It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just In: Chicago Lawmaker Encourages Residents To Obtain Conceal License

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: seaswine

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: seaswine
a reply to: Edumakated

I've talked about this before on ATS so the story may be redundant, but when I visited Trenton NJ with a friend who grew up there (he's black, I'm white) it was total culture shock.

While my friend and i were hanging out on one of his old buddies stoops and just shootin the s41t and getting aquainted, shots starting ringing out about a half block or so up the street.

I hit the pavement and covered my head. Once the shooting stopped, I got up and everyone just started laughing at my reaction to the gunfire.

That experience showed me how common the gang violence is. The locals, as well as my friend didn't even flinch. Just another day in Trenton I guess.

It is like that in urban communities all over the country. Lord of the Flies. People shooting at each other over nothing...

Yeah that's what I was thinking. Trenton is nowhere near the size of Chicago, L.A. and numerous other cities. I can only imagine how bad things must get in the BIG cities.

I don't think it has anything to do with the color of ones skin. It is all about the environment. There's a solution to the problem... but I don't know what the answer is.

Chicago actually isn't that bad on a per capita basis. Much smaller cities like St. Louis, Baton Rouge, Detroit, Baltimore are actually worse when you factor in population. We have the most raw numbers though. The story is the same though. Highly concentrated in black communities and to a lesser degree hispanic.

It IS cultural issue more so than anything. I don't really know why, but I do know it is connected to the fact these kids are being raised primarily by single mothers. The lack of role models, exposure to hustlers/dealers, being raised by overly emotional single females, easy access to guns, and a desire for fast money.... all reinforced by hip hop music glorifying the life. A recipe for disaster.

The typical shooter in Chicago is like 15 or 16 years old. Let that sink in. Some straight up African child soldier sh*t. It is literally teenagers dying.

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I haven't looked at the stats but I believe you. I've heard many horror stories from friends and aquaintces about Baltimore.

When I visited Detroit with my then gf, we were followed by cops from the 8 mile exit and into town. We were going to get fresh chorizo from a local store and they put the lights on us in the parking lot.

Their reasoning? They wanted to make sure we were "ok". Apparently having PA plates makes them assume you're trafficking drugs or something. I consented to a search, which in hindsight I shouldn't have, but all they found was less than .5g of green that must've been in the car for a long time.

They threw it away and the four of us went into the market and had lunch. The cops were really cool. We had a good chat about places to go and things to see. Overall I'd say Detroit wasn't too bad IMHO.

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Felons can't own firearms... Who is he fooling?

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: shawmanfromny

I think rather than spending all this time and energy worrying about who can get guns, perhaps making gun safety and responsible gun ownership a priority would provide good results. Unless results aren't what the agenda is looking for.......

Gee, if only there was a National organization that did exactly that.

Someone should start one up!!!

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Being a resident of Illinois, I can offer up a solution to solve two problems at once! Tell the gangbangers to stop shooting each other and go visit the governor's mansion.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join