It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman designs chair to end manspreading

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 08:13 AM
link   
After all these years a woman finally came up with a solution to a nonexistent problem.

"Woman Wins Design Award For Anti-Manspreading Chair"

"It came from my own experiences of men infringing on my space in public,” the 23-year old said upon receiving the Belmond Award at New Designers in London."

Apparently this young lady was upset that men were crowding her but didnt seem to mind the huge fricken purses and shopping bags other women use to take up to seats on public transit.

"The chair is designed in a manner that men have to sit with their legs close together while women can adjust their chair to sit with theirs wider apart."

So femspreading is fine?

She actually won a design award for this..

"The panel of judges described her work as 'a bold, purpose-driven design that explores the important role of design in informing space, a person's behaviour and society issues of today'."

The chairs are pictured on the link site.
I have made furniture including chairs and benches and can say without hesitation that both the Male and female versions of her chairs are not ergonomically comfortable. The flat level seat is a back killer.

I guarantee that her win was entirely political in nature or the rest of the entries were complete garbage.

She should have figured out how to snuff the cologne and perfume people wear.
Much bigger issue.

Maybe her next step will be to design 200+ chairs for all the other genders.
And this does raise a question, what about a converting transgender that wants to display their previously unexposed testicular area?

Another question might be does this constitute body shaming? If I tell a fat woman she takes up to much space I'm a jerk but if a guy has large genetalia and needs some room hes the jerk.
Hardly seems fair.

www.whimn.com.au...

By god I'm triggered!!!

What say you?
edit on 17-7-2019 by Bluntone22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 08:18 AM
link   
If you don't love this chair........

Then you are sexist!!!!

I am throwing around labels today.

+35 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Better title:
"Wretched Bitch wins award for least comfortable chair"

what is wrong with these people?

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 08:20 AM
link   
"Man spreading........"

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL.

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

Today I will collect the labels like little girls collect stickers..

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 08:21 AM
link   
These people really are crazy.. aren't they?

Do they have nothing better to think about then if a man opens his legs when he sits? Apparently not.
edit on 17-7-2019 by MRinder because: Spelling

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

What about Femspreading or Bagspreading?

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 08:25 AM
link   

My quess is that she would prefer to just neuter men because she has a bad case of penis envy.

link   
a reply to: grey580

Where else will she carry the sandwiches?

link   
a reply to: grey580

I mentioned those in my post.
I assume since women do that its acceptable to her.

+8 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Please explain how this isn't grossly sexist...anyone?

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
Please explain how this isn't grossly sexist...anyone?

For the same reason blacks cant be racist.
Women cant be sexist.

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Is this for real?

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 08:36 AM
link   

This whole concept is just flat out stupid and anyone who agrees with it is a moron. It just raises a bunch of questions that really shouldn't be answered, let alone even asked:

1. Who is this designed for?? Nobody will buy it for their homes, no sensible business owner would ever put these in their business, the only "logical" place I can imagine these for is public transportation and even then it'll just raise a whole slew of issues.

2. Are we ok with segregation again?? Rather than blacks sitting in the back of the bus, it'll now be men?? So we're ok with going back to those days?? Weren't people against MAGA because they felt like it was a call back to racial segregation, yet we're aiming for gender segregation??

3. Will there be punishments for those sitting in the wrong seats?? Say all the male seats are taken and there's plenty of female seats, will they then seek tickets and/or jailtime for men sitting in the open seats?? What if all the female seats are taken, will a woman be in as much trouble if they sit in the male seat??

4. Like others have pointed out, what about femspreading?? They carry so much crap that they can occupy way more than their own share of space. Will they still be allowed to do that?? What happens if their stuff is on a male seat and a male asks to sit there and she refuses to move her stuff??

5. Why are the female seats allowing them to spread?? Why not just make the seats the same for everyone?? Besides tomboys, pretty much every other woman I've known don't like spreading their legs in public like the woman pictured in the article. They already get enough attention as it is, no need to spread open their legs to get more unwanted attention.

Last, but not least, though very important to ask......

6. Wtf is wrong with people??

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac
Better title:
"Wretched Bitch wins award for least comfortable chair"

what is wrong with these people?

LOLOLOLOL!!! EXACTLY!!

This chick can...KISS MY GOODY SACK!!

I'll sit how I damn well please, and if she don't like it she can pick up all her crap and MOVE her pussy-hat wearin', sky-screamin', ass to another fooking seat!

Screw these psycho chicks!!!
edit on 7/17/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Telos
Is this for real?

Unfortunately yes...

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 08:39 AM
link   
You took a picture of the wrong bag.

Men's pelves are shaped different from women. The only parts of the human skeleton from which sex can be accurately determined are the pelvis and the orbits (eye sockets). Looking at a human skeleton, you can gauge how many pregnancies a woman had carried in her life, due to the changes to her bones surrounding the womb.

Can I sit in the comfy chair if I identify as a woman???

How about if I identify as a woman with a giant Johnsonville bratwurst?

Land of the free. let freedom swing, baby.

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Belmond Award?

Shouldn't that read: Bell-End Award?

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Graysen

She is not in the United states.
It's in england.

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 08:42 AM
link   
What a load of absolute bollocks.

"Men infringing on her public space" - is there no end to this madness?

If she doesn't like looking at men's tackle then simply don't #ing look.
I've never known a man knowingly sit with his legs wide apart in order for women to look at his package.
Sorry, its NATURAL for men to sit like that....frigging idiot!

The next thing is they'll be complaining about men staring at women's crotches.....

But then again couldn't it be argued in the interests of equality women sitting with their legs apart could be construed as 'women infringing on men's public space'?

I'm sick of reading about all this bull#.

MSM seems inundated with this crap yet I've yet to come across anything like this in real life or anyone who thinks like this.
Where on earth do these people live?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join