It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Medium is Propagating Electromagnetic Waves?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

Again. I can transmit a signal from the earth to the moon with no requirements for a “medium” with electromagnetic radiation because electromagnetic radiation is self propagating and requires no “medium”.

According to NASA and other sources it requires electrical and magnetic fields to propagate. You really think you are lobbing particles of radio at the moon? You are exciting an already existing field and creating a disturbance of the field that propagates through the field.
edit on 18-7-2019 by AntonGonist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: AntonGonist

According to NASA and other sources it requires electrical and magnetic fields to propagate

Hence radiation like an X-ray is electromagnetic radiation.

The X-ray is traveling from its self supplied magnetic and electrical waves. Thus, being self propagating.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: puzzlesphere

Yes... Arbitageur explained it very clearly... depending on your frame of reference, gravity both is and isn't a force.

So you weren't right.

Angry little boy.

Gravity is most accurately described by the general theory of relativity

(proposed by Albert Einstein in 1915) which describes gravity not as a force,

Give it up emo boy.

Just because there appears to be a force from your.....limited human perspective, doesnt mean there is an actual force. Gravity is not a force according to the most accurate description. Now roll over and show me your soft underbelly.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 01:22 PM
link   

The X-ray is traveling from its self supplied magnetic and electrical waves. Thus, being self propagating.

Wow, making it up as you go along. Does it have a tank o waves? So you still ignore that there is an existing field according to science? Can you back up your fantastical episodes?

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: AntonGonist
What is spacetime?

Is EM radiation a disturbance of a field or is it not?

It's not. People get very confused when talking about fields. Simply put a field is measurement of the energy in a particular point in space. It's for math equations and not to be considered to be anything other then how to figure out energy levels.

As for gravity we are clueless as to what causes it. Arguing if it's a force etc is irrelevant until we find its cause.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Actually... scientifically it does... depending on your frame of reference.

You clearly don't understand "frame of reference", not least of which is evidenced by your discussion style. You seem incapable of considering something from someone else's perspective... and because of your inability to understand other people's views, instead of making the effort to understand, you lash out with infantile insults.

Very mature.

Angry little boy.
edit on 18-7-2019 by puzzlesphere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

As for gravity we are clueless as to what causes it. Arguing if it's a force etc is irrelevant until we find its cause.

Science sure is clueless. I wasnt arguing. I simply mentioned that gravity was a non force while I was making a completely different point. Then a bunch of ignorant, and oblivious people jumped all over it. Why dont you direct your.....energy on them?

It's not. People get very confused when talking about fields. Simply put a field is measurement of the energy in a particular point in space.

What energy? What is energy?

People get very confused

Really. People get confused when you make random general statements and act like it means something? How drole.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: puzzlesphere

Actually... scientifically it does.

No Metaphysically it does. Scientifically it doesnt. Give it up. Sport.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 01:37 PM
link   

NO... scientifically. From the frame of reference of Bond... there is a force.

Angry little boy.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Why don't you comment on the alternate theories that have been posted in your thread for discussion, instead of perpetuating infantile insults?

Angry little boy.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Wow, making it up as you go along. Does it have a tank o waves? So you still ignore that there is an existing field according to science? Can you back up your fantastical episodes?

Care to provide the definition of electromagnetic radiation.

Again. Take a given area of outer space void of mass and essential radiation free. Or create a vacuum in a shielded tank to be radiation free.

A specific modulated electromagnetic radiation signal passes through that space under its own propagation.

The reference space is still void of mass, and once again free of radiation after the passing of the specific modulated electromagnetic wave.

So what did that reference space provide as a medium for the modulated electromagnetic wave to travel through?

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Do you have a point to make?

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 01:45 PM
link   

So you cant back up anything you said then? Thought so.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Do you? Angry little boy?

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Yes I clearly made several points.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 01:54 PM
link   

So you cant back up anything you said then? Thought so.

What do you mean back up? Concerning what?

Do you have any proof if your making an allegation?

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Don't care... I'm more interested in your opinions of the alternate models that were posted (and I have re-posted) in your thread. You know, the thread you created to discuss concepts about the aether?

Angry little boy.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Humour me then... since your points are lost in the depths of the thread.

Can you reiterate your points concisely (short form) again for discussion please?

Angry little boy.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 01:59 PM
link   

I think almost everything I said in this thread was backed with a mainstream source posted in this thread.

You on the other hand have nothing to back up this fantasy nonsense

Again. Take a given area of outer space void of mass and essential radiation free. Or create a vacuum in a shielded tank to be radiation free. A specific modulated electromagnetic radiation signal passes through that space under its own propagation. The reference space is still void of mass, and once again free of radiation after the passing of the specific modulated electromagnetic wave.

According to science there is a universal field so there is no void space. Literally noone not even here agrees with you.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Look for the posts that people way smarter than you run away from.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join