It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman designs chair to end manspreading

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Do gay men feel misandry less?

Debatable, but yeah we actually do feel it more.

Society says you have to treat every woman like a princess.
Even if some of them are nasty trolls.

But the expectation is, you must be even nicer than regular men.

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 03:57 PM
link   
dumbest thing ever.....and i didnt see any men in those videos. i seen skinny jean , man bun , femdom "men" who do whatever their female counterparts tell them to.

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Ships -yeah reaming below deck for months and months.

Only the elite go on board.

You're doing what?
I guess what humans need to do.

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: namehere
a reply to: Creep Thumper

always blaming men yet every one of those things were the ideas of women, men never cared about makeup, corsets or sitting positions, it's always been women overthinking things and making it a competition between themselves over who looks better, men didn't force that on women.

women always had a choice but they just never took the opportunity until more recently, because the truth is that men will do anything for women if they ask, if they just say it.

You don't know your history. How old are you?

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Creep Thumper
When you think about the physical biology of both sexes, it's the women who should be "relaxing".

Oh so many un-PC jokes right there. SO many.

1. Why should women have to suck it it up & sit uncomfortably just to make you happy? Are you a closet sadist?

We don't sit on external genitals, and the labia don't count as painful or uncomfortable to sit on. Try again, Sam.

1. When you invade other people's space you are forcing those around you to sit uncomfortably to accommodate you. This is just plain rude.

Then I suggest you start with the rude women who haven't grown up yet & hog seats with saddlebag purses and the like placed squarely in the middle of seats like they're planting a territory flag. And don't forget the fat people hogging personal space when their cup runneth over the confines of the seat. Those two are a much bigger space hog problem, not men in general.

Who's the sadist here . . .

Still you, sweetcheeks.

2. Everyone wants to be comfortable but, in crowded situations, it is courteous for everyone to be a bit uncomfortable. Don't you think?

So what's your proposal for dealing with women & their territorial purses, and fat people then?

And, it is women who have been forced for centuries to assume unnatural and uncomfortable positions for the sake of what men thought was proper.

Cry me a river. This is 2019, crying about centuries old crap we don't do anymore is the weakest argument feminists have.

And, from a hygienic standpoint, women actually need more "airflow" to maintain the health of that particular piece of anatomy.

Not direct airflow, the airflow implied is breathability in underwear primarily, and looseness in pants to facilitate that air exchange between the layers. Go ahead, talk to me like I've never paid attention to the science on this one again.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 02:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColoradoJens

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

originally posted by: Bluntone22
After all these years a woman finally came up with a solution to a nonexistent problem.

"Woman Wins Design Award For Anti-Manspreading Chair"

"It came from my own experiences of men infringing on my space in public,” the 23-year old said upon receiving the Belmond Award at New Designers in London."

Apparently this young lady was upset that men were crowding her but didnt seem to mind the huge fricken purses and shopping bags other women use to take up to seats on public transit.

"The chair is designed in a manner that men have to sit with their legs close together while women can adjust their chair to sit with theirs wider apart."

So femspreading is fine?

She actually won a design award for this..

"The panel of judges described her work as 'a bold, purpose-driven design that explores the important role of design in informing space, a person's behaviour and society issues of today'."

The chairs are pictured on the link site.
I have made furniture including chairs and benches and can say without hesitation that both the Male and female versions of her chairs are not ergonomically comfortable. The flat level seat is a back killer.

I guarantee that her win was entirely political in nature or the rest of the entries were complete garbage.

She should have figured out how to snuff the cologne and perfume people wear.
Much bigger issue.

Maybe her next step will be to design 200+ chairs for all the other genders.
And this does raise a question, what about a converting transgender that wants to display their previously unexposed testicular area?

Another question might be does this constitute body shaming? If I tell a fat woman she takes up to much space I'm a jerk but if a guy has large genetalia and needs some room hes the jerk.
Hardly seems fair.

www.whimn.com.au...

By god I'm triggered!!!

What say you?

All good points but this one is the best. "Another question might be does this constitute body shaming? If I tell a fat woman she takes up to much space I'm a jerk but if a guy has large genetalia and needs some room hes the jerk.
Hardly seems fair."

If anyone disagrees please do explain your reasoning

Because like 47 people care about this. Grow a pair. No one cares but you

Good argument, you win.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 04:34 AM
link   
How about just put these chairs in special transportation vehicles for people like Creep Thumper to sit as femininely as they want? Will this make you happy? To finally sit without any crazy Gender studies major staring at you for spreading your legs.

I can't even bring myself to even type this idiotic 'manspreading' term. Whoops just did it. Anyone who obsesses over this should have his brain checked.
edit on 22-7-2019 by 1337Kph because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 09:00 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 01:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
Please explain how this isn't grossly sexist...anyone?

1. Because your generation gave way to all this dumb stuff
2. Because she knows you all will twist your panties over it and she likes it so much she designed it specifically to trigger you guys

3. Because knowing how you will react will make her money! Because, as you should know by now, you created people like her through your own weaknesses and now you pay the price

But i guess you will find a way to disagree. It's cool, is just we live on different times and you are confused and disgusted about the world you created, but can't control anymore

I wish i could explain it more but i'm not really interested.

Let's just say that parents (mostly old millennials) will put up the money to make this a real thing

If you are in your 40's or so, below the 44 age i think, you may be a millennial anyways, so don't go in that direction LMFAO

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 02:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Malisa
Lmao, I didn't realise this thread was still going 👍
Off topic ish, but the seating that pisses me of most is the dividers my municipal government have put on park benches so homeless people can't sleep on them. I mean come on, that is pretty cold hearted.

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 02:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Silure
Lmao, I didn't realise this thread was still going 👍
Off topic ish, but the seating that pisses me of most is the dividers my municipal government have put on park benches so homeless people can't sleep on them. I mean come on, that is pretty cold hearted.

You should pst a pic of that, Hard to say otherwise lol :p

I just found it funny how people here reacted to an obvious troll in the international market

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 02:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Silure

Off topic ish reply, One could argue that it is pretty cold hearted to allow a society to get to the point where people have to sleep on park benches.

Peace

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 02:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: operation mindcrime
a reply to: Silure

Off topic ish reply, One could argue that it is pretty cold hearted to allow a society to get to the point where people have to sleep on park benches.

Peace

So the entire world is a cold hearted society? LMAO

I get what you're saying but no gov works like that so far

For them, It's probably better to force them to run away to old abandoned buildings or out of the city so they can die alone out of town where no one can see them and therefore bring a new shiny aspect to the city

edit on 28-7-2019 by Malisa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Way off topic ish....

In all honesty my government doesn't work like that. I know welfare state is a scary word around here but we don't scare homeless people away so we don't have to see them suffer..we try to help them.

Peace

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 03:46 AM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime

Way more off topic ish, to be fair, the hostel shelter provision is really good here, except for people off their head on drugs or drink, they get food and clothing/blankets but don't get a bed for the night, but if they turn up sober they do.

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 03:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: operation mindcrime

Way off topic ish....

In all honesty my government doesn't work like that. I know welfare state is a scary word around here but we don't scare homeless people away so we don't have to see them suffer..we try to help them.

Peace

So you're not on the US, right?

Can't find any other explanation to how you say your government works

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Just riding the boards on my moral high horse being critical of you guys. J/k...

But things like desiger awards for manspreading chairs and how everone reacts has in essence everything to do with it.

America, I believe, is preoccupied with more pressing issues to be fine tuning it's society to this level where seating in public transport is considered a social issue that deserves attention.

Peace

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Your entire post is predicated on whether your assumptions of who I am are correct.

Your post is among the dumbest posts on ATS. You should feel good about that. It's an accomplishment.

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Doubtful.

Nobody is buying the chair.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 12:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

Your entire post is predicated on whether your assumptions of who I am are correct.

Your post is among the dumbest posts on ATS. You should feel good about that. It's an accomplishment.

Typical response of someone butt hurt

I reply based on your comments on the dumb chair, you were clear about what you think. If you don't like to expose your own dumbness then lie instead. I assume you were honest but maybe you are just full of it and butt hurt at the same time, who knows...

You don't gain anything by acting like a butt hurt kid. Insulting me for exposing the lame attitude doesn't make you anything but more lame

And yes you were had badly and your actions when you saw that chair is the actual dumbest thing ever, is not my fault you look ridiculously offended by something that got created precisely for that purpose.

I feel ashamed of having to explain dumb stuff like this to people like you
edit on 29-7-2019 by Malisa because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-7-2019 by Malisa because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join