It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Found 9,000-year-old Neolithic city near Jerusalem

page: 1

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Full title is : Archaeology's Neolithic 'big bang' moment found in a 9,000-year-old city near Jerusalem

This particular Site is being touted as the Middle East's largest Neolithic find...

There have always been questions of when our ancestors started to settle down and do farming and start to raise animals instead of shoot on sight. This is one of the reasons this site is being claimed as so important. 9000 years ago there was a small city with an estimated 2000 to 3000 inhabitants who raised crops, kept sheep, and made a lot of flint arrow heads !

This is a big deal for Archaeologist and I can appreciate their work and discovery however, I am someone who truly believes most of the big ancient cities are to be found a couple of hundred feet below the present sea level; oh well still an important find....

"This is most probably the largest excavation of this time period in the Middle East, which will allow the research to advance leaps and bounds ahead of where we are today, just by the amount of material that we are able to save and preserve from this site," said Lauren Davis, an archaeologist with Israel's antiquities authority.

The excavation exposed large buildings, alleyways and burial places, evidence of a relatively advanced level of planning, the antiquities authority said in a statement.

The team also found storage sheds that contained large quantities of legumes, particularly lentils, whose seeds were remarkably preserved throughout the millennia.

"This finding is evidence of an intensive practice of agriculture," the statement read.
"Animal bones found on the site show that the settlement's residents became increasingly specialized in sheep-keeping, while the use of hunting for survival gradually decreased".

www.abc.net.au...
edit on 727thk19 by 727Sky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 06:27 AM
link   
I still wonder why we find these places still with tools and grains. As if the people just fled, left or vanished.

We have countless abandoned areas I suppose, entire towns in some areas that still have working computers, running 98, still with the software used in their last moments.. but, even they elicit the question.. why? (thinking of this youtube channel that go into old areas and document them, The Proper People, www.youtube.com... )

I hope more info comes from this, interesting stuff..

Cheers!!

edit on 17-7-2019 by gallop because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: gallop

the youtube chanel you cite = clickbait idiots

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

this find begs a question - can you figure out what it is ?

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

the youtube chanel you cite = clickbait idiots

Really? I enjoy the videos. What is clickbait about it. Sure they amp it up, don't blame them.

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 07:46 AM
link   

wow.

In that video a guy is holding up what appears to be a stone screw.

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Wow, what a find, this changes... nothing.

We all know how advanced the ancients were, when I was looking through a book I have in my "library" and the earliest known paddle for a boat was used circa 7500 bc, then you have the Baghdad batteries, a mystery device that generates electricity (with the awesome power of one volt) nearly two thousand years before Volta invented the battery.

Who knows what other secrets we'll dig up...

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 04:27 PM
link   

I wish he'd tell me why..

Random things without reason, befuddled me.. Oo

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky

This is a big deal for Archaeologist and I can appreciate their work and discovery however, I am someone who truly believes most of the big ancient cities are to be found a couple of hundred feet below the present sea level; oh well still an important find....

Scatterer diagrams. Around any city or cultural site you get artifacts and remains and in general these fan out from said site with the general rule of decreasing over distance. The distance from a city can be up to several hundred kilometers as its products get traded away especially stuff like pottery, tools and other items to those providing food.

www.researchgate.net...

If there are ancient cities on submerged coast lines you should find artifacts in scatter arrays centered on such a city. It would also be material that is unique and not associated with other cultures - to date that has never been found. Scatter arrays are very common in almost all sites. So the city might be underwater but during its centuries/decades of existence it would have spread stuff all over the inland area from it and overseas also. This is not found.

Yet we do find such for Minoan, Phoenician, Egyptian, Greek and other people's cities - Roman stuff showing up in southern India.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie
[...] then you have the Baghdad batteries, a mystery device that generates electricity (with the awesome power of one volt) nearly two thousand years before Volta invented the battery.

These have been determined to be containers for storing old scrolls in metal and clay that just happen to create electricity when they're filled with some kind of acid and the scrolls rotted away.
edit on 18-7-2019 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

top topics

join