It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman designs chair to end manspreading

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 09:12 AM
link   
She won an award for this?

It looks like something I threw together out back of my shop in an hour. No, wait, I think given a whole hour I could do better.

What's next, Nobel prizes for tinkertoy creations?

I'm sorry, but the UK no longer qualifies as a first-world country... not that we're not far behind them...

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hecate666
I noticed a lot of generalisation against women again.

Me too.

May I just remind everybody that the vast majority of women in the world don't give a flying damn about manspreading.

I'll second that. In fact, I'll take it a step further and add that most women understand that men need a little more breathing room than women to accommodate their anatomy. The problem is when some men take more room than they need and infringe on those around them. Not ALL men... SOME men.

No one should sit in a manner that invades the next chair, men women or monkeys, sit in your chair, I am not such a human loving person that I enjoy touching a stranger next to me.

Exactly. Taking up too much space is the problem, not the sex of the person doing so.

What irks me is the blatant hate for women lately. It's rarely the one in question, no it's always 'women do this, women do that...' it grows a bit tedious and makes me think that a lot of men had too much oestrogen from their drinking water and are turning into sad beta males that just want to bitch for the sake of it.

Well said. Even as men cry NAMALT!!! -- "not all men are like this" -- they vilify and condemn ALL women for the ridiculousness of the few.

I know no women who find this chair appropriate. But maybe I keep cleverer company than some.

Indeed

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 09:16 AM
link   
When will the 'Eunuch 2000' be available for purchase?

Asking for a friend.

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Beta males and lesbians everywhere will LOVE the design changes! The lesbians can now sit like the men they long to be, and the beta males can sit like the women they long to be. LOL at winning an award for the reverse sexism. I'd laugh if I had to sit in a chair like that, these bitches don't own my nuts and I'm not crushing them just to please some minority of scumbag women.

link   
You know the modern feminist is fascinating to me.

Women in Saudi Arabia are treated as literal property, women in Africa are subjected to horrific genital mutilation, women in Southeast Asia are kidnapped and sold into sexual slavery by the thousands...

But nope, lets focus on this made up problem, that could be solved with an "excuse me, can you move a little?"

link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I'm sorry, but the UK no longer qualifies as a first-world country...

And you were doing so well up to this point....

That's just as stupid as the reason this woman gave for her ridiculous invention.

link   

Yeah but you didn't....just sayin

That's like looking at a Picasso and saying your 4 year old could have done that.

Peace

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

You guys were doling good too... but you went and gave an award for innovation to someone for inventing something that looks like a 5-year old kid built it and which no one wants.

Consider it tough love. Come back to the light!

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime

You seriously didn't just compare a tinkertoy chair to a Picasso?

I honestly don't know what to say to that!

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Most men dont manspread.
Most men will give up their seat for a lady.
Most men respect women.

Unfortunately men today are painted with broad strokes in a negative light.
That puts them on the defensive from garbage like these chairs.

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: Hecate666

What irks me is the blatant hate for women lately.

I don't hate women, far from it.
And I don't think the vast majority of men do.

What we hate is women who are spreading this hateful, PC driven, anti-men, all men are bastards bull#.
For some reason there seems to be a hell of a lot of it about these days.

Maybe I didn't mean you. It is clear who I meant by their posts. See how generalisation affects innocent people and how awkward it is?
It isn't just this post or this website, everywhere there are little incels digging their sad hatred into everything as long as they can moan about how bad wimmins are.

Sadly they might drag some innocent males into agreeing. I know that there are decent, clever males who don't generalise [I am married to one and there are some on ATS too]. It's just a bit nauseating lately that the man boob brigade is putting down all women constantly when decent gals are very much existent.
All they do with their bitching is that the few that would have gone out with them might also get pissed off with their attitude.

In the same way that it is not right for women to generalise about 'all men do this and that'. When a woman does that, I always stand up for men. I just sometimes like to see that happen when it's the other way round.
For a change...

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 09:26 AM
link   

It's not really showing class if something that you don't understand or feel threatened by is ridiculed.

What part of:

"“With my chair set I hoped to draw awareness to the act of sitting for men and women and inspire discussion around this,” 

Trigger you so much?

Peace

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

It looks like something I threw together out back of my shop in an hour. No, wait, I think given a whole hour I could do better.

I bet you could... even while drunk and half asleep! Those are the ugliest chairs I've ever seen... whatever their purpose.

I'm sorry, but the UK no longer qualifies as a first-world country... not that we're not far behind them...

That's a whole 'nother thread!

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Manspreading Chair?

I love how they always promote secularism and beat up the men. There are quite of few beastie sized girls today who also spread and takeover a mans space so that chair could go unisex. Good idea

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 09:30 AM
link   
The main issue I have with this is that those chairs look like crap. How do you even sit on them without doing yourself a mischief?

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 09:30 AM
link   

ATS is becoming more and more a kindergarden. So many tears, so much fear and confusion. Maybe it should be renamed in CBB = Crybaby.

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: Hecate666

It's nothing more than a response to todays treatment of men.

Mansplaining
Manspreading
Toxic masculinity

Broad generalizations will result in generalizations about broads.

Yeah, I am sure you actually believe that ALL women use those above words constantly and that's why you can let loose without actually thinking it through.
Your answer is actually a really good example of what I meant.
It's not very clever.
I always stand up for men if a woman on the internet or in real life slags off 'all men', seriously, it's one of my pet hates, they get both barrels!

Maybe I am more of a [gentle]man as a woman, than those women hating wet blankets calling themselves men. Pfff

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 09:32 AM
link   
This is so stupid... The pictures of the guys in the chair look like they are shamed. Not cool.

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: operation mindcrime

It's not really showing class if something that you don't understand or feel threatened by is ridiculed.

What part of:

"“With my chair set I hoped to draw awareness to the act of sitting for men and women and inspire discussion around this,” 

Trigger you so much?

Peace

Not agreeing with something isn't equivalent to being triggered. Yet another misused word like bigot and racist. Attacking people for their views, protesting someone's house for their views, protesting a business or company over the views of someone you don't like, screaming as loud as you can because someone you don't like was able to win, holding a prop of a chopped off head because you don't like that your side was defeated.... Those are people that are triggered. Can you stop using words in the wrong context now?

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: Boadicea

Most men dont manspread.
Most men will give up their seat for a lady.
Most men respect women.

Agreed.

And most women didn't invent these chairs... and most women don't complain about manspreading... and most women respect men.

Unfortunately men today are painted with broad strokes in a negative light.
That puts them on the defensive from garbage like these chairs.

And, likewise, unfortunately women today are also painted with broad strokes in a negative light. And that puts them on the defensive.

By design. Divide-and-conquer.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join