comedic antics were out of this word in 2016? Washington would have stuff on the walls for years from all the progressive heads exploding!

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 09:40 AM
link   
AOC is still in good shape. Her district is a reflection of herself meaning there are lots of little AOC's there. They will vote for her again. I have districts like this where I live. They keep electing the same reps even though their districts get worse and worse. It's very hard to comprehend but it's reality.

I wish this Republican the best but it's not going to happen. There is a steep hill of hatred and ignorance there that can't be climbed. A decent chuck of them don't even speak English at home.

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting
I fail to understand why you all feel so threatened by her. She's one little woman, extremely bright and articulate, who freely shares her ideas and passions. Of course I understand why you don't like her, but it's beyond dislike. It's fear? Threatened?

Good grief, she's just one little woman, she's NOT the Democratic party. It also doesn't speak highly of anyone who wants to silence her. I mean, that's what actually happens in Russia and NK.

She nailed it when she said "weak minds" essentially attack the person rather than the ideas (referencing Trump).

Play the ball. Not the player.

I'd ask that you read the OP so you better understand what's going on here. it's about a new person to challenge her election, which is coming up. It's the best and most fair way to deal with removing someone you don't like. So it's playing the ball, not the player at it's core. If you really don't get this, please ask.

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Anybody who is even slightly normal would have a good chance at beating AOC in an election.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join