It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Goodbye Los Angeles - Welcome Los Ratas

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+32 more 
posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 10:52 PM
link   
"Los ratas" is Spanish for "the rats." That's right... rats. I thought the title was appropriate because "Los Angeles" means "the angels" leading to the city being referred to as the "City of Angels." Well, possibly no more... it is now the "City of Rats."

The local L.A. CBS affiliate reports:

Pest control and public health experts are calling on California Gov. Gavin Newsom to declare a public health emergency over what they say is a sharp rise in the state’s rodent population.

“California is being overrun by rodents – and without immediate emergency action by state and local government, we face significant economic costs and risk a public health crisis,” said Carl DeMaio, chairman of Reform California, at a news conference Tuesday at City Hall in downtown Los Angeles.

Why? Why are rats seemingly taking over the city of Los Angeles, now Los Ratas?

It's not Global Warming... the scientists who produced the study have ruled that out. No, they choose to blame the rising homeless epidemic, and the unsanitary conditions that come with large numbers of homeless people defacating and littering wherever they are due to lack of alternatives. But there's yet another cause:

But despite some studies linking rodent activity to climate change, the report says environmental factors are not to blame for the state’s rat increase. Instead, the issue is “directly related” a spike in the homeless population and the elimination of effective rodent control methods under legislation such as AB 1788, which would ban the use of ban the “second generation” category of anticoagulant rodenticides in California.

The backers of that bill claim the rodenticides are harming the environment and are killing innocent wildlife.

It's due to a combination of rising costs of housing and the banning of effective rat controls, and a big part of that homelessness is due to illegal immigration and sanctuary cities. In other words: it's due to the Progressives.

This is the beginning of the end. Rats carry some pretty nasty diseases, such as

• Hantavirus Pulmonary Syndrome
  • Hemorrhagic Fever with Renal Syndrome
  • Lassa Fever
  • Leptospirosis
  • Lymphocytic Chorio-meningitis (LCM)
  • Omsk Hemorrhagic Fever
  • Plague
  • Rat-Bite Fever
  • Salmonellosis
  • South American Arenaviruses (Argentine hemorrhagic fever, Bolivian hemorrhagic fever, Sabiá-associated hemorrhagic fever, Venezuelan hemorrhagic fever)
  • Tularemia

As well as some nasty diseases that are indirectly spread:

• Babesiosis
  • Colorado Tick Fever
  • Cutaneous Leishmaniasis
  • Human Granulocytic Anaplasmosis
  • La Crosse Encephalytis
  • Lyme Disease
  • Murine Typhus
  • Omsk Hemorrhagic Fever
  • Powassan Virus
  • Scrub Typhus
  • Rickettsialpox
  • Relapsing Fever
  • Rocky mountain Spotted Fever
  • Sylvatic Typhus
  • West Nile Virus
That's a lot of diseases! I know some of them... and they're not pretty. It looks like L.A. has gone from the glory days of Hollywood glitz and glamour to the Dark Ages, in record time, I might add.

I also know that once you have rats, they are hard to get rid of... the reason is that they don't stay in one place. Get your home rat-free, and they just move in next door (on both sides) and infest them, then once your house is no longer poisoned they come right back. This is going to take a concerted effort based in factual rodent treatment, not more of the "feelz-goodz" philosophy the Progressives are known for. And to be honest, I don't think California has it in them to do it.

Thank goodness for the desert... actual rodent control that works for the rest of the country.

Personally, I'm waiting to see how the Rabid Anti-Trumpers can blame this on Donald Trump. You know they will try!

TheRedneck

+11 more 
posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 10:56 PM
link   
But the weather is so nice......

DEERPPP

Takes an outsider perspective.

I'ts a #hole....period. There is no logical defense.

Enjoy your plague in your skimpy bikini while 50 percent of your populace lives in 3rd world conditions.

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I'd live in LA....

Give me 10 million up front. Pay for my rent(couple mil a year) and the contract expires after one year....I'll spend most my time commuting outside of the dump.

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Literally just got through watching this Dr. Drew video and he is talking to actor Seth Green about the homeless problem in LA. He talks about how the rats are a huge health problem.

He gave Seth a bit of a reality check on the homeless problem... pointed out it isn't a homeless problem but an addiction and mental illness issue. Liberals are using affordable housing to cover up the real issue.

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
Literally just got through watching this Dr. Drew video and he is talking to actor Seth Green about the homeless problem in LA. He talks about how the rats are a huge health problem.

He gave Seth a bit of a reality check on the homeless problem... pointed out it isn't a homeless problem but an addiction and mental illness issue. Liberals are using affordable housing to cover up the real issue.

Sounds like a good interview.

I'll just skip it and jump to the end.

Seth's a bleeding heart and Drew's a F'In ALT RIGHT NAZI>>>>>>@L@@OLK@@LK@LJ
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Sorry, I'm just done with this crap, you can only tell stupid people for so long that they are stupid.

People need to find out the truth for themselves. If they can't then darwin is waiting at the end of the rainbow for them.

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

living in the country we have rats especially in the barn were the hay is stacked i don't poison them they stink when they die i live trap them then drown them easy to catch and they don't seem to twig what i'm doing as long as you keep on top of them easy to control

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Steveogold

Easy to control out here... I'm in the same situation. We always just let a few stray cats stay around the barn. Bang! No rats.

But in the city? No, they're nigh impossible to get rid of without poisoning everything in sight. There's just too many people too close together in houses that have built-in rat holes to keep any predators out. Then there's the filth that comes form having that many humans in that close proximity. We're not exactly clean creatures by nature.

Add in homelessness and lack of sanitary facilities, and you have a rat heaven. The little buggers breed like... well, rats...

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 12:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
"Los ratas" is Spanish for "the rats." That's right... rats. I thought the title was appropriate because "Los Angeles" means "the angels" leading to the city being referred to as the "City of Angels." Well, possibly no more... it is now the "City of Rats."

The local L.A. CBS affiliate reports:

Pest control and public health experts are calling on California Gov. Gavin Newsom to declare a public health emergency over what they say is a sharp rise in the state’s rodent population.

“California is being overrun by rodents – and without immediate emergency action by state and local government, we face significant economic costs and risk a public health crisis,” said Carl DeMaio, chairman of Reform California, at a news conference Tuesday at City Hall in downtown Los Angeles.

Why? Why are rats seemingly taking over the city of Los Angeles, now Los Ratas?

It's not Global Warming... the scientists who produced the study have ruled that out. No, they choose to blame the rising homeless epidemic, and the unsanitary conditions that come with large numbers of homeless people defacating and littering wherever they are due to lack of alternatives. But there's yet another cause:

But despite some studies linking rodent activity to climate change, the report says environmental factors are not to blame for the state’s rat increase. Instead, the issue is “directly related” a spike in the homeless population and the elimination of effective rodent control methods under legislation such as AB 1788, which would ban the use of ban the “second generation” category of anticoagulant rodenticides in California.

The backers of that bill claim the rodenticides are harming the environment and are killing innocent wildlife.

It's due to a combination of rising costs of housing and the banning of effective rat controls, and a big part of that homelessness is due to illegal immigration and sanctuary cities. In other words: it's due to the Progressives.

This is the beginning of the end. Rats carry some pretty nasty diseases, such as

• Hantavirus Pulmonary Syndrome
  • Hemorrhagic Fever with Renal Syndrome
  • Lassa Fever
  • Leptospirosis
  • Lymphocytic Chorio-meningitis (LCM)
  • Omsk Hemorrhagic Fever
  • Plague
  • Rat-Bite Fever
  • Salmonellosis
  • South American Arenaviruses (Argentine hemorrhagic fever, Bolivian hemorrhagic fever, Sabiá-associated hemorrhagic fever, Venezuelan hemorrhagic fever)
  • Tularemia

As well as some nasty diseases that are indirectly spread:

• Babesiosis
  • Colorado Tick Fever
  • Cutaneous Leishmaniasis
  • Human Granulocytic Anaplasmosis
  • La Crosse Encephalytis
  • Lyme Disease
  • Murine Typhus
  • Omsk Hemorrhagic Fever
  • Powassan Virus
  • Scrub Typhus
  • Rickettsialpox
  • Relapsing Fever
  • Rocky mountain Spotted Fever
  • Sylvatic Typhus
  • West Nile Virus
That's a lot of diseases! I know some of them... and they're not pretty. It looks like L.A. has gone from the glory days of Hollywood glitz and glamour to the Dark Ages, in record time, I might add.

I also know that once you have rats, they are hard to get rid of... the reason is that they don't stay in one place. Get your home rat-free, and they just move in next door (on both sides) and infest them, then once your house is no longer poisoned they come right back. This is going to take a concerted effort based in factual rodent treatment, not more of the "feelz-goodz" philosophy the Progressives are known for. And to be honest, I don't think California has it in them to do it.

Thank goodness for the desert... actual rodent control that works for the rest of the country.

Personally, I'm waiting to see how the Rabid Anti-Trumpers can blame this on Donald Trump. You know they will try!

TheRedneck

Boy, what a mess.

And all your references are saying "The State of California" - why, would an experienced mod such as yourself - talk only about Los Angeles.

It is a problem and it is statewide (and in many other places as well I would imagine), why the LA bashing. Kinda ruins the excellent information value of the OP. IMHO, of course.

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 12:35 AM
link   
L.a. was a great place to live 50-60 years ago because there was less than 2 million people to share paradise with, now you have to share that space with 4 million people. Big cities in the u.s and around the world tend to be overpopulated sess pools. The only clean orderly big cities tend to be in Japan, because they are raised from infancy to be clean, orderly and decent....We could learn a thing or two from them.

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Sounds like some cats are needed.

Then it could Los Catas.
edit on 1772019 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 01:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

With all their homeless, they would probably eat the cats.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 01:22 AM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

People tend to bash blue states around here, I rarely ever hear a bad word about the opiate and meth infected welfare abusing red states.

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 01:37 AM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

Oh, sure, NOW someone reads past the headlines!

The article I quoted was from the Los Angeles CBS affiliate CBSLA. So I concentrated on Los Angeles. Plus, I liked the wording in the headline ("City of Rats") and ran with that too.

TheRedneck

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 01:42 AM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

People tend to bash blue states around here, I rarely ever hear a bad word about the opiate and meth infected welfare abusing red states.

Are you insinuating that there is no meth/opiate problem in blue states?

The entire problem is being worsened by the immigration crisis... and who is holding up progress on that? Oh, yeah, the blue states... you know, the ones so enlightened they're about to get themselves extinct from a Bubonic Plague outbreak... but yeah, let's blame someone else while we all die. It's the Progressive way!

Sheesh...

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Has anyone around here considered that part of the high population of urban areas has been due for over a century to American industry building their manufacturing plants in major cities where people need to move to get jobs?

The cotton pickers who ages ago lost their rural jobs when the cotton picker machine was invented displacing 49 out of 50 cotton pickers who needed to keep working to support their families. So what did they do where did they go? They went to the manufacturing plants of the big cities for work.

Around those manufacturing plants and other production facilities support industry sprang up requiring more workers etc etc etc.

So for me at least, some of the blame for these horror filed nightmares called our major cities lies with the capitalist system itself and it's tendency towards the centralization of just about everything.

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 02:02 AM
link   
I've watched a country turn to #. Like frogs getting boiled the majority won't believe. You'll watch your friends move away to "better" places.

Lol its rather sad a few that moved to Germany are now looking to bail from there. Choose your next country well

+7 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 02:06 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

So New York city, San Francisco and Los Angeles are suddenly the manufacturing hubs of the United States?

Buhahahahaha!!!!

Here is how it really works.

Capitalism makes some places a lot of money.

Progressives come into the scene, like the cancer they are.

They run on improving wealth inequality, free stuff for all, fixing the poverty problem, diversity and then they get in power.

Soon, in Los Ratas for instance, you have the highest wealth inequality in the US, record levels of poverty, homelessness, joblessness.

Then they blame it on capitalism.

But but... they can fix that!!!

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 02:06 AM
link   

No but I am insinuating that people that live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones!

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 02:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut

No but I am insinuating that people that live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones!

You do realize that if we just put a wall on our southern border it would cut down a lot on drugs.

Perhaps you should call your Democratic representative and tell them that.

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 02:11 AM
link   

So how did democratic policies wreck Arkansas or West Virginia, bastions of economic and cultural excellence?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join