It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Goodbye Los Angeles - Welcome Los Ratas

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 02:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Where were you when the Italian mafia was importing heroin like crazy and got half the east coast hooked? You think a wall is going to stop americas insatiable drug addiction? Hilarious.

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 02:15 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 02:16 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

And who brought the rats to the United States? European immigrants! They hate America! Plus then they tried to make propaganda films (Secret of NIMH, for example) to legitimize their evil plot to bring down the country from the inside. "You silly Americans shall not have a leg up on us... you shall also have zee rats!".

Dude, rats are in cities cause there are more people in cities. Duh. And of course people in cities are liberal. They can actually handle being around all kinds of different other people. And would rather be a part of shared humanity rather than hide out in a doomsday prepper fear-bunker in the middle of nowhere. We're all gonna have to work together eventually as the US turns into one big suburb that surround a few farms and factories. The city is coming to you. And it is bringing the rats! Just as those Euro immigrants planned!

Oddly enough as an LA resident for almost a decade I've hardly ever seen rats here. Coyotes, sure, tons of them. Rattlesnakes... yup, seen em while hiking (and running). Lizards, thousands of em. Skunks, lots. Raccoons, yup, them too. Rats, maybe 2 since I moved here? Midwest and east coast cities, man I see them every day.

Know what else i've seen? Right wing anecdotal stories heavily and unabashedly cherrypicked and used in a desperate and pathetic attempt to paint some broad strokes across liberals. Every day at ole ATS. The fear is real, and unreal.

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 02:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut

So how did democratic policies wreck Arkansas or West Virginia, bastions of economic and cultural excellence?

I'm assuming that nobody has taught you about that whole "Federal Government " thing...

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 02:23 AM
link   

a reply to: FyreByrd

People tend to bash blue states around here, I rarely ever hear a bad word about the opiate and meth infected welfare abusing red states.

Can you name one where trash is dumped in the streets , folks crap on the sidewalk , and is infested by a rat population as such ?

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Where were you when the Italian mafia was importing heroin like crazy and got half the east coast hooked? You think a wall is going to stop americas insatiable drug addiction? Hilarious.

You kinda , sorta need to source that , you know...

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 02:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Florida, West Virginia, Indiana, arkansas... class acts just to name a few.

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 02:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Never heard of the French connection or all the Sicilian pizza shops that would import the heroin in tomato sauce cans and other pizza ingredients, of course not because the Italian mafia and crime that came with it has been glorified to the point people wish for the days of old when the mafia ran vegas. Kind of reminds me of the nostalgia older Russians reminisce of the good old days of communism and how it was better back then.

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 02:41 AM
link   
a reply to: okrian

Bravo sir.

Have a star.

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 02:43 AM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

Hey, I make no bones about the fact that we have problems too. I've laid into our government over some of the idiotic policies they have signed on to many times.

None of that negates the fact that California cities, the supposed shining lights of human excellence and (according to them) shining beacons of perfection... have human feces in the streets, used drug paraphernalia in the streets, an ever-expanding homeless problem, and now an explosion of rats that have already caused localized typhus outbreaks.

If I saw that in the worst dives in Birmingham I would be throwing a fit and contacting every official I could to find out exactly why I shouldn't show up with a lynch mob. I would not be ignoring the problem because it's somehow cruel to kill the rats before they can kill people.

If you don't want stones flung in your general direction, don't paint a target on the side of your house.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 02:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

I LOVE that scene!

Of course, part of that is because I can relate. There are bad things and good things that go along with having a malformed stomach: food goes through too fast and can cause some serious pain at times, but I apparently have compensated with some powerful stomach acid... I can eat stuff that would make a shark gag and a billy goat puke. Salmonella is just an alternate protein source to me. I have had food poisoning several times... I just belched a lot. So yeah, I would eat a rat-burger!

I doubt others would fare so well, though.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 02:48 AM
link   

They'll only let the situation get worse if they don't let people help.

I think having a cat sanctuary whereby cats are revered by all to the point they just hang out on the streets all day and get pets by passer by. We'd just have to ban all autos from the area, right? LA is "progressive" enough they'll give up their right to drive. I mean, because animals are just so cute as opposed to the mentally ill and homeless drug addicts.

Hipster Yuppies will rule the world.

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 02:54 AM
link   

So New York city, San Francisco and Los Angeles are suddenly the manufacturing hubs of the United States?

Quit acting stupid because you are not. You know what I was saying so why try to trivialize it huh?
These problems we face are not recent in inception,they go back before our grand parents were born, one problem compounding a previous problem.

i offered a perspective to the current situation that had not been mentioned and all you can do because it did chime in with the specifics you wish to strress is to critisize it with a stupid question like that. Then what did you do?
You turned to your old and hackneyed list of greivences you hold against your boogyman and repeat them like a good little soldier. Good job Lum...

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 06:00 AM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

are you saying that there isn't a huge problem in LA?

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 06:41 AM
link   
just my opinion - but :

from the OP sources :

" banning effective pest control " - jumps out as a far bigger problem than " teh homeless "

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Heard, the other day, that every female rat can get pregnant every 18 days with an average litter of 6.

Expect exponential growth in the rat population.
edit on 17-7-2019 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Governor Newsome should pass a law against rats, and raise taxes

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Laws are only enforced against people who follow the rules. rats. bums illegal aliens all get a pass.

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: okrian

Rat History - they're not indigenous to Europe.

As for the rest of your post, no, rats are in cities because humans are filthy critters by nature and rats tend to like filth. And the cities are not coming here; they already tried. They keep trying. Every few months, another slicker moves in, all excited about living in clean air, having clean water, and having nice neighbors without worrying about crime. Within a couple of months, they're already showing signs they can't handle it. They all want to control those nice neighbors so the nice neighbors become not so nice. They get a whiff of the pig farm down the road... so much for the clean air and the cops won't change the prevailing winds for them (or make the farmer go out of business). There's no 1 hour pizza delivery, and they have to drive 30 minutes to go anywhere. After a few months, when everyone hates them anyway, they decide to go back to their city with their tails between their legs like little whipped puppies.

Keep living in your fantasies. You're the reason we don't like slickers out here. We get along with each other quite well, thank you very much, because we don't care what color your skin is or where you came from; we care about whether you're intelligent enough to survive without depending on a village to take care of you.

Most of you slickers aren't.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

These problems we face are not recent in inception,they go back before our grand parents were born, one problem compounding a previous problem.

Actually, the rat problem is recent, as in last year. There have always been rats, but only starting a year ago have they begun to double in population every year.

But that's OK... maybe you can have a story night where you can gather a few thousand rats around and tell them the story of how they are really there because of capitalism.

TheRedneck

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join