It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman designs chair to end manspreading

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

"infringing on my space" talk about a #in EGO

yes because you own space in public places !

honestly what a troll and a loser , for trying to further a divide

every human when sitting naturally relaxes their spine and hips so that their legs will naturally relax and the hips open
women do this to if they dont sit cross legged.

This totally screams "equality "

now why did she think designing this chair would solve her problem, no MAN will ever sit in these unless he is doing it for a joke , which is exactly what this chair is !

a #in joke
edit on 18-7-2019 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
So femspreading is fine?

Hell yes.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 10:22 AM
link   
It's like the article from Sweden a couple of years ago; they were removing urinals from bathrooms, and telling men not to stand up to pee.

When you get older, the sack hangs lower. You ever seen old guys at the gym? I realize I'm an old geezer, but non handicap accessible toilets would let me incur splash-down, because the water is so high towards the rim.

I know, I know. TMI. But it illustrates the fact that people are built in a larger number of conformations.

Does the woman complain about blind people, cane-spreading? Or obese people in extra-wide wheel chairs?

Not everyone is young and blonde and athletic. We haven't had the decency to off ourselves. And we're not liable to, either.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Is it an art piece? I don't understand this concept that's celebrated amongst the "woke".
"I feel like a victim because of X, so I will now highlight me performing X on my perceived assailants in broad daylight without challenge"
Aren't we taught in kindergarten just because Jim pushed Sally it's still not ok to push back?

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Rob808

No it's not art, it's design...sighhhh

As the designer explains:

"Manspreaders of the world really don’t need to worry, as there are currently no plans to roll the chairs out to all public spaces and force men to sit in them.

The chairs are more of a concept design, created to get a conversation going about how men and women take up space in the world
"

First up, it's a social problem. You can jump on the merry bandwagon of folks claiming it's a feminist plot and they need extra room because there manlyhood demands it but I think it's just rude to hog up more room than your seat allows in crowed public transport. Again nobody is saying you can't sit the way you want but when you are sharing space it is only polite to be considerate.

Secondly, and I think this is the biggest point, I give selfdefense classes and the problem with most victims is their posture. The way you take up space in this world is one of the most important aspects of selfdefense.

Now any initiative to get that conversation going is welcome and I am very disappointed that some of the bright people here on ATS fail to see that and resolve to ridicule.

Peace

Ps: I will bet you anything that all the members in this thread shouting for "freedom of the testicles" wouldn't be so eager to sit like they're defending when sitting on the prison bus next to 300lbs Bubba who's checking to see who will be his bitch for the next 20 years...lol
edit on 18-7-2019 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: operation mindcrime

Ps: I will bet you anything that all to men shouting for "freedom of the testicles" wouldn't be so eager to sit like they're defending when sitting on the prison bus next to 300lbs Bubba who's checking to see who will be his bitch for the next 20 years...lol

On that specific point alone, I personally would be sitting as big wide and proud as I could if Bubba was looking for his bitch. No way am I gonna huddle up , looking down, all scared, submissive and easy to break, no freaking way...that's not my MO in life, but if it works for you...

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime

The problem is that women are to damn fragile.
They can plop out a boob and breast feed a kid anywhere they want so they can just suck it up and deal with covered testicles.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Silure

Blabla....you little braveheart you. Is school out for summer again?

Of course you would. And you'd probably knock out the biggest guy in prison to make everybody know nobody f's with you right?

You'd be sitting on that bus as normal and transparant as you could be...

Peace

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Is that still a thing in the US? Breastfeeding in public?

I fail to see the comparison in rudeness...

Peace

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Grown women walking around with vagina hats yelling something about being more than a vagina is more of a thing in the US.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: operation mindcrime

Is that still a thing in the US? Breastfeeding in public?

I fail to see the comparison in rudeness...

Peace

As a woman, I'll say it. Sometimes, you just don't want to see someone's naked, flabby boob hanging out even if it is feeding a kid.

But if we're being told it's entirely natural and to get over it, then a man needing space for his junk is also entirely natural too. Yes?

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I fully agree...

But when you are sharing a crowed public space is it not considered polite to accomodate a little?

I'm not expecting this from a three month old baby that's hungry but grown men can choose to not be comfortable for a second in order to show that they actually respect other people's private space, can't they?

Is it really that much of an issue? Or is it the fact that it has to be told because society is lacking more and more in social skills?

I'm really not getting the whole issue but then again we have no public transport in my country where signs have to be put up to remind people to be civil.

Peace
edit on 18-7-2019 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Oh gosh you read too much into that about me, I'm pretty soft and gentle, you might even think effeminate if you saw me with my female friends. But you referred to a specific situation entering an environment (a prison bus) and presenting yourself with meek body language as a coping/defensive strategy against potential rapists.
I gave you an honest answer about how I would, and have, adopted a different strategy. Sitting like a woman with legs close together looking meek is not part of it.
I wouldn't be eyeballing Bubba of course not silly, but looking intentionally submissive I'll leave up to you on that bus and see if he notices you before me πŸ˜‚

edit on 18-7-2019 by Silure because: Spelling autocorrect correction

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Silure

Oh gosh you read too much into that about me, I'm pretty soft and gentle, you might even think effeminate if you saw me with my female friends. But you referred to a specific situation entering an environment (a prison bus) and presenting yourself with meek body language as a coping/defensive strategy against potential rapists.
I gave you an honest answer about how I would, and have, adopted a different strategy. Sitting like a woman with legs close together looking meek is not part of it.
I wouldn't be eyeballing Bubba of course not silly, but looking intentionally submissive I'll leave up to you on that bus and see if he notices you before me πŸ˜‚

I apologize if I went a little overboard with my assumptions but the communication failure we seem to be having here is that I was saying nobody here would be sitting next to Bubba like this..

You'd be dead before breakfast.

You're assumption that the only alternative to this pose is a "meek" posture is incorrect. Personally I would probably sit straight with a thousand yard stare angry face trying to give the impression I'm an instable psycho who'll bite your throat if provoked...never sat on a prison bus but if it'll ever happen I'll let you know how that went.

Peace

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Lol yes! Guy in the pic is obvs being a dick though, I wouldn't sit like that anywhere, let alone a prison bus! πŸ˜‚
...but if Bubba goaded me like that with his legs sat next to me then it would be a clear challenge investigating my level of submission in the pecking order. I can't answer that one, too many variables like how many other guys on the bus may or may not back me up, that sort of thing, been in many similar situations but depends on lots of things, am I only sharing the bus not destination, etc.
I absolutely would sit with my legs naturally spread, and not adopt a knees together position intentionally though, that would be seen as weak body language for sure, even by Neanderthals like bubba πŸ‘
edit on 18-7-2019 by Silure because: Spelling autocorrect correction

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

That's different.

Obviously, she is simply protecting herself from obvious creepers.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 03:15 PM
link   
My grandmothers generation (born 1908) fought hard for a woman's right to vote and enter into legally binding contracts w/o a man's approval or signature.

This generation is fighting for ridiculous torture chairs and criminal prosecution for micro transgressions. We've reached peak internet.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac
Better title:
"Wretched Bitch wins award for least comfortable chair"

what is wrong with these people?

Hell yes, best direct & to the point description of it.

Although I'd chick-spread the hell out of it. That narrow front? Just allows me to hang my thighs over the edges and chick-spread anyway. I imagine at least some guys would, too.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 05:15 PM
link   

To some degree, but the people talking about women and their bags also have a point. I don't have that issue because I prefer to carry everything I need in a small wallet attached to my keys whenever possible, and when I can't, I carry a small over the shoulder bag with everything else. But some women carry the equivalent of a small suitcase with them everywhere and that takes up as much space as any man spreading ever will.
edit on 18-7-2019 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 05:17 PM
link   
And honestly, the smug, self-righteous look on her face in that picture just makes me not like her. Am I alone in that reaction?

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join