It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Medium is Propagating Electromagnetic Waves?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: AntonGonist
Btw your thoughts are very dark. I could just fall and scrape my elbow in your scenario. Is it the rage?
You should know, James Bond is frequently threatened with death, but somehow he manages to not get killed. I'm assuming that he's going to figure a way out of the next predicament like he has all the others, so, not that dark, rather he's a clever guy even if he can't do coordinate transformations in his head while strapped to a centrifuge. It wouldn't be a James Bond cartoon if Black Hat said "I expect you to get a scraped elbow" instead of "I expect you to die!"

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: puzzlesphere

Wow the persistent willful ignorance. A fictitious force is not a force. I said "gravity is not a force" and it isnt. Give it up man.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: AntonGonist

Actually, you are projecting... there is very little emotion in my post... who's the emotional one that keeps throwing out antagonistic comments in this thread? You.

To your point, I never said these models were in direct opposition to anything... silly rabbit. They are alternative models that have been offered up in your thread for discussion in your thread... and you didn't discuss them... in your thread.

If you're not going to discuss them in your thread why even make this thread, and not just contribute to other discussions on the topic?

Is this whole thread a troll thread just so you can argue with people?

Seems like it...

Or would you actually like to have a civil discussion about the current state of scientific inquiry into the existence of an aether. WHICH HAS NEVER BEEN SHOWN TO EXIST... either physically or mathematically... so not sure why you are so arrogantly maintaining that it does exist.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 12:19 PM
link   

... but gravity is a force depending on your frame of reference, or more accurately it doesn't matter if it is a force or not... which was the whole point Arbitageur's post. Unless I completely missed his point?

So you don't understand what is meant by "frame of reference" then?
edit on 18-7-2019 by puzzlesphere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 12:20 PM
link   

I am in the process but people keep derailing the thread, ignoring comments or running away after one question.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Ignore their comments then, and post some relevant material for discussion... like discussing the alternate models that have been presented in your thread.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 12:25 PM
link   

In our frame of reference gravity is still only a fictitious force. From our perspective there appears to be a force but there isnt. After all in reality it is the consequence of the curvature of spacetime. Unless you want to argue against Einstein. Give it up.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Like I just said, I did. See how you are ignoring it. Hop along.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Why add the "Give it up"?!?

What does it achieve other than make your self feel good, and turn people against you?

You almost managed a civil reply... then ruined it at the end!... lol

Which is why Arbitageur made the point that it doesn't really matter whether it is a force or not... from one frame of reference it is a very real force... even if you maintain from your frame of reference that it isn't... ergo doesn't matter.

So, back to the question... how can we "prove' there is an aether?

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Again... why add the disparaging "hop along"?

What is with you?... do you have Tourettes?

"Like you just did what?"... not sure what you're referring to. (Full sentence answers help by the way).

What am I ignoring? Your original OP? We're past that now... we need more to continue the discussion.

Like maybe comment on the alternative models that have been presented to you?

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 12:36 PM
link   

a reply to: ManFromEurope

So spacetime is a field and a medium. What is the difference with the Aether?

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Again... why add the disparaging "hop along"?

Because you keep derailing my thread. If you want to discuss those models go to that thread or start one yourself.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Semantics?

Space-time is the current popular term for describing our current best model of the "overall mish-mash" of everything.

Aether has fallen out of popularity )for the last century or so) due to historical context of the word.

Sure, call it the Aether if you want... but that is being semantically confusing.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 12:42 PM
link   

So what exactly are you discussing in this thread then?

I'm sorry... feel free to call me dense... I'm confused... but why even have this thread then? What is it you want to discuss exactly?

I thought those alternate models address your OP very well and are worth discussion in this thread... no?

I came to this thread to discuss the concept of the aether... I'm not interested in joining other threads at the moment.

PS. You never engaged with the best replies to your OP... they each posted once, not again, because you didn't comment on their posts... reply to them, get them engaged (or do you not actually want discussion and answers?)... and maybe there will be some more intelligent discussion in this thread... rather than you just slinging muck.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Space-time is the current popular term for describing our current best model of the "overall mish-mash" of everything.

Pff and straight back to the "ooh yeah you see were not sure, where just using random terms and try to be as non specific as possible......get it?"

According to science, and other posters, there is a universal field of some sorts, it seems to be electrical in nature, it is a medium that propagates EM radiation. What is the difference with the undesirable Aether?
edit on 18-7-2019 by AntonGonist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 12:49 PM
link   

a reply to: neutronflux

Wow this guy is unbelievable.......you tell me, I am qouting your model. Whats the matter? Does your model not make sense?

Is there not a very real attraction between objects of mass? What would you call that attraction?

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 12:52 PM
link   

"Pff... .....get it?

... lol... Is it impossible for you to be not rude?

I'm not "... straight back to the..."... lol... this is a discussion isn't it? You need to use more words to clarify your point, so there is a chance to come to a synthesis of understanding between each other... or you can just maintain your superiority and rule your tiny little private universe... self-flagulation at its finest.

How old are you? Do you have a job? Do you have much human interaction in the real world? Because your attitude suggests a spoiled arrogant little boy, sitting in a privileged place on an expensive computer, with no real idea how to empathise and interact with people.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 12:56 PM
link   

According to science, and other posters, there is a universal field of some sorts, it seems to be electrical in nature, it is a medium that propagates EM radiation. What is the difference with the undesirable Aether?

Yes. Things have to be in the “fabric” of this “reality” to exist in this “reality”.

Again. I can transmit a signal from the earth to the moon with no requirements for a “medium” with electromagnetic radiation because electromagnetic radiation is self propagating and requires no “medium”. But the electromagnetic radiation must be “real” to exist.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

Get over your loss. We have moved on past the boo boo now.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Yes... Arbitageur explained it very clearly... depending on your frame of reference, gravity both is and isn't a force.

So you weren't right.

Angry little boy.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join