It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman designs chair to end manspreading

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: oloufo

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: LSU2018
a reply to: oloufo

You should ask for a Safe Space subforum so you don't have to see all the meanies on here that don't think like you.

no thanks, its fun to watch real man crying because of some chairs. its sort of reassuring.

Real men only cry if;

1. Their leg is caught in a bear trap
2. Their dog's leg is caught in a bear trap
3. Target has a 50% off sale on all fabrics

4. their gun is caught in a bear trap

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: DBCowboy

Hey, what about rednecks? It's not our fault we're born without tear ducts!

Bigot!

TheRedneck

5. If your truck is caught in a bear trap.

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Or she could design something more useful to the human race, if that is even possible in today's world. This subject may be the new frontier.

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime

Designers create and production companies use these designs to create new stuff.

And the stuff they create is usually of lesser quality than the prototype... mass production works like that.

So anything they create from this design will likely fall over if anyone looks at it.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Ha ha....from The Land of The Reeeeeeeeeee!

Yip, nothing like this ever happens in the good ol' US of A.

Like I've said many times here on ATS, I've never ever met anyone remotely like the people I read about in these cases....and I don't know anyone who has.
I understand that MSM deliberately pushes these type of stories but I expect most people here to be a little more informed than most.
Yet every time a story like this appears and our colonial cousins feel obliged to comment and ridicule I realise that simply isn't so and that most people swallow this agenda driven bollocks hook, line and sinker.

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Ha ha....from The Land of The Reeeeeeeeeee!

OK, OK, you got me there... I give up. Uncle!

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Its not the design per se that gets people; its the reasoning and agenda behind the design.

The only discussion the designer has inspired is just how stupid she is and why the need for such a pointless design?

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 10:09 AM
link   
What prevents a man from configuring the chair to woman mode? A big lady with a stick standing next to it? Honor system? Shaming?

I think the design may need more work.

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 10:12 AM
link   
My god that looks uncomfortable even the people sitting in them for the pictures cant pretend there comfortable

Put this on public transportation and the first person with a back problem will slap them with a lawsuit

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 10:16 AM
link   

The reasonig and design behind these chairs is..

With my chair set I hoped to draw awareness to the act of sitting for men and women and inspire discussion around this,” 

Seeing how fast this thread got to page 4 I would argue that the award is spot on.

Peace

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

All is good.

Soon be pub o'clock and time to take the piss out of anyone and anything deemed worthy of my ridicule or ire.
Obviously in between 'several' pints, a few games of pool and listening to a few fine tunes.

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Men sit the way they sit because its natural for them to do so.

If anyone thinks otherwise then I'd say it says far more about them than it does anything else.

Why do you think men sit the way they do?
Would you care to explain the woman's reasoning behind this statement; "It came from my own experiences of men infringing on my space in public,”?

Does her desire to "draw awareness to the act of sitting for men and women" really warrant discussion?
If so please explain to me exactly why.

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Now see? That's the face you want to show in public... normal people doing normal things and having a good time doing them.

Hell, do that enough and we might just show you how to make real beer...

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 10:31 AM
link   

It got to page 4 so fast because people are laughing at her. You seem to be the only one who thinks she's the next Pablo Picasso or Leonardo da Vinci.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 10:36 AM
link   

I'm only seeing you cry about this forum. Everyone else is simply in disagreement of these left wing target chairs. Wouldn't surprise me a bit to the plethora of DNC candidates vow, during the next campaign, to put these in all public places if they win.

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Yeah, no....
More like how stupid her design actually is...
Doubly so by winning an obviously politically motivated award.

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: LSU2018

You should ask for a Safe Space subforum so you don't have to see all the meanies on here that don't think like you.

no thanks, its fun to watch real man crying because of some chairs. its sort of reassuring.

Real men only cry if;

1. Their leg is caught in a bear trap
2. Their dog's leg is caught in a bear trap
3. Target has a 50% off sale on all fabrics

4. their gun is caught in a bear trap

How do you get your gun caught in a bear trap? How about our 4x4 big trucks? What if we get those caught in a bear trap? Or I know, the border wall. What if we get the border wall stuck in a bear trap?

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

It got to page 4 so fast because people are laughing at her. You seem to be the only one who thinks she's the next Pablo Picasso or Leonardo da Vinci.

TheRedneck

That's a way of twisting words...nice.

I said your attempt at ridiculing design was comparible to somebody not understanding abstract art.

Design, art...you may like it or not but ridiculing it is still ignorant.

Peace

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: Boadicea

Most men dont manspread.
Most men will give up their seat for a lady.
Most men respect women.

Unfortunately men today are painted with broad strokes in a negative light.
That puts them on the defensive from garbage like these chairs.

I used to be that "most men" you refer too but not anymore! They want equality they got it! They (wamen) killed chivalry!

Unless they are wearing a tell that lets me know they are not of the Marxist Zed variety, I will keep my ass planted firmly on the seat and watch them froth at the mouth that I won't recognize them as a female and give up my seat for them to relax a few moments.

They asked for equality they got it!

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 10:49 AM
link   
FFS, what a load of horsesh#t, this woman time would be better spent making sammies

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join