It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman designs chair to end manspreading

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Necrobile

Youre tying to use logic to understand an illogical issue.

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 08:43 AM
link   
With all the ridicules crap going on in human society these days, it makes becoming a disconnected hermit really appealing.

On the one hand we are supposed to not only except but celebrate any sexual orientation imaginable including whatever gender people feel most comfortable with, yet men have to keep the package restrained and resist their natural tendencies to be comfortable while sitting in public - by design no less.

Why don't they just make a law to have our junk removed and get it over with already. Even that will never be enough for the radical progressive left though, I'm sure they will have more crap to shame men for even if we are all eunuchs. Next thing you'll hear about is how offensive facial hair is and then every masculine trait they can think of. Control freaks with a huge chip on their shoulders that will never be happy even if the whole world becomes a freak side show made to their order.

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: Necrobile

Youre tying to use logic to understand an illogical issue.

Touché. You'd think I'd stop trying to do that nowadays.

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

What about women who have penis's?

She's obviously not inclusive and anti-trans.

"Off with her head!"

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Outrageous!
She's making men cook their sperm.
Manspreading is nature's testicular ventilation system.

link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Yes mate, it is in England....University of Brighton to be exact.
Anyone familiar with Brighton will know why this should come as no surprise!

Still this PC nonsense isn't unique to the UK, far from it, and things like this are happening throughout the 'western' world.

link   
a reply to: Freeborn

On Twitter, where the woke Twitterati can spread this bull# and be validated for it.

link   

The chair is designed in a manner that men have to sit with their legs close together while women can adjust their chair to sit with theirs wider apart.

How does the chair know the sex of the person sitting in it.

The trans group will have issues. "It thinks I am a man." "It thinks I am a woman."

Maybe this will be measure. Sit in this chair so we can determine your sex, sir/madam.
edit on 7/17/2019 by roadgravel because: typo

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I noticed a lot of generalisation against women again. May I just remind everybody that the vast majority of women in the world don't give a flying damn about manspreading.
No one should sit in a manner that invades the next chair, men women or monkeys, sit in your chair, I am not such a human loving person that I enjoy touching a stranger next to me.
I would welcome seats with arm rests that neatly divide them all, but that is just me, others may get their only human contact out of this. I am not so keen.

What irks me is the blatant hate for women lately. It's rarely the one in question, no it's always 'women do this, women do that...' it grows a bit tedious and makes me think that a lot of men had too much oestrogen from their drinking water and are turning into sad beta males that just want to bitch for the sake of it.

I know no women who find this chair appropriate. But maybe I keep cleverer company than some.

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Yup, we have Berkeley..

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

Maybe this will be measure. Sit in this chair so we can determine your sex, sir/madam.

It's like that hat in the Harry Potter movies.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

It's nothing more than a response to todays treatment of men.

Mansplaining
Manspreading
Toxic masculinity

Broad generalizations will result in generalizations about broads.

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

What irks me is the blatant hate for women lately.

I don't hate women, far from it.
And I don't think the vast majority of men do.

What we hate is women who are spreading this hateful, PC driven, anti-men, all men are bastards bull#.
For some reason there seems to be a hell of a lot of it about these days.

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: roadgravel

It's like that hat in the Harry Potter movies.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Good observation. This sounds like something that will actually happen.

You have the right to remain unseated. If you do take a seat, it can be used against you.

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 09:09 AM
link   
"Woman designs chair to end male comfort and fertility." - A more apt title.

I like nothing more than sitting down in an uncomfortable chair and squishing my balls. /sarcasm

I think the biggest issue is how we are defining "manspreading". There are men who take up a ridiculous amount of space by spreading their legs apart as wide as possible as if they have a pair of 80 lbs kettle balls between their legs. There are also men who sit down with their legs slightly spread because it is simply more comfortable. This chair forces the man to sit with their knees almost touching, which I don't know about any other man, but this would be extremely uncomfortable for me. If my knees were that close together I'd be squishing the franks and beans, if you catch my drift.

"No sir, I don't like it" - Horse from Ren and Stimpy

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 09:10 AM
link   
So non-gender specific public bathrooms are celebrated...and gender-specific seats win awards.

If men and women are forced to sit on the same public toilet...they can certainly sit on the same public bus seat.

link   
Wait I read this as:

"“With my chair set I hoped to draw awareness to the act of sitting for men and women and inspire discussion around this,” 

Why does everybody feel so attacked by a concept that is created to inspire discussion?

I didn't get the part where she is suggesting men should be forced to sit with their legs together...

Manspreading is, if I get it correctly, spreading your legs so far on public transport that you block the next seat.

Personally I think it is as rude as placing your bag on the next seat and finding a solution through thought provocting design is worthy of an award...I guess.

Peace
edit on 17-7-2019 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

link   
What would happen is the men would sit in the woman's chair and the women in the men's chair.

Personally i prefer chairs that don't require me to squish my manhood, frankly. I quite like them intact.

Also seems obvious to me that Brighton University is getting a little too much in funding if they can afford to blow money on nonsense like this.

link   
So she got an award for "designing" a chair with led stops? I wander how long it took her to come up with the idea?

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat
So she got an award for "designing" a chair with led stops? I wander how long it took her to come up with the idea?

Probably had her boyfriend help her while she was making sandwiches.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join