It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman designs chair to end manspreading

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Creep Thumper

Some men...certainly.

It disturbs me no more to find men base, unjust, or selfish than to see apes mischievous, wolves savage, or the vulture ravenous.

*Jean-Paul Sartre

It is generally regarded as unsophisticated.

Whatever...if your testicals are in that much need for space maybe buy two traintickets...seems more fair.

Peace

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Steps for winning a design award.

Take existing design.
Turn 45 degrees
Add a little righteous superiority
Profit

Also adding a random 2x4 to an existing design also is noteworthy.

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

This has to be utilization of FB and social media ad business model where they come up with some idiotic thing then make it a binary issue to polarized people in order to get a reaction which translate into ad clicks and revenue.

Not even the left could be this idiotic , hypocritical or vengeful.

We are really at a stage that things have gotten so stupid that we need to stop and see if they are just pranking us.

edit on 22731America/ChicagoFri, 19 Jul 2019 12:22:24 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Q :

Where on earth do these people live?

A : I would venture to guess.... Libtardland or perhaps Helltopia

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 03:30 PM
link   

the way that chair is designed - i would spread my legs even FURTHER apart to take advantage of those short sides LMAO

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Just makes me want to man spread so hard I get a double groin strain from it, happy to endure the pain to see their minds explode!

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Creep Thumper
When you think about the physical biology of both sexes, it's the women who should be "relaxing".

I think this little invention is pretty slick. Suck it up, boys.

Why should guys have to suck it it up & sit uncomfortably just to make you happy? Are you a closet sadist?
The way they sit doesn't bother me, I sit like a guy because it's infinitely more comfortable on the back & hip joints than the knees-together stick-up-the-ass prim & proper crap is. I don't even cross at the ankles, that's uncomfortable -- I cross ankle over knee. That's COMFORTABLE. Those are very natural positions for sitting comfortably.

I imagine for the half of the species that has to contend with sitting on their external organs, it's probably a lot more comfortable to spread out a bit than mash the jewels to appease a random seating-obsessed harpy.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: Creep Thumper
When you think about the physical biology of both sexes, it's the women who should be "relaxing".

I think this little invention is pretty slick. Suck it up, boys.

1. Why should women have to suck it it up & sit uncomfortably just to make you happy? Are you a closet sadist?

2. . . . infinitely more comfortable on the back & hip joints than the knees-together stick-up-the-ass prim & proper crap is. That's COMFORTABLE. Those are very natural positions for sitting comfortably.

3. I imagine for the half of the species that has to contend with sitting on their external organs, it's probably a lot more comfortable to spread out a bit than mash the jewels to appease a random seating-obsessed harpy.

1. When you invade other people's space you are forcing those around you to sit uncomfortably to accommodate you. This is just plain rude.

Who's the sadist here . . .

2. Everyone wants to be comfortable but, in crowded situations, it is courteous for everyone to be a bit uncomfortable. Don't you think?

3. See #2.

And, it is women who have been forced for centuries to assume unnatural and uncomfortable positions for the sake of what men thought was proper.

And, from a hygienic standpoint, women actually need more "airflow" to maintain the health of that particular piece of anatomy.
edit on 7/20/2019 by Creep Thumper because: GRAMMAR.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Out with the manholes and in with the manspreading!! Sorry guys no "spreading manholes" or anything of that nature. Just sit there and stay closed!

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Oh, so that what "manspreading" is?

I thought it's what this sicko once did to a sandwich in high-school, and he gave it to someone everybody despised.
Let's just say he put on extra mayonnaise and spread it with a butter knife.
She later got sick (apparently the story filtered back to her) and was taken home, although he never got in trouble for it, although most of the school knew what he did after a few hours (at least most of the male pupils, and a few of the girls).
I can only surmise that Christian National education was so uptight about sexuality, and it was so taboo, that even the teachers rather ignored it.
It was just unmentionable.
But yeah that is gross and should be banned.

But anyway, I first thought that's what "manspreading" meant.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Now if she could only invent some Anti-Camel Toe pants. So offensive.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I wonder, do plants have manspreading?

Somebody should stop it!

Next thing we have seeds in most of vegan and vegetarian food!

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 05:44 PM
link   
But women these days, I must be honest ...

I'm not saying all women, but I sometimes feel the tipping point has gone too far.

Some women can behave like absolute lunatics, and others can sit on their fat bums and lie about you.

It has come to a point where your reputation as a male has become completely arbitrary to the whims of a woman.
Be she mentally disturbed or not.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 09:16 PM
link   

The males using the chair in the article look like pathetic, effeminate hipsters. While I encourage women to spread when the urge hits them, I am amused at the SJW cries of rage against normal men. We won... all I can say there, when your critics delve into ridiculousness and foolishness like this, they have openly admitted defeat.

GD

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Ugh. Why cant people just not be assholes. Not be butthurt over stupid #, and just act like adults. 10 years from now, no one will believe how ridiculous things got.

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 12:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
After all these years a woman finally came up with a solution to a nonexistent problem.

"Woman Wins Design Award For Anti-Manspreading Chair"

"It came from my own experiences of men infringing on my space in public,” the 23-year old said upon receiving the Belmond Award at New Designers in London."

Apparently this young lady was upset that men were crowding her but didnt seem to mind the huge fricken purses and shopping bags other women use to take up to seats on public transit.

"The chair is designed in a manner that men have to sit with their legs close together while women can adjust their chair to sit with theirs wider apart."

So femspreading is fine?

She actually won a design award for this..

"The panel of judges described her work as 'a bold, purpose-driven design that explores the important role of design in informing space, a person's behaviour and society issues of today'."

The chairs are pictured on the link site.
I have made furniture including chairs and benches and can say without hesitation that both the Male and female versions of her chairs are not ergonomically comfortable. The flat level seat is a back killer.

I guarantee that her win was entirely political in nature or the rest of the entries were complete garbage.

She should have figured out how to snuff the cologne and perfume people wear.
Much bigger issue.

Maybe her next step will be to design 200+ chairs for all the other genders.
And this does raise a question, what about a converting transgender that wants to display their previously unexposed testicular area?

Another question might be does this constitute body shaming? If I tell a fat woman she takes up to much space I'm a jerk but if a guy has large genetalia and needs some room hes the jerk.
Hardly seems fair.

www.whimn.com.au...

By god I'm triggered!!!

What say you?

All good points but this one is the best. "Another question might be does this constitute body shaming? If I tell a fat woman she takes up to much space I'm a jerk but if a guy has large genetalia and needs some room hes the jerk.
Hardly seems fair."

If anyone disagrees please do explain your reasoning

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 01:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

originally posted by: Bluntone22
After all these years a woman finally came up with a solution to a nonexistent problem.

"Woman Wins Design Award For Anti-Manspreading Chair"

"It came from my own experiences of men infringing on my space in public,” the 23-year old said upon receiving the Belmond Award at New Designers in London."

Apparently this young lady was upset that men were crowding her but didnt seem to mind the huge fricken purses and shopping bags other women use to take up to seats on public transit.

"The chair is designed in a manner that men have to sit with their legs close together while women can adjust their chair to sit with theirs wider apart."

So femspreading is fine?

She actually won a design award for this..

"The panel of judges described her work as 'a bold, purpose-driven design that explores the important role of design in informing space, a person's behaviour and society issues of today'."

The chairs are pictured on the link site.
I have made furniture including chairs and benches and can say without hesitation that both the Male and female versions of her chairs are not ergonomically comfortable. The flat level seat is a back killer.

I guarantee that her win was entirely political in nature or the rest of the entries were complete garbage.

She should have figured out how to snuff the cologne and perfume people wear.
Much bigger issue.

Maybe her next step will be to design 200+ chairs for all the other genders.
And this does raise a question, what about a converting transgender that wants to display their previously unexposed testicular area?

Another question might be does this constitute body shaming? If I tell a fat woman she takes up to much space I'm a jerk but if a guy has large genetalia and needs some room hes the jerk.
Hardly seems fair.

www.whimn.com.au...

By god I'm triggered!!!

What say you?

All good points but this one is the best. "Another question might be does this constitute body shaming? If I tell a fat woman she takes up to much space I'm a jerk but if a guy has large genetalia and needs some room hes the jerk.
Hardly seems fair."

If anyone disagrees please do explain your reasoning

Because like 47 people care about this. Grow a pair. No one cares but you
edit on 21-7-2019 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 10:54 AM
link   
You walk into any given place that is made for sitting and you see gobs and gobs of empty space and a bunch of chairs all crammed together in one little spot. Nobody would have any excuse for caring how you sit if the chairs weren't literally touching for no reason.

Possibly on a bus or a train or something there's a reason to bicker over personal space instead of blaming the idiot who designed the thing.

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Creep Thumper

always blaming men yet every one of those things were the ideas of women, men never cared about makeup, corsets or sitting positions, it's always been women overthinking things and making it a competition between themselves over who looks better, men didn't force that on women.

women always had a choice but they just never took the opportunity until more recently, because the truth is that men will do anything for women if they ask, if they just say it.

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 03:47 PM
link   
But as a gay man you and women should be great chums.

Sometimes yes, but at other times - I feel like an old handbag.

Like a fashion accessory.

You don't really want to know me, you're just dragging me along.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join