It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The “#meniether” Prager University Ad.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Ok so I just watched this ad on YouTube that PERFECTLY describes Prager U and other ridiculously laughable conservative propaganda..

Also just for the record, there is no Prager University.. it is ONLY a conservative action group with a youtube channel... there is no school...

Here is a link..

youtu.be...

So basically in a nut shell, and with as little bias as possible to lay out the fundamentals...

This woman is the wife of a successful coffee shop owner in Oregon..she claims she wanted a place for free speech, so she started a forum called “#meniether” as a forum where people could avoid censorship..

Employees at the coffee shops found her forum and publicized her beliefs on social media and such, for which she has recieved major social media blowback blowback..

Now for my actual opinion..

1) it sure is funny that her forum is free speech , but those who had a problem with her speech posting their own opinions is censorship...

This is par for the course for conservatives...

Say something bad about Jesus and churches everywhere will boycott your business, and that is cool, free speech!!

Say something racist or sexist and have people boycott your businesses and it is censorship...

Yea.. right..

2) if she really wanted a forum about censorship, then why did she choose “me neither” for the forum name????

She is a hard core conservative, who wanted a forum to combat “the lefties..”. Which is perfectly fine, but it isn’t a free space focused on censorship now is it???

So if you start a hard right conservative blog, it is safe to assume you might get blowback from the opposition..

If you can’t handle the political blowback, don’t make a hard right or left blog.... obviously..

4) even the concept of “#meniether” is disgusting..

So if #metoo is meant to highlight all the women who have been sexually harassed or assuaged by powerful men with no accountability, so we #meniether be the opposite?!?!

Is she trying to highlight the fact some women have not been raped, lol?!?!

Or trying to say that women should never be believed?!?!

It is just so obviously a crappy spiteful thing to do...

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: JustJohnny

We certainly live in a mixed up society today.

Questioning a womans claim of sexual assault will get you crucified on social media.

Actually raping a woman, "mike Tyson, Roman Polanski" will get you a standing ovation and a movie career.

Just being accused of inappropriate sexual conduct can ruin a man.

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 07:37 AM
link   
You spent all that time describing leftists and trying to project onto 'Conservatives'.
Was that to convince yourself or others?

#meneither.

I'd recommend watching the video. It's powerful at shining a light on the disgusting behaviour of the meetoo movement and radicals on the left.
Thanks OP for linking it.. Now I have it I will be sharing it widely.

edit on 17/7/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I recently saw a representative of PU ( an apt abbreviation) interviewed, and while I think, as a whole, the organization is a bit "out there", they do have valid concerns about social media giants suppressing views that are not consistent with their own.

For the most part, I believe private organizations, and businesses are within their rights to do business as they see fit.

In the case of companies like FB, and YouTube, however they are close to monopolies, and should be subject to some legislation to ensure fairness.

On the other hand, if someone wanted to start competing entities, they are free to do so, and the free market will sort it out.

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

We certainly live in a mixed up society today.

Questioning a womans claim of sexual assault will get you crucified on social media.

Actually raping a woman, "mike Tyson, Roman Polanski" will get you a standing ovation and a movie career.

Just being accused of inappropriate sexual conduct can ruin a man.

Yeah, your argument means no woman ever has been raped and no woman ever tells the truth. Is your world really that black or white?
You are aware that far more women are raped than men right?
You are aware that a hell of a lot of women don't report rape either right?
You are aware that most rape claims are real right?
You are aware how insulting your post is [to all the millions of women who have been violently taken against their will].

Everyone is aware that some women [SOME] lie about rape.

And whilst it is true that a man's life can be ruined by a false accusation, a woman's life can be ruined by actual rape, mate and it happens far more often!
We would all love more justice, I feel sorry for falsely accused males, but I also feel sorry for real rape victims.

You are aware that the rest of the female world totally hates those bitches that lie, because they put the huge amount of real rapes at risk for being not taken seriously, by people like you.
I hope for women who lie about this to catch pestilence and suffer greatly - or at least get the jail sentence they deserve.

Would you say that because some children lie about being molested, that all children should be kicked up the ass and hated if they report molestation? Or would you err on the cautious side because you have a brain and know that this is a reality and that children need protection and justice?

You really need to think a bit more before commenting, your woman hatred shows a bit too much and it is utterly embarrassing.

edit on 17-7-2019 by Hecate666 because: stuff

edit on 17-7-2019 by Hecate666 because: more stuff

edit on 17-7-2019 by Hecate666 because: even more stuff

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Just to opine on Prager U. I think that what they are doing is far too little actually. The problem with conservatism is that they let the left go unchecked for the past 40-60 years or so. The left has been playing the long game and building their base by taking over the education system and ingraining liberalism into the kids from kindergarten on.

What the right needs to do is counteract that with educational aids of their own. Prager U is a start but the right needs to do much more. Get conservative teachers into the school systems and possibly even conservative studies into the college system. Conservatives need to take back the educational system and put up a fight. Only problem is that it may be too late.

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

The only thing that is embarrassing is your complete overreaction and misinterpretation to my post.
I never once said a woman's claims of rape should be ignored.
I am saying that a mans word deserves just as much credibility until proven otherwise.

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 01:40 PM
link   
It's embarrassing that you think anyone here actually needed to be told there is no brick and mortar Prager U. It's a channel name, but I'll bet for a while you actually thought it was a brick and mortar and had to look it up.

That assumption right there aptly described the actual knowledge base the left haves, cares to have about anything related to the right. You actually thought you needed to educate us when it was likely you who needed to educate yourself.

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: JustJohnny
So if #metoo is meant to highlight all the women who have been sexually harassed or assuaged by powerful men with no accountability, so we #meniether be the opposite?!?!

Is she trying to highlight the fact some women have not been raped, lol?!?!

Or trying to say that women should never be believed?!?!

Obviously, she's indicating she doesn't wish to be pounded or she wouldn't have named it "Pound Me Neither" duh.

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

I think last week's Prager U fiasco involved leftists accusing the Prager U video presenter, Ben Shapiro, of being a neoNazi... Ben Shaprio, an Orthodox Jew, called a Nazi by the Left.

We're not dealing with intelligent, rational, or worthwhile individuals here... we need to stop pretending that we are and start treating them accordingly (hint: accordingly means "with mockery and laughter.")

HA
Ha
HA
HAHAHAHAHA @ the left's complaints against Mr Prager and his platform.

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

The irony is that for any clueless leftist who wants to elevate their debate above the mere REEEEE when matched against a person of conservative to libertarian persuasion, Prager U videos are about the perfect format to offer a sound basis in the philosophy that opponent is likely grounded in. The presenters use clear, concise language and the video format allows for nice pictures to keep the attention span going.

Perfect for the attention deficit crowd. It's a nice primer to make an almost insta, mini expert in the topic.

They'd appear far more coherent than simply "You, you racist! REEEEEEEEE!" like they often default to now.

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Did you watch the video you linked?

All she espoused is the concept of innocent until proven guilty. Are you saying that guilty until proven innocent is how it should be?

Why do you personally believe that when an accusation is made, it's always the truth? If you disagree with what's in the video, that's what you are saying, is it not?

What do you have against the accused having the right to face the accuser and have the accusation proven before the sentence is handed out? Why do you believe it's never the case an accusation is false?

Or is it just that you are so indoctrinated, that your opinion is, that anyone with an opinion contrary to yours should be silenced. I think that's the real case is it not? Censorship is your real goal?

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I don’t consider ANYTHING that happens on social media crucifixion..

I think that is the problem... in a lot of these cases,NO THE RICH SLEEZEBALL’s life is not ruined..

He still has his stock options and summer home..

Like only wienstien has faced more than “mean internet comments” and maybe changing jobs..

I think all the hyperbole is part of the problem.

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 06:07 PM
link   

So then the real problem is you don't like successful people then? Do you also take the same view of successful progressives?

This whole idea of punishing businesses for an owners or employees political views is about as Anti-American of a thing as there is. Towing a single Party line is a concept more at home in Communist countries, places like Cuba where only the party elite get to live large.

It's a sad world where an angry person can just tell disagree with someone and then use it to destroy their life's work out of pure hate. Tell me, is a single party state your true goal? No more free speech, no more equality, just agree with me or your done for?

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

You do know you are required to reply with a counterpoint, to have made a point...

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Mach2

I disagree completely...

I think there is a trend of ALL corporations running scared from ANY controversy , imho due to the internet throwing their advertising dollars into chaos..

That isn’t repressing their speech..

Take the “intellectual dark web” AKA a bunch of conservatives pretending to be in the middle and pretending to fight against censorship.....

Ben Shapiro, Jordan Peterson, Dave Rubin, exc...

ALL OF THEM ARE LITERALLY IN THE TOP 15 Podcasts and demand crazy speaking fees...

They are not censored... it is calling wolf for a pity party..

I’m not sure what side you fall on politically, but allssuming you lean right, you literally just said “I am only cool with censorship, when it isn’t against Republicans. Or to be fair , “as long as it is something I agree with..”

“I agree with provate business having free speech... except for FB and youtube (the people most attacked by conservative media..”

C) there is no free market.. every market has taxes, political bias, cultural biases and PLENTY of horrible things that are incredibly profitable..

Imho “free market is really one of those nonsense words that sounds good but means nothing... it is what they tell the yokels to keep them quiet and working...

“Of course it is ridiculous that X, Y and Z are happening, but don’t worry!! The free market will work it out!

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Define “ruin”...

With the exception of wienstien none of these accused lost their fortunes, property or health..

They just changed jobs and got mean internet comments..

Hypothetically, the female was raped/assaulted and the guy had to change jobs....

Which one would you pick??

top topics

join